• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 13, 2014

spwolf

Because companies like Sony and MS say so.

why Sony and MS? Numbers are provided and "owned" by GfK not Sony or MS. Companies pay a lot of money for these numbers, they wont be provided for free. GfK alone has $2 billion revenues, and it is only 4th biggest in the world.

Majmun

Yup. Your not going to get these numbers for free. You can have access to all the numbers if your willing to pay the price.

I don't get why people would pay so much for the numbers.

Why would they need them?? THe prices are ridiculous. Even VGchartzzzzzzz is asking a premium price for their full numbers lol

Wynnebeck

Banned
why Sony and MS? Numbers are provided and "owned" by GfK not Sony or MS. Companies pay a lot of money for these numbers, they wont be provided for free. GfK alone has $2 billion revenues, and it is only 4th biggest in the world.

Er no, it's because tracking sales costs money and it's only worth doing if the data can be sold for a profit.

Er, I was hoping the sarcasm would have been noted, but never mind.

noobie

Banned
By all calculations XBO is ahead of PS4 in UK for this yr (2014) so far.

PS4(630 - 530) & XBO(500 - 364)
PS4 - 100k to XBO 136k

or

PS4(720 - 530) & XBO(600 - 364)
PS4 190k to XBO 236k

gtj1092

Don't expect that titanfall number to drop for awhile. I'm sure a majority of all xones sold are the tf bundle. Will have the kz bundle effect on its ranking each week.

Steroyd

That's much closer than I would have otherwise believed.

True, but on the flipside with the PS4 being out of stock, XBO having stock and Sony diverting supplies to other countries Jan and Feb were probably their best months to outsell the PS4 before Titanfall and try to gain momentum even if it was PR wise.

Just goes to show that THIRD PARTY releases won't make the January drop stick.

Vashetti

Banned
Don't expect that titanfall number to drop for awhile. I'm sure a majority of all xones sold are the tf bundle. Will have the kz bundle effect on its ranking each week.

I'm not so sure.

The 360 version of Titanfall will do gangbusters I think.

Road

I extrapolated them from 3rd week sales, which were supposed to be 100 units less than MGS. But if wotta's saying they're wrong it doesn't really matter

Your math isn't wrong, but rounding.

The differences are 15000 (14500~15499) and 3000 (2500~3499). (Let's not go into the percentages to keep it simpler.)

Lower bound (14500-3499) for week 1:

ISS: 57366
MGSVGZ: 42866
TF: 97906

Upper bound (15499-2500) for week 1:

ISS: 102655
MGSVGZ: 87155
TF: 199720

So, from the info available, week 1:

ISS: between 57k and 103k
MGSVGZ: between 43k and 87k
TF: between 98k and 200k

The 80k, 65k and 149k figures are merely the median.

(Again, this doesn't even consider the margin of error from the % rounding).

Daemul

We'll be old men before we ever get accurate sales numbers. I'm looking forward to the having the same discussions with you guys 60 years from now whilst we're sitting in our nursing homes.

Second Son's drop for the second week is less than Titanfall.

does the Titanfall Xbone bundle count as a Titanfall sale? If so, it's even more noticeable since the Infamous bundle sold out but the Titanfall bundles aren't even close to selling out.

We still have 80 in our storage unit and 4 on the shop floor that we've had since Titanfall launched. Infamous bundles sold out in 2 days.

Lacrus

does the Titanfall Xbone bundle count as a Titanfall sale? If so, it's even more noticeable since the Infamous bundle sold out but the Titanfall bundles aren't even close to selling out.

We still have 80 in our storage unit and 4 on the shop floor that we've had since Titanfall launched. Infamous bundles sold out in 2 days.

Pretty sure the TF bundles were added to the numbers.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!

Makes what more noticeable?

Probably beaten to hell and back but here are my calcs

Infamous first week is x, MGS first week is y

y=x-15000
(33x/100)=(36y/100)+3000

insert y in x

(33x/100)=(36(x-15000)/100)+3000 | *100
33x=36x-540000+300000
33x=36x-240000
3x=240000

Infamous Week 1 = 80000
MGS Week 1 = 65000

Infamous Week 2 = 26400
MGS Week 2 = 23400
Titanfall Week 3 = 23300

Titanfall Week 2 = 40172 (58x/100=23300)

Titanfall Week 1 = 148786 (27x/100=40172)

Titanfall LTD (3 weeks) = 212258
Infamous LTD (2 weeks)= 106400
MGS LTD (2 weeks) = 88400

But no first week number.
If XBO 500k Titanfall first week is <125k.
0ul2N7X.png

I don't see how both of these can be right.

You expected more then 26% lead in the other Xbox stronghold?

The UK has never been an Xbox stronghold. We're value oriented and the Wii, closely followed by the 360 offered the best value last gen with the PS4 offering the best value this gen.

3:2 -> 2.5:2

Seems reasonable, given Sony's stock constraints and MS's aggressive price reductions.

I guess, I still expected MS to be much further behind.

True, but on the flipside with the PS4 being out of stock, XBO having stock and Sony diverting supplies to other countries Jan and Feb were probably their best months to outsell the PS4 before Titanfall and try to gain momentum even if it was PR wise.

Just goes to show that THIRD PARTY releases won't make the January drop stick.

That's a very good point. I guess Sony are selling all stock as it ships whereas MS stock is basically languishing on shelves...

If you follow the tweet chain he says he is only guessing.

https://twitter.com/_wotta/status/450575112538832897

Sigh, why didn't he say this after the first tweet?

Huh Infamous seems to be doing okay. Hmm 67% seems a bit high considering 1st week sales maybe? I guess next week will tell us more

Titanfall holding well but not clear how much of that is the bundle effect

MGS also seems to be doing well for what it is

Intrigued by the ramifications to install base all this might have but it's clear that the numbers are anything but clear

Raist

Banned
Just noticed that Amazon UK eventually ran out of ACIV bundles.
Let's see how long it takes for the standalone SKU to drop below 1k.

MLB ( PS3 ) and Elder Scrolls Online ( PC )

Wait, MLB is getting a physical release this time?

Majmun

Holy shit. Just heard that there are Ps4 consoles available in the Media Markt (Netherlands). A friend of mine just texed me. The store received a lot of Infamous bundles.

I'm done with work in 20 minutes. Going to drive so fast to the store, people better stay at home if you want to survive this!!!

Vashetti

Banned
Heavy drops
Lesser purchases by consumers

We're a stingy lot with little money to spend on entertainment.

That's why all the big games do well and everything else either charts modestly or not at all.

We have to be careful on what games we buy because it could be shit and that's £40+ down the drain.

Majmun

Probably too late already :p

I'm going to rage

BUT...I just ordered one HERE as well. Just to be sure. And only for &#8364;370.

Sony seems to have send quite a lot of stock to Europe, it seems. That site was always sold out in the past. Now it has stock all of a sudden. The console should arrive within 3 days.

And I'm still going to buy the Infamous bundle today (if it isn't sold out) and sell the &#8364;370 Ps4 to a friend of mine.

KumaJG

I'm going to rage

BUT...I just ordered one HERE as well. Just to be sure. And only for €370.

Sony seems to have send quite a lot of stock to Europe, it seems. That site was always sold out in the past. Now it has stock all of a sudden. The console should arrive within 3 days.

And I'm still going to buy the Infamous bundle today (if it isn't sold out) and sell the €370 Ps4 to a friend of mine.

PS4 just restock Europe today

Top Bottom