• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL/50hz optimized PS1 games?

Kazza

Count me as one who prefers the PAL boxes though. Jewel cases are a little too generic. I like the phat PAL PS1 boxes. The long Saturn boxes were even better though ;)

images

cireza

Count me as one who prefers the PAL boxes though. Jewel cases are a little too generic. I like the phat PAL PS1 boxes. The long Saturn boxes were even better though ;)

images
PAL Plastic Cases : best video-game boxes ever. You can even make your own covers, they fit on A4 paper.

Mystaria is one I actually remade for Plastic Case, I love this game.

Last edited:

Kazza

PAL Plastic Cases : best video-game boxes ever. You can even make your own covers, they fit on A4 paper.

Mystaria is one I actually remade for Plastic Case, I love this game.

I remember three types of PAL Saturn cases:
1. A mix of cardboard and plastic (the majority of games). I'm most nostalgic for these, but they did have a couple of problems - the cases wouldn't shut very securely and the disc had a tendency to come loose).
2. Thick VHS-style plastic boxes (the most ugly, although EA seems to have been the only publisher to use these)
3. A slim plastic box (these were the best imo, although of my games, only Resident Evil seemed to use this type)

We should probably take this conversation to the Saturn Appreciation Thread, so as not to derail this one ;)

Top Bottom