• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paragon getting huge graphical and gameplay changes

When does this game actually "fully" release and add Trophy support? I haven't touched it yet because I'm waiting for the finalized release but it seems to be taking forever

Toni

When does this game actually "fully" release and add Trophy support? I haven't touched it yet because I'm waiting for the finalized release but it seems to be taking forever

The game is a beta. And was released as a beta. Game development time frames have doubled this generation, and that accumulated with other projects Epic has at the moment, might be the reason why its still in development and no official release has been given to it.

The core game foundation however has already been set and will be revamped next month. And its what you'll be getting as a package in Paragon. What follows after the big update, are UI re-visits, ranked matches, more new heroes, buffs/nerfs and new type of matches. Nothing too substantial. Trophy support is for next year. Which is around the corner. I'd say absolutely jump in in August and see if it clicks for you.

EhoaVash

Didn't even know this game was even out.

Like seriously I heard it was in beta a year? Ago and for some reasons still thought that.

Is this F2P?

Lakuza

New updates sound great. Only started playing it in June and have since played atleast 1 game an evening. As a long time LoL player, Paragon is different enough for me to enjoy alongside it. I like the fact that even if you do poor during the laning phase you can catch up pretty fast with the enemy team in terms of card points and level.

Are there any in depth details on the card system rework?

Didn't even know this game was even out.

Like seriously I heard it was in beta a year? Ago and for some reasons still thought that.

Is this F2P?

Its free to play, you can use the premium currency to buy skins, emotes and loot crates (which unlock skins, emotes etc). You can earn premium currency slowly in the game. I have £8 worth of premium currency by playing for a month which i think is pretty generous since its only used for cosmetic enhancements (and most skins are just plain recolours).

hurzelein

Grapical Update might bring me back, base PS4 Monolith right now looks way inferior to the Legacy map.

What would be more important to me personally would be a meta change. Right now it's just too much of a Team-Death match game to further enjoy it.

Don't get me wrong, Paragon is awesome. I loved Legacy and really liked Monolith. Just got burned out and need a substantial change before coming back.

jediyoshi

It would be great if thez add a proper photo mode

The PC version already has it, don't think they've said anything about the consoles. Although with the replay system, you have freecam, can hide the HUD, and have control over FOV IIRC.

Eggbok

It would be great if thez add a proper photo mode
The PC version already has it, don't think they've said anything about the consoles. Although with the replay system, you have freecam, can hide the HUD, and have control over FOV IIRC.

Photomode isn't needed, they have a theater mode on console too already if you want to go through a match taking pictures. They just need to add more options to what already exists.

I took these with the theater mode on PS Pro:

paragon_2017040417484qkumr.png

paragon_20170404183433dkj5.png

paragon_2017042512395xkxh7.png

jediyoshi

Photomode isn't needed, they have a theater mode on console too already if you want to go through a match taking pictures. They just need to add more options to what already exists.

Yes, that's what I said :p I was pointing out why the existing photo mode is somewhat redundant with the existing replay system and how the console has the latter anyway.

Gurrry

I enjoyed the time I spent with the game for awhile. However, matches were insanely long and the shop/item system never clicked with me.

Id love to get back in it and see what changes they made.

The ridiculous card system was the main reason I could never get into Paragon.

The other being my old video card not running it well :(

arimanius

Wow looks great. I was just going to ask how this looks and runs on the pro. Downloading this now.

Salz01

Hopefully the card system rework is good and that they offer customization with the characters. A new map would be great too.

Toni

Hopefully the card system rework is good and that they offer customization with the characters. A new map would be great too.

The devs said there is a new map coming with either the update or a bit after the update. But we won't wait too long to see it.

Espada

The devs said there is a new map coming with either the update or a bit after the update. But we won't wait too long to see it.

Is it the one we've been seeing in the character reveal trailers? That map looks GORGEOUS.

Spinluck

Holy fuck that looks amazing...

Might have to go get PS Pro soon.

Shouta

It was already a decent looking game. Getting upgrades is pretty wild. I'll probably reinstall and play some when it hits.

Synth

UT just had a graphics pass on a few of the maps. For all the people looking for a competitive online FPS instead of a hero will migrate to UT. Especially if they are playing QC because UT is better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnRp-cmOB-0

What it needs is the characters being redone entirely imo. Unreal Tournament always had such amazing character designs, and these look ridiculously placeholder (probably because they are... but it's been years now). The maps also look too much like a texture pack is sitting on old geometry. It's sad that Paragon looks as amazing as it does, but the game engine's namesake still looks like a product that's seen months rather than years of progress.

I'm not seeing the migration happening tho because Bethesda's actually looking like they're making an effort with Quake, rather than act like they're embarrassed by its existence. They've have done more to make it a relevant entry in the series months from being announced, than Epic has done since 2014. Quake is also fundamentally better than UT, including QC.

Ploid 3.0

This graphic thing is only for PS4 right? It already looks amazing on PC, if they make it look any better I may end up looking at walls and crap during gameplay even more. I already do it every time I first start at the end of my lane. Yesterday I was just looking at reflections of the metal surface and marble on the tower base (the circle).

I know the Monolith map isn't finished and they may continue to add textures and such to that but I doubt that is what this thread is about (in regard to "huge graphical changes).

Also that new Twin Blast summer skin is amazing! Want

thelastword

Banned
Very nice upgrades, can't wait for UT to have an oficial release on consoles. The lighting and reflections are ace. Epic showing others how to use UE4.

Top Bottom