• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paper Mario coming to 3DS [N-Conf]

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
If I am dreaming then I don't want the fuck to be woken. Let me dream bitches!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG

Allan Holdsworth said:
Yes! Paper Mario 3. Thought it was coming to Wii at some point.

Super-Paper-Mario.jpg

It did!

This is going to be paper mario 4!

itxaka

Defeatist
perfectchaos007 said:
Super-Paper-Mario.jpg

It did!

This is going to be paper mario 4!
That is Súper paper Mario, not paper Mario.

In other news:
FuckYes FuckYes FuckYes FuckYes FuckYes FuckYes FuckYes FuckYes FuckYes FuckYes

day 1, paper Mario is one of my favourite Gámes ever

Vinci

Danish
Did Nintendo grow in size spectacularly over the last couple of years? There's just an amazing amount of content being announced here.

FoneBone

Luigison said:
I've seen blurbs about 3DS game features like on MvDK 3DS: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398383 and AC 3DS: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21872393&postcount=20 Was there a similar blurb about Paper Mario 3DS features?
This is all that's in their factsheet:
Paper Mario™
• The unique art style of the Paper Mario series gives new definition to 3D when
coupled with the visual effects of the Nintendo 3DS system.

Doesn't tell you much of anything. It also says that there'll be a non-playable demo on the show floor.

Vinci said:
Did Nintendo grow in size spectacularly over the last couple of years? There's just an amazing amount of content being announced here.

No, this is just the rule of thumb for nintendo E3 presentations:

- mediocre at best, unless they are announcing a new console/handheld in which case it'll be orgasmic.

2004: DS was shown and it was an awesome confrence
2005: meh
2006: Wii was shown and it was an awesome confrence
2007: Meh
2008: low point
2009: had some notable announcements but dragged on badly
2010: legendary confrence with 3DS

probably has to do with the fact that the wii and ds losing some steam (not doing badly, but you know what I mean), so they are doing sort of a last hurrah for those systems while at the same time they need to build up as much hype as possible for their new handheld.

Could you guys please refrain from sullying this thread with pictures of the Super Paper Mario boxart? To even associate that turd of a game with the proper Paper Mario games is blasphemy.

Two things.
First. New paper Mario day one. Can't wait to see how it takes advantage of 3D
Second. Chain Chomp partner is awesome.:D

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Really burnt out on Mario RPG's, but it'll be interesting to see how they incorporate 3D into the game mechanics.

Finally, a 3rd Paper Mario game. Both previous games in the franchise have been amazing, so I can't wait to see what we get this time. Chain-Chomp party member is an amazing idea.

Doopliss

Harpuia said:
YES. And it's an actual RPG. DOUBLE YES. PAPER MARIO FINALLY RETURNS.
I'm happy that it's an RPG, but I'm more happy that it has actual mushroom kingdom characters in it and not just a bunch of geometric shapes thrown together.

Paper Mario!!!!!

It's an RPG again! And Partners are back! And it's not set in Flipside! And it looks amazing!

Best announcement of the show so far. (I'm just getting up to speed now, but it will be hard to top this.)

Cmagus

this now star fox why werent these in the conference you ended it early to let the press play it early man announcing this plus OOT and starfox would of been huge

farnham

Banned
TestOfTide said:
No, this is just the rule of thumb for nintendo E3 presentations:

- mediocre at best, unless they are announcing a new console/handheld in which case it'll be orgasmic.

2004: DS was shown and it was an awesome confrence
2005: meh
2006: Wii was shown and it was an awesome confrence
2007: Meh
2008: low point
2009: had some notable announcements but dragged on badly
2010: legendary confrence with 3DS

probably has to do with the fact that the wii and ds losing some steam (not doing badly, but you know what I mean), so they are doing sort of a last hurrah for those systems while at the same time they need to build up as much hype as possible for their new handheld.

i love how 2007 is meh when it had wii fit, mario kart wii, brawl, galaxy and prime 3

Vhalyar

Seems like everyone is having the same reaction to the chain chomp party member :lol
It's really weird how Nintendo didn't even mention this (and quite a few other) game during the conference.

Luigison

Vhalyar said:
It's really weird how Nintendo didn't even mention this (and quite a few other) game during the conference.
I suspect they plan(ned) a post E3 announcement for things like Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, and Ocarina 3DS. Maybe there's more we don't know about besides price and date.

Mohonky

This game would lend itself incredibly well to 3D. Man Nintendo are really on the ball with the line up for this 3DS. It's not out for ages and already I need it in my life!!

Haunted

OH MAH GAWD

I've been trudging through all sort of announcements for hours now, and am still discovering new and awesome stuff like this.

Mohonky said:
This game would lend itself incredibly well to 3D.

I agree, the 2D in a 3D world look will be even better, especially when things flip round and the like.

Cmagus said:
this now star fox why werent these in the conference you ended it early to let the press play it early man announcing this plus OOT and starfox would of been huge

I feel they genuinely didn't want to overshadow 3rd party support for a change. They made an effort to highlight all their Wii nostalgia titles.

RpgN

Wait, that's a completelly new game? I thought it was a port of the N64 or gamecube one?

Top Bottom