• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Panzer Dragoon II Zwei: Remake launches in 2021

cireza

Please no. They messed up the last one and no doubt will cock this one up too
Yeah, it was a bit of a disappointment. Nothing meaningful was added, colors were over saturated, gameplay introduced some lag. I still think that the first stage is a very poor representation of the original.

Last edited:

Enjay

Banned
Really weird seeing sega let fans mess up their franchises but never did anything more sonic mania.
'cunt'
Re-read the entire conversation before engage.
Why are you calling for your mom?

Last edited:

Quasicat

Am I the only one who enjoyed the first remaster? I don't understand what people's beef with it was.
They did improve it over time with updates. Especially if you were a huge fan of the original and expected it to feel like it originally controlled. I didn’t mind it at launch, but it did get better over time.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who enjoyed the first remaster? I don't understand what people's beef with it was.
Graphically? The original game had a very drab atmosphere meant to empathize how bleak the setting was, something reinforced in the game's narrative and sorrowful sounding music.
The remake swapped this out for typical "HD remake" high color contrasts and bloom/lighting effects which arguably makes the game lose it's visual identity; the game now looks as bright and colorful as, say, a typical Sonic, which feels like it's utterly missing the appeal. (The remixed music also has this problem but at least the original soundtrack is available there.)

It also took several patches to be feature-complete and fix issues with some controls and mechanics, which isn't exactly good for the fans who bought on day 1.

Pejo

Damn, I thought we finally had some news.

I had a great time with it too. It didn't look like what people wanted it to look like I guess, but I just enjoyed getting to play the game again on a modern platform. Sadly, it's a level based rail shooter so there wasn't really much to discuss when it released. The people that wanted it bought it and beat it, that's it.

Newer games always need to have some hook to keep you playing for hours and hours on end and making people have hot takes on twitch and twitter, apparently.

Still hoping this eventually comes out. Zwei was my favorite of the series.

Erdrick

Zwei is one of the few Saturn games I still own and it was damn beautiful at the time. I didn't pay much attention to the first remaster but if the 2nd one ever comes out... I'd be up for giving it a shot. Provided it's done right, mind you.

Top Bottom