• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Panzer Dragoon Orta, PAL and X360: status

PantsuJo

Backward compatibility on 360 with the OG XBox was an awesome idea but one of the best games ever made for the system was unplayable, at least for PAL versions.

When you reached a certain mission (3? or mission 5?) the game stopped working, totally froze. It was impossible to continue.

I never heard of patches on 360 able to solve this problem but I don't see often threads about bg compatibilty for OG Xbox so I think is better to ask here.

So, GAF, I ask this to any of you have the (PAL) game and a 360 to try:

Is this bug resolved?

Thanks for your help.

Last time I played it (can't remember exactly when, but I don't think it was more than 6 months ago) the freeze was still present. It always happens during one of the cutscenes between stages 3 and 4.

HOWEVER

If you clock up more than 20 hours in-game playtime then all the bonus options (Pandora's Box) will open fully. This includes a level select, meaning you can play stages 4-10 without any freezes. It's not a perfect solution, since I'm pretty sure the game returns you to the stage select menu after you beat each stage, meaning you can't have a 'proper' continuous run. Still, it's a hell of a lot better than not being able to play them at all. You can also set your dragon evolution levels as you want.

As for clocking up the 20 hours, there's a bonus mission you can leave running for the entire time, since it automatically loops you back to the start if you don't hit enough targets in a single run or something.

Plus1Attack

Neo Member
I actually just recently picked that game up for my first playthrough maybe a few months ago now. Probably useless inforation since I live in NA, but I beat the entire game just fine with no noticeable performance issues. I didn't go through Iva's Story though.

Ferr986

I actually just recently picked that game up for my first playthrough maybe a few months ago now. Probably useless inforation since I live in NA, but I beat the entire game just fine with no noticeable performance issues. I didn't go through Iva's Story though.

Yeah the bug only happens with PAL copies.

It's nothing short of a disgrace that Microsoft have been aware of this problem and others like it for so long but have done absolutely nothing to fix it (not that I'd expect anything more from them).

Xbox backwards compatibility hasn't been changed since 2007. Either do the 20 hours playtime to get the levels unlocked or get a savefile and get it to your HDD using something like Xplorer360 or Xport360.

Top Bottom