• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Owned: Wife sells flirtatious husband's Lotus Esprit Turbo sold for 92 cents on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doth Togo

Ananova (http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1436341.html):

DJ's wife sold his Lotus for 50p

A controversial radio DJ's wife sold his £25,000 sports car on eBay for just 50p after he flirted with Jodie Marsh on air.

Kerrang 105.2's Tim Shaw told the model he was prepared to leave his wife and their two children for her, reports Metro.

Wife Hayley was listening and immediately posted an advert for the Lotus Esprit Turbo with a 'Buy It Now' option of 50p.

The item description read: "I need to get rid of this car in the next two to three hours before my husband gets home to find it gone and all his belongings in the street."

The car sold within five minutes.

On a previous occasion, the DJ upset Mrs Shaw, 27, when she was pregnant by ringing her sister live on air and saying he thought about her while having sex with his wife.

Mrs Shaw said: "When he said he would leave me and the kids for Jodie Marsh, that was it for me. I am sick of him disrespecting this family for the sake of his act.

"The car is his pride and joy but the idiot put my name on the log book so I just sold it. I didn't care about the money, I just wanted to get him back."

She added: "There is no hope for a reconciliation." A Kerrang 105.2 spokesperson said the DJ was 'absolutely gutted'.

And............................ A link to the actual eBay ad:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2192&item=4556985749&rd=1

Editorial comment: He got what he deserved. Shock jock or not you never disrespect your wife like that in public. Note the name of the buyer... "goddamm7"

77_1_b.JPG

Hi, my name is OWNED.

i was ready to come into this thread and call the lady a bitch and what not but after reading what teh husband did to her.....man he deserved it.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Sweet JESUS, women can be vindictive. But what an asshole that guy is.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wow, I didn't expect all the support for the wife.

I have to take the other side of it. When on the air, aren't DJs just playing a role? I know I did when I was on the air. There was an on-air persona and an off-air persona, which were totally different. Now, maybe he was just goofing off, playing a role to hype his guest as a sexpot. I would hope there were other issues, not just this incident that caused this ebay sale. This is like divorcing an actor for kissing his co-star in a movie.

maynerd

Banned
I guess his wife forgot that his radio personality is what pays for the lifestyle she lives in now. Maybe if she paid for some of the car she wouldn't have been so quick to put it on Ebay.

Jim Bowie

lol, it took a whole 5 minutes to sell

EDIT: Dskillz, it clearly stated that he kept doing this sort of thing over and over. He called up her sister and said that he imagined having sex with her while he and his wife were having sex. She was obviously sick of it, and he probably knew. BUT REGARDLESS, he pushed it anyway. I doubt the wife just sat there and took it until just now- he knew.

border

Superbitch + Asshole = Fireworks show

Funny, but he deserves it? C'mon now. =\ Not only was the flirting in a performance, but I doubt you'd really feel the same if your wife/husband liquidated $50,000 of your stuff over flirting.

Here's the girl he lost his car over (assuming that the sale is legal):

71017.jpg

jodie%20marsh%2018.jpg

BUTTERFACE TOTAL

belgurdo

Banned
maynerd said:
I guess his wife forgot that his radio personality is what pays for the lifestyle she lives in now. Maybe if she paid for some of the car she wouldn't have been so quick to put it on Ebay.

Yeah-in the end, who is going to be more owned: The DJ who is just out of a car for a couple of days, or the wife, who has pretty much just risked her meal ticket for a fleeting moment of revenge?

maynerd said:

Because, of course, a meal ticket is worth debasing yourself and facing public humiliation over. Sure.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
belgurdo said:
Yeah-in the end, who is going to be more owned: The DJ who is just out of a car for a couple of days, or the wife, who has pretty much just risked her meal ticket for a fleeting moment of revenge?

oh you mean the two kids she will take with her that will bleed him dry...

But really.. we don't know how their life has been up to this point...I am sure there was a lot more shit that happened in this marriage than him saying that

I predict he ends up with a life sentence in jail for strangling his ex-wife after she manages to get the house in the divorce proceedings. He's an asshole but goddamn... Just leave him and take your half of your collective belongings and get child support for the next x years, don't be this much of a bitch.

I guess he deserves it, he married her in the first place (there had to be signs).

Imagine if the opposite happened? (The guy sells the girl's car for flirting with the guy's brother). This thread would be a 180 of what it is now.

Shinobi

dskillzhtown said:
Wow, I didn't expect all the support for the wife.

I have to take the other side of it. When on the air, aren't DJs just playing a role? I know I did when I was on the air. There was an on-air persona and an off-air persona, which were totally different. Now, maybe he was just goofing off, playing a role to hype his guest as a sexpot. I would hope there were other issues, not just this incident that caused this ebay sale. This is like divorcing an actor for kissing his co-star in a movie.

Like the woman said, you don't EVER put your family out there for the sake of your act, unless the wife is okay with it. One radio host I listen to makes jokes about his wife a lot as well (not nearly as bad as this though), but I'm sure it's done with the understanding that it's all tongue in cheek. If you have that understanding, it's all good. If you don't and she's upset about it, and you STILL continue to PUBLICALLY embarass her, then you deserve what you get.

Fuck him I say...and good for her. *

owned-xavier.jpg

The Experiment said:
Imagine if the opposite happened? (The guy sells the girl's car for flirting with the guy's brother). This thread would be a 180 of what it is now.

In the reverse, I'd say good for him.

Hey, if you keep fucking up with the person you've promised to "honour and obey", and do so in a public fashion, you deserved to get owned. No excuses, no debate.

Too many people just put up with bullshit these days...I respect anyone who has the stones to say fuck that shit and do something about it.

* Of course if this all nothing but a stunt, then fuck her too. :lol

Woman needs to learn how to deal with her problems rationally, and not let her emotions take over. What a bitch, if this isn't a stunt.

Stryder

Oh but hang on, the dildo was purchased before the car was sold, maybe she was planning this. :lol

Special thunderstick dildo trading card
Ended: 16-Jun-05 00:05:14 BST

Lotus Esprit Turbo
Ended: 17-Jun-05 00:26:49 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom