• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PaRappa the Rapper coming to PSP?

I heart Parappa. Its the game that really made me buy a PlayStation, and sideways changed my outlook on the world.

demi said:
Maybe this will increase the price of the original on eBay, about to put my PS1 copy on there.
If supply and demand work this way, I'll make a fortune in Super Mario Bros. NES carts.

Mook1e

It's too bad the site makes it look like a port of the original.
I'll still get it because PaRappa PaWNS

the year 20XX said:
Didn't Rodney Greenblat "retire" from the game industry?

Indeed he did. Which is a real shame because its mostly due to him being frustrated with Sony's incompetent managment.

FortNinety said:
Indeed he did. Which is a real shame because its mostly due to him being frustrated with Sony's incompetent managment.
Did he really say something like that? Other than the Parappa/Lammy games and some of his own PC CD creations in the earlier 90s, it doesn't seem like he was particularly focused on games, so retiring from it sounds a bit odd.

NomarTyme

http://psp.ign.com/articles/734/734357p1.html

It's hard to knock a plucky little puppy like Parappa the Rapper, but disappointment set in with this first PSP entry in the franchise almost immediately. It's not that this is necessarily a bad port of the classic PlayStation music game, it's just that all it there is to this is a port of the PlayStation game. There's a multiplayer mode added, but that's never been a strong suit of the series (it also wasn't playable here at TGS.) The rest of it is the same: the graphics, the stages, the music, the challenge, the design ... the one single disc in a series that's three deep.

parappatherapper20060921115604597ig4.jpg

parappatherapper20060921115605972et3.jpg

parappa-the-rapper-20060921115606441.jpg

Top Bottom