• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pacific Rim: Uprising is being planned as a "launching pad" for a cinematic universe

The Kree

Banned
cFWQskG.jpg

and

giphy.gif

Got to hid those fads long and hard. The inevitable comic book movie collapse mirroring the physical book collapse in the 90's will be quite amusing.

Menitta

Damnit. I'm super excited for Pacific Rim Uprising but enough of this Cinematic Universe crap. Unless....they tie it with Godzilla.

Can they at least wait and make sure this movie doesn't pull a Transformers 5 and nosedives in China before announcing shit like this?

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Fuck. Half of me is instantly worried that they might try to flog this setting until everyone is thoroughly sick of it, Transformers style. The other half of me is jumping up and down shouting "Giant robots!".

If this could be the jumpstart for more giant robot media in general I'd be happy. Otherwise, eh.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
I'm not sure the article is saying a cinematic universe. Toys, games , movies, cartoons and books normally just means a franchise.

Breqesk

Y’know, I get the cinematic universe fatigue argument, but Pacific Rim’s genuinely one of my all time favourite films, so I’m here for this. Of course, they actually need to demonstrate that they can make a worthy successor without Del Toro first. I’m really, really hoping the fight scenes hold up without his direction.

I don’t mind faster, more agile, Gundam-style mecha at all... But making mecha look good alongside live action characters/locations is super fucking difficult, going by how thoroughly awful the Bay Transformers films have always looked, so I’m still kinda worried.

Sygma

Trailer looked as convincing for a cinema universe as the mummy, expecting this to be a brilliant installment

Universal is nearly as thirsty as sony, so this is there move forward since "dark universe" tanked? Whats next when this fails?

Yeah my hype keeps decreasing with this movie.

Although if this is successful enough I'd love for another where the Jaegers move more in line with the first movies. I'm not a fan of the newer, faster ones.

Top Bottom