• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paintings in video games

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Phantom Ganon in Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Ocarina-of-Time-3DS-Phantom-Ganon-580x348.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
SaintZ said:
Oh, I don't remember this painting but was the one on the upper right a woman? LOL

Haha, yeah, you're right! Never noticed that before.

I'm guessing it's a joke since Nudge (the Pirate, that is) was rather effeminate.

Oh, and speaking of Wind Waker...

m3QPs.png

(stain glass window panes seem close enough...)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hahaha, KH3D will probably come out before Versus does. Wouldn't be surprised at all.
I wouldn't be surprised if that remake everyone wants would release before Versus...

Ghostbusters Vigo painting. Voiced by Max Von Sydow and had some hilarious lines.

"I see the evil of the times to come. They're all juicing. All of them!"

Neiteio

Genuine nightmare fuel.
Holy shit, are those ghost portraits some sort of lenticular thing you can buy??

Also, the most terrifying in-game portrait is from Amnesia, and it's not the one of the baron of the castle everyone always posts:

tumblr_lezwljMvD41qdlo2go1_500.jpg

EDIT: HOLY SHIT at that Versus shot! They incorporated actual Amano art in the game?? And housed it in some sort of techno-Death statue??

Perhaps I am interested in this game!

Holy shit, are those ghost portraits some sort of lenticular thing you can buy??

Also, the most terrifying in-game portrait is from Amnesia, and it's not the one of the baron of the castle everyone always posts:

tumblr_lezwljMvD41qdlo2go1_500.jpg

Oh man, screw that whole section of the game.

I can't find a decent picture but the painting of the Painted World of Ariamis gets my vote for being more than just a painting.

Paint

JVIDICAN

Dark Souls!
The castle in A.londo is full of paintings. Mostly just non-creepy standard royalty portraits, but still.. Paintings!
There's also the unmissable one in the same area. :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
? There's more story and depth behind this painting than 99% of the paintings posted in this thread, so don't "what" me.

Top Bottom