• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 20, 2016

notaskwid

That's a random comparison :|

Did you at least buy the USA version? Because the game is good... like real good and it would be a pitty to pass on it just because of some delay regarding other versions.

If they cared they wouldn't have so much disparity between the releases and/or a region blocked console.

I thought UC4 had taken the cake but DOOM is still being advertised, the game got a serious push to say the least. I'm hearing the games great so good on 'em, need to give it a go for sure.

Hasney

Yeah to do destiny numbers it would needed to have had a PR machine working, you only do destiny numbers with the mainstream audience, i don't see that for Overwatch here in the UK.

Destiny was plastered everywhere, it was at every show, it was highly tied to playstation, Overwatch has had good WOM from a beta and thats it i dont think that translates to the mainstream.

I think it'll do Doom/Wolfenstein week one numbers.

Yeah, Doom/Wolfenstrein level seem about right, maybe a bit more.

Good point about the advertising, totally forgot Destiny even had TV ads. That said, I still think it'll beat out Doom and Wolfie and bring in a 6 figure return, even if it's only just.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
VCR > 1/2 of FE Fates, hah fuck you nintendo, serves you right.

After all these months I honestly couldn't even give less of a shit about the game anymore, and I even quite enjoyed awakening.

What a sad post.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Good point about the advertising, totally forgot Destiny even had TV ads. That said, I still think it'll beat out Doom and Wolfie and bring in a 6 figure return, even if it's only just.

yeah i think it will easy outsell Doom and The new order, like i said i expect over 100k, maybe even 120-150k.

Nice to see Us performing so strongly still, it's a hell of a game.

Speaking of, Doom getting such a small drop of its positive WOM is just ace, and hopefully such a warm reception for it's old school sensibilities gets taken notice of by other publishers and developers.

I'm definitely in two minds about FE:F's. Playing it all weekend, it's still top notch, and really deserved better sales on quality alone, but it's a clear step down from Awakening, and there's so much bollocks surrounding it, the ridiculous and unnecessary delay, lack of dual audio, keeping the lacklustre American localisation, and utter balls up surrounding the LE, that I can't say I'm shocked at the lack of hype surrounding the European launch and general indifference to it in the UK.

It is a shame there was such a gap between the NA and the EU FE release. When there is a staggered release, I can understand how people end up going, eh, I waited this long, I can wait longer. It's nice to see Birthright getting some love, though I suppose it was well advertised as a good choice for newcomers. OUGI!

Orgen

Why would he? It's region locked.

Maybe he has a US 3DS? or homebrew? :|

If they cared they wouldn't have so much disparity between the releases and/or a region blocked console.

This has nothing to do with the quality of the game. I know that having a region locked console sucks and having to wait months to play a game also sucks but when the game is good it deserves to be played (imported or not). And we are talking about a 3 months delay with North America when some times it's been years... but whatever.

It's surprising to me to see the Special Edition for UC4 being higher then the regular edition on some of these charts.

And remember that some charts (like France) are value ranked.

Welfare

Bethesda’s ‘Doom’ remains at No2 for a second week and sales only decline -35% over the debut week, putting it close to the No1 in terms of units sold this week.

Excellent! Looks like it's getting very good word of mouth.

Bruno MB

FScg6.png

Spain:
April 2016 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS4 RATCHET & CLANK (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) ~ 20,000 / NEW
02 (NE) PS4 DARK SOULS III (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
03 (NE) 3DS MARIO & SONIC: RIO 2016 OLYMPIC GAMES (NINTENDO)
04 (05) PS4 FIFA 16 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
05 (04) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
06 (NE) PS4 DARK SOULS III - APOCALYPSE EDITION (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
07 (NE) PS4 DIRT RALLY - LEGEND EDITION (CODEMASTERS)
08 (06) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
09 (NE) 3DS YO-KAI WATCH (NINTENDO) ~ 6,000 / NEW
10 (02) PS4 FAR CRY PRIMAL (UBISOFT)

Note: I suppose that April sales are from April 4th to April 30th (Weeks 14 - 17)

Ryng_tolu

Banned
FScg6.png

Spain:
April 2016 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS4 RATCHET & CLANK (SONY COMPUTER ENT.) ~ 20,000 / NEW
02 (NE) PS4 DARK SOULS III (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
03 (NE) 3DS MARIO & SONIC: RIO 2016 OLYMPIC GAMES (NINTENDO)
04 (05) PS4 FIFA 16 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
05 (04) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS III (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
06 (NE) PS4 DARK SOULS III - APOCALYPSE EDITION (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT)
07 (NE) PS4 DIRT RALLY - LEGEND EDITION (CODEMASTERS)
08 (06) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
09 (NE) 3DS YO-KAI WATCH (NINTENDO) ~ 6,000 / NEW
10 (02) PS4 FAR CRY PRIMAL (UBISOFT)

Note: I suppose that April sales are from April 4th to April 30th (Weeks 14 - 17)

So, considering YouKay Watch in 2 weeks of May is already ~8,000, is safe to say will chart even next month. Amazing.

Moonstone

So...what's going on with the German charts lately?

Seem to be gone. gamesmarkt switched to the gfk public pr statements it seems, which are top 3 (sometimes top 5) per plattform. Boring.

gamefront.de said:
PS4
1. ( 1 ) Uncharted 4 (Sony)
2. (NEU) Homefront: The Revolution (Deep Silver)
3. ( 2 ) Doom (Bethesda)

Xbox One
1. (NEU) Homefront: The Revolution - Day One Edition (Deep Silver)
2. ( 1 ) Doom (Bethesda)
3. ( 2 ) Quantum Break (Microsoft)

PS3
1. ( 1 ) UEFA Euro 2016 (Konami)
2. ( 2 ) Minecraft (Sony)
3. ( 3 ) Battlefield 4 (EA)

Xbox 360
1. ( - ) Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
2. ( 1 ) Minecraft (Microsoft)
3. ( 2 ) FIFA 15 (EA)

There is also PC - but those charts don't matter at all I guess.

Bruno MB

The Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and Fire Emblem Fates sales figures include all SKU's.

Doom (PS4) dropped 5 places to No9 with around 2.000 - 2.500 units for a total of 7.000 - 8.000 units.

Yo-kai Watch seems unstoppable.

Guymelef

The Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and Fire Emblem Fates sales figures include all SKU's.

Doom (PS4) dropped 5 places to No9 with around 2.000 - 2.500 units for a total of 7.000 - 8.000 units.

Yo-kai Watch seems unstoppable.

Now It's the perfect time for Yo-Kai in Spain, a good present on Spanish "comuniones".

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Yokay Watch is a monster. :p

Fire Emblem in Spain did way better than in UK (In term of marketshare), i'm curius about France!!!

EDIT: Btw, last week Yokay was at >15,000 unit lifetime ( i know ">" mean "more", but i doubt it also mean 17/18k ), and if it sold 4,000/4,500 this week, how are LT sales at >23,000 unit?

Looks like this time this guy have combined all SKUs for all games, so i suppose this time he combined some others Yokay Watch SKUs... this, or the old numbers were adjusted up.

I hope Doom beats it. Doom deserves better sales than what it got. Bethesda screwed up the marketing so hard for that game, focusing on the boring tacked on multiplayer instead of the best shooter campaign in the last ten years.

IvanJ

Banned
My guess is that Uncharted stays ahead of Doom at #2, Overwatch of course #1. Maybe even CoD above Doom at 3-4.
Also, expect FIFA to start rising in the charts soon, maybe next week already. Wouldn't be surprising if it took a couple of top spots in June.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
There's always last week's French "charts" :p (and later Italy).

True. At least we will see how did Fates in some others European countries. :D

Looks like it did REALLY strong in France anyway! Limited Edition was above DOOM, the others 2 in TOP 5, maybe all version combined outsold Uncharted 4?

In Italy not that good though... :-/

P.S

Well since no one posted it:

FRANCE WEEK 20

1) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)
2) Fire Emblem Fates : Edition Limitée (3DS)
3) DOOM (PS4)
4) Fire Emblem Fates : Héritage (3DS)
5) Fire Emblem Fates : Conquête (3DS)

ITALY WEEK 20

Top 10 console
01. Uncharted 4: Fine di un Ladro Special Edition (PS4, Sony)
02. Uncharted 4: Fine di un Ladro (PS4, Sony)
03. FIFA 16 (PS4, EA)
04. DOOM (PS4, Bethesda)
05. Homefront: The Revolution (PS4, Deep Silver)
06. Fire Emblem Fates Limited (3DS, Nintendo)
07. Yo-Kai Watch (3DS, Nintendo)
08. Minecraft (PS4, Sony)
09. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Rockstar)
10. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (PS4, Activision)

Top 10 PC
01. DOOM (Bethesda)
02. The Sims 4 (EA)
03. Homefront: The Revolution (Deep Silver)
04. Football Manager 2016 Limited Edition (SEGA)
05. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
06. The Sims 4 Limited (EA)
07. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Essentials (Bandai Namco)
08. Dark Souls III (Bandai Namco)
09. FIFA 16 (EA)
10. Need for Speed (EA)

Orgen

True. At least we will see how did Fates in some others European countries. :D

Looks like it did REALLY strong in France anyway! Limited Edition was above DOOM, the others 2 in TOP 5, maybe all version combined outsold Uncharted 4?

In Italy not that good though... :-/

P.S

Well since no one posted it:

FRANCE WEEK 20

1) Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)
2) Fire Emblem Fates : Edition Limitée (3DS)
3) DOOM (PS4)
4) Fire Emblem Fates : Héritage (3DS)
5) Fire Emblem Fates : Conquête (3DS)

ITALY WEEK 20

Top 10 console
01. Uncharted 4: Fine di un Ladro Special Edition (PS4, Sony)
02. Uncharted 4: Fine di un Ladro (PS4, Sony)
03. FIFA 16 (PS4, EA)
04. DOOM (PS4, Bethesda)
05. Homefront: The Revolution (PS4, Deep Silver)
06. Fire Emblem Fates Limited (3DS, Nintendo)
07. Yo-Kai Watch (3DS, Nintendo)
08. Minecraft (PS4, Sony)
09. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Rockstar)
10. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (PS4, Activision)

Top 10 PC
01. DOOM (Bethesda)
02. The Sims 4 (EA)
03. Homefront: The Revolution (Deep Silver)
04. Football Manager 2016 Limited Edition (SEGA)
05. Grand Theft Auto V (Rockstar)
06. The Sims 4 Limited (EA)
07. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Essentials (Bandai Namco)
08. Dark Souls III (Bandai Namco)
09. FIFA 16 (EA)
10. Need for Speed (EA)

French chart is value ranked, not units. And the limited edition has a 79,90€ official price so it's normal being so high.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
French chart is value ranked, not units. And the limited edition has a 79,90€ official price so it's normal being so high.

Lol, Uncharted 4 and DOOM are both 70€ or 60€ at best, it's not like there is a big difference.

Not to mention the others 2 SKUs of Fates are 45€...

Lol, Uncharted 4 and DOOM are both 70€ or 60€ at best, it's not like there is a big difference.

45€? damn

Seems the special edition makes up a bigger share of sales relative to US/Japan...not sure what to read into that.

Bruno MB

Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition was the best selling SKU in all PAL markets we have data for: France, Italy, Switzerland, Australia and New Zealand.

UK is the exception because it is only available at some selected GAME stores and Nintendo.co.uk. That's why it wasn't tracked by Chart-Track.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
45€? damn

Seems the special edition makes up a bigger share of sales relative to US/Japan...not sure what to read into that.

It's probabily not good.

Probabily that after that amazing USA opening i overestimated how Europe would receive this game...

Maybe this should have be expect too, since it was 3 months late compared to USA. meh, with 300K first week in USA i was expect something like 200K for Europe, though at this point with those UK / Spain sales of < 20K combined at retail, it's most likely even under 150K. (unless digital sales in Europe were surprised way bigger than USA / JP... ).

I hope to hear official Nintendo numbers from France soon.

And well, let's wait the next weeks for see if has legs... It should still sell great in Europe too, just not as good as it did in Japan and USA.

It's probabily not good.

Probabily that after that amazing USA opening i overestimated how Europe would receive this game...

Maybe this would be expect too, since it was 3 months late compared to USA. meh, with 300K first week in USA i was expect something like 200K for Europe, though at this point with those UK / Spain sales of < 20K combined at retail, it's most likely even under 150K. (unless digital sales in Europe were surprised way bigger than USA / JP... ).

I hope to hear official Nintendo numbers from France soon.

And well, let's wait the next weeks for see if has legs... It should still sell great in Europe too, just not as good as it did in Japan and USA.
The series has always performed better in the US, why would you expect otherwise now :p

(but the legs should be more comparable to US than to Japan [aka nonexistent])

Ryng_tolu

Banned
The series has always performed better in the US, why would you expect otherwise now :p

(but the legs should be more comparable to US than to Japan [aka nonexistent])

Indeed i predicted less sales from Europe, as you saw :p just i'm surprised it's most likely even less than half of USA sales.

Legs in Europe will be great, no doubt about this imo.

Orgen

Uncharted is 59,90€ (official), is having its second week and is still number one so that doesn't mean the limited edition made exceptional numbers.

Anyway until Nintendo releases official numbers I'd say that these are solid sales in France but as everybody said they seem to be quite below US sales

Bruno MB

Seem to be gone. gamesmarkt switched to the gfk public pr statements it seems, which are top 3 (sometimes top 5) per plattform. Boring.

There is also PC - but those charts don't matter at all I guess.

So another casualty? at the beginning of the year we also lost all Nordic charts.

Nowadays we only have 6 publicly available weekly charts: UK, France, Italy, Switzerland, Australia and New Zealand.

Belgium chart is updated very occasionally and now for Germany we will only have a paltry top 3 by platform that doesn't even include every system (no 3DS)

Bruno MB

Based on our Uncharted 4 estimates Overwatch has debuted selling between 56,000 and 74,000 units.

PS4 (47%)
XBO (36%)
PC (18%)

Saty

Launched on Tuesday across PS4, Xbox One and PC ‘Overwatch’ shoots straight in at No1.

It is the fastest selling Blizzard title on console with 47% of launch week sales on PS4, 36% on Xbox One and 18% on PC. ‘Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End’ ( -37%) makes way, dropping to No2, but managing to stay ahead of ‘Doom’ (-41%) which also falls one place, down to No3. ‘Homefront: The Revolution’ (-41%) slips from No3 to No4 in its second week of release. Only ¼ of the Top 40 lose sales this week as Half Term bundling and promotions give older titles a boost.

At No5, sales of ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops 3’ are up 26% while ‘Ratchet & Clank’ (+114%) bounds back in to the Top 10 thanks to retailer hardware bundling, up from No12 to No6. Previous No1s ‘FIFA 16’ and ‘Tom Clancy’s The Division’ are not left out of the promotions with EA’s blockbuster up 3 places to No7 on the back of a 91% sales increase, while Ubisoft’s ‘The Division’ falls one place to No8 despite a 42% sales jump. ‘Total War: Warhammer’ debuts at No9 ahead of ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ which slides 2 places to No10 despite a 49% sales increase. The only other new title to break in to the Top 40 this week is Activision Blizzard’s ‘TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan’, new at No18.
/

Top Bottom