• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 3, 2015

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
yW8JH.png

Germany:
Week 3, 2015 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (01) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
02 (02) PS4 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
03 (03) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
04 (05) PS3 MINECRAFT - PLAYSTATION 3 EDITION (AK TRONIC)
05 (04) PS4 FAR CRY 4 - LIMITED EDITION (UBISOFT)
06 (12) PS3 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
07 (07) 3DS POKÉMON: OMEGA RUBIN (NINTENDO)
08 (09) 3DS POKÉMON: ALPHA SAPHIR (NINTENDO
09 (08) WIU SUPER SMASH BROS. FOR WII U (NINTENDO)
10 (06) WIU CAPTAIN TOAD: TREASURE TRACKER (NINTENDO)
11 (10) 3DS SUPER SMASH BROS. FOR NINTENDO 3DS (NINTENDO)
12 (11) PS4 ASSASSIN’S CREED: UNITY (UBISOFT)
13 (14) 3DS TOMODACHI LIFE (NINTENDO)
14 (15) PC LANDWIRTSCHAFTS-SIMULATOR 15 (ASTRAGON)
15 (22) PS4 MITTELERDE: MORDORS SCHATTEN (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
16 (17) PS4 DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
17 (27) PS3 FAR CRY 4 - LIMITED EDITION (UBISOFT)
18 (19) PC DIE SIMS 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
19 (24) PS3 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
20 (13) PS4 THE CREW (UBISOFT)
21 (18) PS4 MINECRAFT - PS4 EDITION (AK TRONIC)
22 (16) PS3 CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
23 (21) XBO GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
24 (23) PS4 DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
25 (26) 360 MINECRAFT - XBOX 360 EDITION (AK TRONIC)
26 (25) PS4 NBA 2K15 (TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE)
27 (20) WII JUST DANCE 2015 (UBISOFT)
28 (__) XBO MITTELERDE: MORDORS SCHATTEN (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
29 (34) PS4 DIABLO III - REAPER OF SOULS (ULTIMATE EVIL EDITION) (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
30 (50) XBO HALO - THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION (DIVERSE DISTRIBUTOREN)
31 (29) PC WORLD OF WARCRAFT: WARLORDS OF DRAENOR (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
32 (45) PC FAR CRY 4 - LIMITED EDITION (UBISOFT)
33 (33) PS3 ASSASSIN’S CREED: ROGUE (UBISOFT)
34 (28) PS3 GRAN TURISMO 6 (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
35 (39) PS4 BATTLEFIELD 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
36 (38) 360 FIFA 15 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
37 (37) XBO FAR CRY 4 - LIMITED EDITION (UBISOFT)
38 (31) 3DS MARIO KART 7 (NINTENDO)
39 (44) XBO FORZA HORIZON 2 - DAY ONE EDITION (DIVERSE DISTRIBUTOREN)
40 (69) PS3 MITTELERDE: MORDORS SCHATTEN (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE)
41 (40) WIU MARIO KART 8 (NINTENDO)
42 (47) PC DRAGON AGE: INQUISITION (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
43 (32) WIU SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD (NINTENDO)
44 (35) PS4 LITTLEBIGPLANET 3 (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
45 (41) XBO CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
46 (__) WII MARIO KART WII INKL. LENKRAD (NINTENDO)
47 (43) PC THE ELDER SCROLLS V - SKYRIM (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
48 (30) 3DS ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW LEAF (NINTENDO)
49 (55) PS4 THE LAST OF US (REMASTERED) (SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT)
50 (65) 360 FAR CRY 4 - LIMITED EDITION (UBISOFT)

Top 50

PS4 - 15
PS3 - 8
3DS - 6
PC - 6
XBO - 6
WIU - 4
360 - 3
WII - 2

Captain Toad still in top 10 in Germany, woo-hoo!!!
And both Smash Bros. doing amazing, it seems. Heck, the past few weeks the Wii U version sold better than the 3DS one. Could this be a sign of (relatively) better times for the console in Germany right now?

So that's ~300k sold in 2014.
Really surprised it did that well TBH.
Well, I guess, someone has to be buying them outside the US unless there's an ET like landfill somewhere. I think bish had sources indicating that sell-through through 2014 was over 10M and the US+UK only account for about 7-something.

Also, puts the kibosh on this weird perpetuated myth that the Wii U is somehow outselling the XBO in terms of current rate on a global basis that pops up in NPD threads every so often.

Welfare

Well, I guess, someone has to be buying them outside the US unless there's an ET like landfill somewhere. I think bish had sources indicating that sell-through through 2014 was over 10M and the US+UK only account for about 7-something.

Also, puts the kibosh on this weird perpetuated myth that the Wii U is somehow outselling the XBO in terms of current rate on a global basis that pops up in NPD threads every so often.

Bish posted his sources said 8.3m-8.5m in early December.

Oh, and look, the Xbox One actually was selling units in a country not named US or UK. How shocking.

2014 best-selling games in France

01. FIFA 15 (1.265 million)
02. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
03. Grand Theft Auto V
04. Watch Dogs
05. FIFA 14
06. Minecraft
07. Tomodachi Life
08. Super Smash Bros.
09. Call of Duty: Ghosts
10. Assassin's Creed Unity

By SKU:

01. FIFA 15 (PS3)
02. FIFA 15 (PS4)
03. Tomodachi Life (3DS)
04. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4)
05. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS3)
06. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (3DS)
07. Just Dance 2015 (Wii)
08. Assassin's Creed Unity (PS4)
09. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
10. Minecraft (PS3)

As usual, don't make a thread with that. The SELL will publish a full report at february 10.

Mpl90

03. Grand Theft Auto V
04. Watch Dogs
05. FIFA 14
06. Minecraft
07. Tomodachi Life
08. Super Smash Bros.

By SKU:

01. FIFA 15 (PS4)
02. FIFA 15 (PS3)
03. Tomodachi Life (3DS)
10. Minecraft (PS3)

As usual, don't make a thread with that. The SELL will publish a full report at february 10.

Tomodachi Life selling better than any SKU of Call of Duty? Damn.

noobie

Banned

03. Grand Theft Auto V
04. Watch Dogs
05. FIFA 14
06. Minecraft
07. Tomodachi Life
08. Super Smash Bros.

By SKU:

01. FIFA 15 (PS4)
02. FIFA 15 (PS3)
03. Tomodachi Life (3DS)
10. Minecraft (PS3)

So PS4 has essentially replaced PS3 as the software power house

# of Nintendo titles in top 10 by country:

France: 3 (2 3DS, 1 Wii)
Germany: 1 (1 3DS)
UK: 0, these guys suck

US: 4 (3 3DS, 1 Wii U)*
Japan: 10 (LOL)

*granted, 2 of the 3 3DS titles are both versions of Pokemon, but still, they actually made it here to begin with

what's supposed to be in the SELL report anyway?

GT6 on PS3 was such a screw up, I understand the reasoning but what a backfire that was. GT6 was just a misfire though, no doubt in my mind GT7 is going to do really well. The only game I will ever pay full price for.

Alo0oy

Banned
Iirc Kaz confirmed that the first PS4 GT will be a numbered entry so GT7. No prologue.

This is polyphony we're talking about, they're very talented but also slow as hell, they're gonna release a prologue to cover the game's budget & hype people up for the full title.

GT6 on PS3 was such a screw up, I understand the reasoning but what a backfire that was. GT6 was just a misfire though, no doubt in my mind GT7 is going to do really well. The only game I will ever pay full price for.

People keep saying that but I think it was a smart move, its been charting on Germany for the entire year, & probably the rest of Europe as well if their chart was larger, it's gonna continue to sell until GT7 releases like every typical GT, it's gonna go exactly like GT5 where the game sold badly in the US & people just assumed that it bombed before polyphony revealed that it sold 10+ million.

EGOMON

GT6 should have been a PS4 launch game. Even if it was just a port it would have been a system seller.
Yup i would loved to play GT6 on PS4 at luanch even it was just an up-port heck PD was pushing 1440x1080@60 on a 8 years old hardware with 512MB RAM!! GT6 on PS4 would accomplish that easily and could hold us until the main dish that is GT7

GT1-5 yes but doubt GT6 will be that high, would love to see a comparison between GT6 and DC.

i too doubt GT6 broke 8+ millions my guess is 5 millions and that nothing to sneeze at giving the really bad timing of the release

GT6 should have been a PS4 launch game. Even if it was just a port it would have been a system seller.

I don't think there's any dimension where it would have been ready as a PS4 launch title. A port would have done the series a disservice, it needs a version built from the ground up for the PS4.

EGOMON

This is polyphony we're talking about, they're very talented but also slow as hell, they're gonna release a prologue to cover the game's budget & hype people up for the full title.

No prologue for GT7 Kaz already confirmed that
Yamauchi also said Polyphony will go straight into development on the full game rather than working on a taster, as has been the case with recent iterations. "I don't think it'll be a Prologue," he said, confirming that the full Gran Turismo 7 was next on Polyphony's plate

Also he development started right after GT6 release so late 2013, and when asked about release date "We are working on the title," said Yamauchi. "I don't think it'll make this year!" so if he is not sure if he could make a 2014 then they already far ahead in the development thats why i think we are going to see GT7 at E3 and release it in the holiday

EGOMON

GT games have long legs, even if its at 5-6 million right now, it can still hit 10 million, hell even GT4 is still selling.

I agree GT5 passed the 10 millions mark in 2013, 3 years after its original release and that not counting the 5M sold by its prologue

gtj1092

Bish posted his sources said 8.3m-8.5m in early December.

Oh, and look, the Xbox One actually was selling units in a country not named US or UK. How shocking.

I doubt anyone thinks it sells zero units. Heck it still sells in Japan technically but even at 300K this year that is still only 25K a month.

GT6 already selling 5 million+ is a huge assumption to make. I really doubt it's hit that mark. Why do you figure that it's hit that mark by now? If it was really selling that well it would be higher on sales charts and Polyphony would of put up its numbers on their site.

People keep saying that but I think it was a smart move, its been charting on Germany for the entire year, & probably the rest of Europe as well if their chart was larger, it's gonna continue to sell until GT7 releases like every typical GT, it's gonna go exactly like GT5 where the game sold badly in the US & people just assumed that it bombed before polyphony revealed that it sold 10+ million.

PD haven't updated their website in almost 2 years, it should tell you enough. GT6 as a launch title on PS4 would have done stupid numbers, I'm a big fan of Sucker Punch so got s PS4 for Second Son but the meat and bones for getting a PS console is always GT. I hope PD have the game ready for March 2016 but we shall see, I like how GT6 was announced and released in such a short timeframe so holding out for hope that happens again.

EGOMON

GT6 already selling 5 million+ is a huge assumption to make. I really doubt it's hit that mark. Why do you figure that it's hit that mark by now?

The game keeps charting in UK/EU charts maybe not in the high ends but it is there also from experience GT series has long legs as i said GT5 crossed the 10M mark 3 years after release they are slow burner so 5M by GT standards for GT6 is possible

Alo0oy

Banned
GT6 already selling 5 million+ is a huge assumption to make. I really doubt it's hit that mark. Why do you figure that it's hit that mark by now? If it was really selling that well it would be higher on sales charts and Polyphony wouldn't of removed its figures from their site.

let's say it sold around 3 million at launch & one more million in its launch month (that is a VERY SAFE assumption considering the series' history), it's not hard to assume that it sold around 1-2 more million units in 2014, it probably will sell 3 more million units from now until GT7 launches.

Gran Turismo games have a history of having extremely long legs, judging how a game in the franchise did in its first year is stupid, go look at early GT5 threads when people assumed that it bombed.

The game keeps charting in UK/EU charts maybe not in the high ends but it is there also from experience GT series has long legs as i said GT5 crossed the 10M mark 3 years after release they are slow burner so 5M by GT standards for GT6 is possible

The game sold worse than Sunset Overdrive and LittleBigPlanet 3 in the UK in 2014. It even sold worse than Alien: Colonial Marines. I'm pretty sure no one would call those games massive sellers. Many of those lower chartings aren't really big numbers.

It sold 100k+ in Germany and that was probably one of its better countries (in terms of sales). I'm struggling to see where it sold well enough to hit 5 million. If it did sell that well, Polyphony would've given us an update by now.

let's say it sold around 3 million at launch & one more million in its launch month (that is a VERY SAFE assumption considering the series' history), it's not hard to assume that it sold around 1-2 more million units in 2014, it probably will sell 3 more million units from now until GT7 launches.

Gran Turismo games have a history of having extremely long legs, judging how a game in the franchise did in its first year is stupid, go look at early GT5 threads when people assumed that it bombed.

Where is it selling that well exactly? Just give me a breakdown(figures we know, charts, etc.). The series as a whole has sold very well and I don't doubt that GT7 will do around GT5 numbers, but there is nothing to suggest that GT6 will/has sold at the rate you've suggested other than blind faith and series history, which mean little under the circumstances it released in.

elelunicy

Did you just claim that it sold 4 million in its launch month?

It sold 200k+ in Germany and that was probably one of its better countries (in terms of sales). I'm struggling to see where it sold well enough to hit 5 million. If it did sell that well, Polyphony would've given us an update by now.

Did it?

EGOMON

The game sold worse than Sunset Overdrive and LittleBigPlanet 3 in the UK in 2014. It even sold worse than Alien: Colonial Marines. I'm pretty sure no one would call those games massive sellers. Many of those lower chartings aren't really big numbers.

It sold 200k+ in Germany and that was probably one of its better countries (in terms of sales). I'm struggling to see where it sold well enough to hit 5 million. If it did sell that well, Polyphony would've given us an update by now.

Where is it selling that well exactly? Just give me a breakdown(figures we know, charts, etc.). The series as a whole has sold very well and I don't doubt that GT7 will do around GT5 numbers, but there is nothing to suggest that GT6 will/has sold at the rate you've suggested other than blind faith and series history, which mean little under the circumstances it released in.
I don't know reading this on wikipedia doesn't seem that bad:
For the week of launch in Japan, after two days of sales, Gran Turismo 6 had 204,784 physical sales - the game in second place had 117,432 sales for the whole week.[52] These sales helped almost to double the sales of the PS3 console compared to the previous week.[53] Among the Famitsu 2013 Top 100, a listing of the top 100 Japanese retail software sales for the year of 2013 from data collected by Famitsu's parent company Enterbrain, the game ranked number 24, with 282,686 physical retail sales within Japan.[54] The game was the bestseller in France, Germany, Norway,[55] Finland[56] and New Zealand,[57] number 2 in Australia and Italy,[58] number 3 in the UK[59] Sweden[60] Denmark[61] and Greece,[62] and number 4 in Spain[63] and South Africa.[64] It was the 42nd highest selling game of 2013 across all formats in the UK, with it also being the biggest selling single-format racing title of the year.[65] The game fared less well in North America, just making the top ten.[66] The game was still in the top ten of the European PSN download sales chart at the end of February 2014,[67] and still in the top 20 in June.[68] The game remained in the European chart top ten at the end of December 2014,[69] and on 10th January 2015, some 13 months after release, the game was at 18 in the UK sales chart.[70]

Mpl90

Surprised to see Xbox One selling that much in France. Wii U is close...I wonder how things will go next year, though, between them.

Also, anyone who knows French, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the article states that

- Tomodachi Life is still selling right now, and it's over 450,000 copies sold currently
- amiibo continue selling, with over 20,000 figurines sold...last week?

Top Bottom