• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 50, 2007

Souldriver said:
For fuck sake people, this "Southern Europe" argument is just a cover for the whole pro/contra PS3 debate now?
Actually, I agree with spwolf's point, I just don't agree with marginalizing the many proud nations that make up Southern Europe but aren't necessarily as "tabloid-friendly". One might say I am a man with a large heart. I say, I'm just a man.

I guess James Armstrong could see some of the top chairs in SCEE at this rate....

Btw, today I found a big retailer ad in the mail (Hipercor). Interesting part comes when I find that on the front page (A3-size), and the only item on the page, is the 60GB PS3. 499€ for the 60GB PS3 (with same size comment that THE ONLY MODEL THAT PLAYS PLAYSTATION2 GAMES) plus 2 controllers and 2 games (Heavenly Sword and Motorstorm). These units were pretty much sold out so its surprising to see it on the front page of a big retailer ad on 21th December.

I didn't go to check to my local Hipercor though, although I'm tempted by the offer I guess Sony is slowly noticing a huuge amount of its target userbase wants all the features in their PS3 and that includes PS2 compatibility. I hope they also notice that they want to get 2 games and 1 extra controller for just 100€ more...

methane47

Jokeropia said:
Italy, Spain, Portugal = whole of southern Europe?
That really says more about the poor performance in the US than anything else.
Uh, the fact that lifetime sales of a seven year old system is higher than monthly sales of another system is not really remarkable. The massive difference in size between the UK and Italian markets IS worth noting however considering that their populations are pretty much equal.

Hey man... if that guy is allowed to make retarded apples and orange commentary on the state of video game sales.. so am I..

I'm just wondering... but are the posters who are arguing about the layout of Europe even from Europe?!? :lol Sales age has got in-depth this gen!

Yoboman said:
I think the rest of Sony needs to take a look at whatever the Hell Sony Italy is doing right

Being in the right place is what Sony Italy is doing. Exactly the same thing that Sony Spain is doing.

Also, what some people are calling southern europe is actually called differently, and its countries have similar economic structures. I dont want to get into that but let me say one thing about Spain.

We have ads on tv paid by the State that teach parents things like "Never leave your kid alone" ... while you can see an infant walking towards an electric plug

Kosma

Banned
Hey if the PS3 sold 50k in Italy alone in October, it must be doing pretty amazing across Europe in that month.

Jokeropia

methane47 said:
Hey man... if that guy is allowed to make retarded apples and orange commentary on the state of video game sales.. so am I..
Again, I think his comparison was valid as it highlighed the vast difference in market size between UK and Italy, despite their almost equal populations. Had the UK been a much bigger country than Italy then it would've been apples to oranges, but it isn't.

brassica

French Charts - Week 48

1.SUPER MARIO GALAXY (Nintendo) Wii (-)
2.Wii PLAY (Nintendo) Wii (+2)
3.MARIO & SONIC AUX JEUX OLYMPIQUES (Sega) Wii (+12)
4.ASSASSIN'S CREED (Ubisoft) PS3 (-2)
5.ZELDA: PHANTOM HOURGLASS (Nintendo) NDS (+2)
6.MY SIMS (Electronic Arts) NDS (+4)
7.PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 2008 (Konami) PS2 (-2)
8.NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. (Nintendo) NDS (+3)
9.NEED FOR SPEED: PRO STREET (Electronic Arts) PS2 (+3)
10.LES SIMS 2 : NAUFRAGES (Electronic Arts) NDS (+6)
11.POKEMON DIAMANT (Nintendo) NDS (+2)
12.RAYMAN CONTRE LES LAPINS ENCORE PLUS CRETINS (Ubisoft) Wii (-4)
13.NEED FOR SPEED: PRO STREET (Electronic Arts) PS3 (-10)
14.PROGRAMME D'ENTRAINEMENT CEREBRAL DU Dr. KAWASHIMA (Nintendo) NDS (+3)
15.LEA PASSION BEBES (Ubisoft) NDS (-1)
16.PROGRAMME D'ENTRAINEMENT CEREBRAL AVANCE (Nintendo) NDS (R)
17.LEA PASSION MODE (Ubisoft) NDS (R)
18.ASSASSIN'S CREED (Ubisoft) 360 (-12)
19.CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE (Activision) PS3 (-10)
20.MARIO KART DS (Nintendo) NDS (R)

Raist

Banned
There we go, full french charts for week 48

TW/LW

01/01. [WII] Super Mario Galaxy
02/04. [WII] Wii PLAY
03/15. [WII] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
04/02. [PS3] Assassin's Creed
05/07. [NDS] TLoZ : Phantom Hourglass
06/10. [NDS] My Sims
07/05. [PS2] PES 2008
08/11. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros
09/12. [PS2] Need for Speed : Pro Street
10/16. [NDS] The Sims 2 : Naufragés
11/13. [NDS] Pokemon Diamond
12/08. [WII] Rayman Raving Rabidds 2
13/03. [PS3] Need for Speed : Pro Street
14/17. [NDS] Brain Training
15/14. [NDS] Léa Passion bébés (Imagine Babies)
16/00. [NDS] More Brain Training
17/00. [NDS] Léa Passion Mode (Imagine Fashion Designer)
18/06. [360] Assassin's Creed
19/09. [PS3] CoD4 : Modern Warfare
20/00. [NDS] Mario Kart DS

NDS - 10
WII - 4
PS3 - 3
PS2 - 2
360 - 1

So basically, RE:UC bombed, SMG is #1 for the 3rd week in a row, and watch out for Mario and Sonic taking #1 spot next week.

Edit : beaten again. Damn you people. But once again, my charts look better than yours. :p

spwolf said:
yeah, Italian market is so tiny, that it sold 50k PS3's in October, when US market sold a bit more than 100k.

In 6 months the PS3 sold 197k, while almost every month the PS3 sells more then 100k in the US. Comparing the two countries is not a wise choice.

spwolf said:
Those are main countries of Southeren Europe, others include ex-yugoslavian republics, San Marino, Luxemburg and Vatican City, etc, most of which Sony is also probably doing better due to better presence, despite miniscule sales.

I am just saying that making fun of the market (Southeren Europe) that was bigger than Japanese and USA market for PS3 (and heck, Japanese for Wii as well in October) is total idiocy.

UK, the biggest European market barely moves any PS3 and you're here saying "Southern Europe" is a bigger market than the US? :lol

Weisheit

Those are main countries of Southeren Europe, others include ex-yugoslavian republics, San Marino, Luxemburg and Vatican City, etc, most of which Sony is also probably doing better due to better presence, despite miniscule sales.

I am just saying that making fun of the market (Southeren Europe) that was bigger than Japanese and USA market for PS3 (and heck, Japanese for Wii as well in October) is total idiocy.
I'm sure lots of Vatican City citizens are buying PS3s...:lol
Your stupidity is fucking mind numbing.

Top Bottom