• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 49, 2013

Highest console exclusive (next gen only):

#4 Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4)
#30 Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
#38 Forza Motorsport 5 (XB1)

Looks like Play.com was right about the WiiU. It's already took down the XBone. Now it's only got
Knack
PS4 to beat!!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Since this is the new thread, here's how Bravely Default performed in UK

3DS Specific top 10 - 7th
Only Full Price All SKUs chart - 33rd
Classic All SKUs chart - almost in top 40 (MK7 is there, and BD was just behind it in the 3DS specific top 10)

As said in the other thread, this period of the year sees much, much, much higher sales overall, especially with all SKUs of titles for One and PS4 being in charts, so many that what's normal - exclusives higher in the Individual SKUs Chart than in the All SKUs one - is reversed. Then, for a niche title like Bravely, staying out of top 40 (even if seemingly barely) could still mean having a good debut for the kind of game it is. Titles like Tales of Graces f / Project x Zone / Tales of Xillia / Xenoblade would have charted much, much lower if released now, or maybe not chart at all. Moreover, UK seems to be the European country where JRPGs sell less usually compared to the rest of Europe (France the best one).

I repeat: I hope it sells retail + digital well enough to guarantee the sequel coming over here.

P.S. If you're interested in seeing how's Bravely doing in other European countries + a possible point of discussion about 3DS sales in Europe, with differences between countries, you could be interested in what I posted in the eShop Charts thread :)

3 doen't seem that impressive for GT6, but Gran Turismo games tend to linger around the top 20 for years. Wheras other games drop off after a while.

It still amazes me even weeks later that we have 2 new consoles that have already outsold the a year of WiiU. And that with supply constrained consoles, stuff like Knack in it's second week can outperform WiiU's shining hope this Xmas, which is all thanks to an already (100k+) higher userbase for the PS4. Kinda mad that the PS4 will have a userbase twice as big as the WiiU in the UK from a couple of weeks on sale.

I honestly thought Knack would have dropped like a rock this week, due to limited supplies of consoles/bundles/reviews not being kind and Mario would go up some after a full week of sales and perhaps word of mouth/adverts.

GT6 probably undersold a little to what I expected. I knew there was little hype for the title and next gen hype completely buried it. It didn't feel like a high profile release to me. In fact I've seen little and heard little of it and no ads personally. A cross-gen port of GT6 should have been on the cards, but I think the reason may have been time, obviously, but also Driveclub. Sony probably didn't anticipate it being delayed from launch.

Some serious drop off for Xbone games.

Surprised Bravely Default didn't chart after all the hype and build up. I cancelled my preorder for it after playing the demo (Not good), but was intending to get it when the price drops. The sooner that happens the better I guess, but still... shame.

Also, GT6 should have been a PS4 game. Releasing it post-gen was a mistake.

Code:
		W45	W46	W47	W48	W49
COD (PS4)	6	34	36	5	9
COD (XB1)		10	5	17	22

ACIV (PS4)			17	6	18
ACIV (XB1)			14	DNC	DNC

NFS (PS4)				11	28
NFS (XB1)			37	DNC	DNC

BF4 (PS4)				4	15
BF4 (XB1)			4	26	39

FIFA (PS4)			13	2	7
FIFA (XB1)			1	9	11

Lego (PS4)				24	DNC
Lego (XB1)			DNC	DNC	DNC

FM5				2	22	38
DR3				6	28	DNC
Ryse				10	35	DNC

KZ:SF					1	4
Knack					18	26
(PS4 launched in W48 and XB1 in W47)

Neither XB1 exclusives nor multiplatform titles apart from FIFA appear to be holding well.

Looks like a third week without Guardian splits. Miserable buggers.
I think it might be due to FIFA bundling being too revealing of XB1 hardware in past weeks. If the day one bundle is gone now, and zomg says it is, then maybe they'll start giving splits again.

Hasney

I'm quite shocked with Forza 5's nosedive. Especially being a flagship title.

It's been harder to get an XB1 than a PS4, not sure if MS has even done a resupply yet. It's not shocking in that regard.

I'm wondering how many of those COD 360/PS3 sales are as a result of people wanting the PS4/XB1 versions and failing to get hold of a console, so just jumping on the previous generation versions.

It still amazes me even weeks later that we have 2 new consoles that have already outsold the a year of WiiU. And that with supply constrained consoles, stuff like Knack in it's second week can outperform WiiU's shining hope this Xmas, which is all thanks to an already (100k+) higher userbase for the PS4. Kinda mad that the PS4 will have a userbase twice as big as the WiiU in the UK from a couple of weeks on sale.

I honestly thought Knack would have dropped like a rock this week, due to limited supplies of consoles/bundles/reviews not being kind and Mario would go up some after a full week of sales and perhaps word of mouth/adverts.

GT6 probably undersold a little to what I expected. I knew there was little hype for the title and next gen hype completely buried it. It didn't feel like a high profile release to me. In fact I've seen little and heard little of it and no ads personally. A cross-gen port of GT6 should have been on the cards, but I think the reason may have been time, obviously, but also Driveclub. Sony probably didn't anticipate it being delayed from launch.

An undertaker generally wont excavate a dead body because a few mourners say they can hear a heartbeat.

Anything Wii U related has no chance now. Retailers are giving up on it and are only giving the console lip service for the rest of the month so they can clear out the little stock they carry. Once its gone, the console is getting dropped like a hot potato.

This in turn is going to effect game sales, because there will be limited amounts of games ordered to sell. We are not far from stores ordering like 10 copies of the next big WiiU release, when they would order 100's of a PS4/X1/360/PS3 one.

There are some, that will simply not jump to digital and wont even order online. They will just buy something else in store.

The Wii U is dead. Nothing Nintendo can do will save it (in the UK) now. Nobody is going to wait to February to see if Donkey Kongs can help things. If Mario can't do decent numbers, there is no point bothering.

Hasney

Not here in Cheshire. We have stacks of Xbox Ones in most shops I visit.

No PS4 stock anywhere though.

Odd, Leeds is barren of both bar the occasional Argos PS4 stock refresh and Game hoarding their units to only sell in their massive bundles.

Your Argos's are apparently out of stock of XB1's though. I think I'll tell a mate to call some Cheshire stores, I think he's that desperate he'll make the drive if they have one.

Asd202

Some serious drop off for Xbone games.

Surprised Bravely Default didn't chart after all the hype and build up. I cancelled my preorder for it after playing the demo (Not good), but was intending to get it when the price drops. The sooner that happens the better I guess, but still... shame.

Also, GT6 should have been a PS4 game. Releasing it post-gen was a mistake.

What hype? It's just a handful of people wanting to play a good game I'm sure nobody thought that it would be a financial success and it seems Nintendo thought the same having low print for it kinda like NOA did with FE.

jvm

Gamasutra.
In case you missed the thread last week:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=729409

Here are the figures for last month/last year:

B0I6ePU.png

Blog post on Gamasutra about it.

I bring it up, because a post in the last thread by Raist suggested to me that some folks hadn't seen it. Sorry about that.

Looks like a third week without Guardian splits. Miserable buggers.

Surely not a coincidence that they stopped when the new gen started. So either the Guardian can't be arsed calculating so many, or the information is now much more commercially sensitive and valuable.

Mpl90

Again, from the other thread...something more general, this time

Week 49

Call of Duty: Ghosts (+2%) - 187,680
FIFA 14 (-15%) - 150,875
Battlefield 4 (-35%) - 86,782
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (-15%) - 69,827
53,000 < Gran Turismo 6 < 55,000

Hasney

Oh yeah, forgot to ask. Do the XB1 bundles come with digital or physical games? Physical bundles (like the PS4 ones) count on this chart, but the digital ones don't according to the last thread.

I think I'll tell a mate to call some Cheshire stores, I think he's that desperate he'll make the drive if they have one.

Forget Argos lol. Check gaming stores. I know three Games stores that literally have a pile of Xbox Ones.

I also have a friend at Blockbuster who hasn't sold a single Xbox One. So check some Blockbuster stores too.

Hammer24

Banned
Oh yeah, forgot to ask. Do the XB1 bundles come with digital or physical games? Physical bundles (like the PS4 ones) count on this chart, but the digital ones don't according to the last thread.

They come with a digital copy, but they are counted for some weird reason.

Mpl90

Poor Mpl90 :lol

Save me from the Smoky and his Champion!!! SAVE MEEEE!!!
And take a look at what I posted in the eShop thread: it could bring an interesting point of discussion, not just about Bravely :)

Forget Argos lol. Check gaming stores. I know three Games stores that literally have a pile of Xbox Ones.

I also have a friend at Blockbuster who hasn't sold a single Xbox One. So check some Blockbuster stores too.

Where are these stores in Cheshire? I have a mate who's local and is looking for an Xbox One.

So, in the top 40 we find:

7 PS4 titles
4 XBO titles.

PS4's:

04 (01) PS4 KILLZONE: SHADOW FALL (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
07 (02) PS4 FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
09 (05) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
15 (04) PS4 BATTLEFIELD 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
18 (06) PS4 ASSASSIN'S CREED IV: BLACK FLAG (UBISOFT)
26 (18) PS4 KNACK (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
28 (11) PS4 NEED FOR SPEED: RIVALS (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

XBO's:

11 (09) XBO FIFA 14 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
22 (17) XBO CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTS (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
38 (22) XBO FORZA MOTORSPORT 5 (MICROSOFT)
39 (26) XBO BATTLEFIELD 4 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

Thats pretty impressive.
I mean, you can see in the chart that the UK market was owned by Microsoft. Xbox360 versions of multiplattform games sell better than Ps3 versions.
Now that has changed with the new generation.

Glass Rebel

And take a look at what I posted in the eShop thread: it could bring an interesting point of discussion, not just about Bravely :)

Now, now. Let Smoky enjoy this week.

SmokyDave

Just sayin' dude, a bomb is a bomb. All you can do is shed a tear and move on.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

If it makes you feel better, I personally got the digital version

In all likelihood, so did millions of my brethren

it's a bomb :'(

Mpl90

Just sayin' dude, a bomb is a bomb. All you can do is shed a tear and move on.

Was Project X Zone a bomb? Was Graces f a bomb? Was Xillia a bomb? It's possible BD's debut could have been near how these games debuted, despite not charting, given the peculiar current period of the year. I'm just saying this, nothing else :)

F*ck you Guardian. I had to say it, sorry

Top Bottom