• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 20, 2011

test_account

XP-39C²
nli10 said:
If you can also buy it separately then it counts. If it's ONLY bundle (Wii Sports 1 at launch) then it doesn't count.

Fuck knows what'll happen when Wii Sports 1 comes out in the classics range - do all those old sales magically appear? Does it auto platinum?
I assume that since it is a re-release that it will get a new "serial number/code"? If this is the case, then it shouldnt be any problem to track it seperately. But i have no idea how Chart Track does it though, if they combine re-releases and first releases as one (it is afterall the same game).

Rockstar/Take 2’s crime solving title ‘L.A. Noire’ (-43%) continues to dominate the chart this week, easily holding off Codemasters’ new entry, racing sequel, ‘Dirt 3’ which debuts at No2.

Dirt 3 shows an Xbox 360 heavy following with 67% of the share versus PS3’s 37% and despite outselling its predecessor it had to settle for second on the podium again. The release of Dirt 3 means that Disney’s ‘Lego Pirates of the Caribbean’ (-32%) sinks to No3 with 505 Games’ ‘Zumba Fitness’ (+19%) keeping up the pace holding No4. Bethesda’s FPS ‘Brink’ takes a hit, dropping 52% of sales this week, down to No5 whereas Nintendo’s ‘Wii Sports Resort’ sees a healthy increase in sales, up 145%, thanks to price promotions on the Wii hardware bundle. After the build-up to the Champions League final EA’s ‘FIFA 11’ also sees a rise in sales, up 50%, taking No7 followed by another chart topper seeing a resurgence, Activision Blizzard’s ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops’ (+39%), up to No8.

EA’s FPS ‘Crysis 2’ (-12%) drops back to No9 this week with Nintendo’s ‘Mario Kart Wii’ (+148%) hot on the heels at No10 thanks to the new Wii hardware bundle with the game included. There were no other new entries making the chart this week.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

Zumba fitness Kinect reentered the top 40 this week, Zumba fans.

m.i.s.

Banned
cw_sasuke said:
Handhelds are dyin.

Transitional phase for handhelds at the moment. But, yeah, the signs are not good.

3DS just launched (poorly). PS Vita to launch later this year. PSP software market was never relevant in a commercial sense.

It'll be an uphill struggle for Vita in the West though I think. You have to ask yourself, if even the mighty Nintendo handheld empire is struggling, what chance does an outsider have?

szaromir

Banned
M.I.S. said:
Transitional phase for handhelds at the moment. But, yeah, the signs are not good.

3DS just launched (poorly). PS Vita to launch later this year. PSP software market was never relevant in a commercial sense.

It'll be an uphill struggle for Vita in the West though I think. You have to ask yourself, if even the mighty Nintendo handheld empire is struggling, what chance does an outsider have?
Nintendo made everything to ensure everyone doesn't want a 3DS now. Maybe Sony won't botch their launch as much.

edit: 104% of Dirt 3 sales, lol

M.I.S. said:
Chart Track Week 21 are up.

LA Noire holds on to it's top spot. Mario Kart Wii and Wii Sports Resort re-enter Top 10. Only 3DS title to previously chart in it's own individual format listing (Lego Pirates) drops off from Top 40.

TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES), WEEK ENDING 28 May 2011

^^beaten by GH

Speculation - this last week or so, several 3DS titles have dropped to £19.99 (budget price?) and Monkey Ball to £14.99. Puzzle Bobble has only just come out but thats launching at £12.99. I'm betting that more sensible pricing for the poorer launch software has eaten into Pirates of the Carribean sales.

I think Zelda will chart, but I don't see it making top 20. The userbase just isn't there yet.

edit: for anyone interested the following are now £19.99

Ridge Racer 3D
Street Fighter IV
Nintendogs
Lego Star Wars
Pilotwings

Rayman 3D is a respectable £24.99, and as I say Monkey Ball is 14.99

Spiegel

radioheadrule83 said:
I think Zelda will chart, but I don't see it making top 20. The userbase just isn't there yet.

So you expect the game to bomb badly? Because nº20 will probably be selling between 5k and 10k

It should make into the top 3 easily. It's a remake of Zelda:OOT

m.i.s.

Banned
radioheadrule83 said:
Speculation - this last week or so, several 3DS titles have dropped to £19.99 (budget price?) and Monkey Ball to £14.99. Puzzle Bobble has only just come out but thats launching at £12.99. I'm betting that more sensible pricing for the poorer launch software has eaten into Pirates of the Carribean sales.

edit: for anyone interested the following are now £19.99

Ridge Racer 3D
Street Fighter IV
Nintendogs
Lego Star Wars
Pilotwings

Rayman 3D is a respectable £24.99, and as I say Monkey Ball is 14.99

Hardware also currently on special offers. Black 3DS is £160 currently at Game and Amazon UK, £157 at John Lewis. Both black and blue units are at £157 at Currys and Dixons website (online only but you can collect from store, P+P free for delivery to your address).

Spiegel said:
So you expect the game to bomb badly? Because nº20 will probably be selling between 5k and 10k

It should make into the top 3 easily. It's a remake of Zelda:OOT

I didn't know that. Do we have any current numbers for charting games outside of percentages? I mean, are we agreed that those figures would be historically accurate - #20 being between 5k and 10k?

I still don't expect it to hit top 3, I don't think the userbase is strong enough. I will be impressed if it does anyway. 1-4 in the current chart (this week) are extremely strong games on platforms with much bigger LTD sales. There are probably not even a million 3DS' in the UK yet, and you have to figure that some of the userbase isn't going to be interested in Zelda, and some are going to see it as a port of a game that they've already played and perhaps bought multiple times over the years. Although the game has been refreshed and enhanced for 3DS, I still think the various compilation discs and VC releases may have helped to hinder its potential. I hope I'm wrong though, it looks great.

The price drops we've seen in both software and hardware (thanks for that post MIS) are very necessary I think. They overestimated their ability to sell at £200+.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
radioheadrule83 said:
I didn't know that. Do we have any current numbers for charting games outside of percentages? I mean, are we agreed that those figures would be historically accurate - #20 being between 5k and 10k?

You can work out the maximum number of sales for some games from Zumba, using it's percentage drops and March sales.

Postition 20 in the charts will be below 5k. It only takes about 2k sales to get into the top 40.

Top Bottom