• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop Users: I Need Your Expertise Please!

Karmic Raze

Hey guys (and girls),

I have run into a bit of a snag while using Corel Paint Shop Pro and Adobe Photoshop. I make banners around the size of 601 x 348 pixels. They are scaled at 100% and look fantastic while in the actual programs, but when I save them (as .png files) and upload them to the internet, they are upscaled to 120% and look pixelated and terrible in general compared to what I had made in Paint Shop Pro/Photoshop. Is there something I am missing here? I don't know why the images are upscaling when uploaded. Is there an option in either program to turn this off? I use Paint Shop Pro more often, so that would be what I need the info on more if you could oblige. I would REALLY appreciate your assistance in figuring out this problem.

Thank you so much for the help everyone. You are the best! :messenger_grinning:

Last edited:

PSYGN

Some kind of DPI mismatch?

Sounds like it. Off the top of my head:
  • Make sure DPI is set to 72.
  • Your browser may have zoomed in.
  • Your Windows might have set display scaling to a higher value.
  • Your application may have an incorrect UI scaling set.

Karmic Raze

Sounds like it. Off the top of my head:
  • Make sure DPI is set to 72.
  • Your browser may have zoomed in.
  • Your Windows might have set display scaling to a higher value.
  • Your application may have an incorrect UI scaling set.

I don’t know what most of that means. How would I go about checking my DPI level? How about the UI scaling set? I’m sorry for asking, but I am completely lost here.

Sevenfold

Right click - image size for DPI in PS. Not used PSP in decades.

CTRL-0 for browser reset.

Nvidia control panel or w/e your equivalent is for desktop scaling.

In program DPI is my bet.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
How big is the file size? If it's too big it might be getting resized by the back end of the web site.

What happens when you save it's as a JPG?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Hey guys (and girls),

I have run into a bit of a snag while using Corel Paint Shop Pro and Adobe Photoshop. I make banners around the size of 601 x 348 pixels. They are scaled at 100% and look fantastic while in the actual programs, but when I save them (as .png files) and upload them to the internet, they are upscaled to 120% and look pixelated and terrible in general compared to what I had made in Paint Shop Pro/Photoshop. Is there something I am missing here? I don't know why the images are upscaling when uploaded. Is there an option in either program to turn this off? I use Paint Shop Pro more often, so that would be what I need the info on more if you could oblige. I would REALLY appreciate your assistance in figuring out this problem.

Thank you so much for the help everyone. You are the best! :messenger_grinning:
Photoshop also has a "save for web" export function that automates most of that. Check it out.

Top Bottom