• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Parks and Recreation" Thread (new show from The Office US creators)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costanza

Banned
Is Paul Schneider (Mark Brendanawicz) saying peace out to Pawnee?

Though NBC has yet to confirm anything, several solid sources tell KTV that Schneider is set to exit "Parks and Recreation."

Schneider's character Mark is dating Rashida Jones' character this season, but he hasn't been given too much else to do as of late.

And with the recent cast additions of Rob Lowe and Adam Scott, one would assume that there will be even less room in upcoming story lines.

So, thoughts?

As a fan of both "P&R" and Paul, I'll be sorry to see Mark go.

Perhaps he'll pop in as a guest star sometime?

Any guesses on how the show might write him out?
http://blog.zap2it.com/korbitv/2010/03/paul-schneider-leaving-parks-and-recreation.html

Jayge

I dig Adam Scott but Lowe has one of the creepiest fucking facial structures of all time. I don't want to see that. I'm already at my limit with Poehler.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The plot thickens. Adam Scott coming in to replace Paul Schneider?

I pointed it out in the Party Down thread, but all I've seen is that Rob Lowe is coming in for two episodes at the end of this season and few in the next. I've seen no substantiated word that it's more than an extended guest spot.

Weenerz said:
Is Rashida Jones leaving the show? She wasn't on the episode before this and this episode she was on for like 30 seconds. She's too fine to be throwing her away.
I would assume she was off filming The Social Network. Just an educated guess though.

Brinbe

Neuromancer said:
Sometimes you need that though. I think it's a bummer.
Exactly, he's one of the more grounded characters (this season anyway) which helps balance out all the other wackiness.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
WTF, this show is hella good!
I just watched a few episodes to satisfy my crush on Aubrey Plaza but I'm actually really liking it.

The DJ Roomba episode was amazing!

BigAT

Vox-Pop said:
Bringing new actors to boost rating?
Simpsons+Roy.jpg

The show is great IMO. The second season is miles better than the first. In fact, I didn't really like the first season. It seemed like they were trying too hard. I don't know if they hired new writers or what (maybe it was just the plot line of the first season), but the second season is great.

IMO, Modern Family and Community are far, far funnier shows, but this season is still alot better than S1. Ron saying "I was born ready. I'm Ron fucking Swanson" made me crack up :lol

Yeah, I almost stopped watching after the first season but I'm glad I continued. This is a great season. At the moment it's beating out Community, Office, and 30 Rock.

Sad to see Mark go though. :(

Korey

DanielPlainview said:
Yeah, this second season is amazing. Funnier than The Office.
Agreed. For some reason I'm least excited to watch The Office out of the four NBC comedies. Parks/30 Rock -> Community -> The Office

Natalie-Morales_240.jpg

White Collar’s loss is Parks and Recreation’s gain.

Natalie Morales, whose stint on the USA Network drama concluded on March 9 with the show’s season finale, is joining NBC’s Parks and Recreation for a multi-episode arc, sources confirm to me semi-exclusively.

Morales will play Lucy, a smart and funny busgirl at a local Pawnee bar.

Morales’ deal caps a busy couple of weeks for the casting gurus at Parks and Rec. As previously reported, departing Brothers & Sisters star Rob Lowe and Party Down’s Adam Scott have booked recurring roles on the recently-renewed comedy. And last week it was announced that Paul Schneider (a.k.a. city planner Mark Brendanawicz) is leaving the show at the end of the season to focus on his burgeoning film career.

source EZTV

cool news

And last week it was announced that Paul Schneider (a.k.a. city planner Mark Brendanawicz) is leaving the show at the end of the season to focus on his burgeoning film career.

That reasoning would make more sense if he was named Rashida Jones.

gdt

GREAT episode. Man, I'm still blown away how much better this show is from S1.

This show has been on fire all season. This is a classic season of comedy.

KingDirk

Such a great episode. Well-paced, awesome cameo in Andy Samberg (and I love returning characters in the show like the newsperson--it's really getting kinda Springfield-ian in that regard), and most importantly, gooooood jokes.

HOORAY.

Neuromancer said:
I actually didn't find tonight's episode very funny. The park ranger in particular was awful. =\
Really? This for me is the only episode that was consistently funny unlike the others that only had 2-3 funny moments.

Them trying not to laugh at Jerry was probably the hardest I've laughed at this show :lol :lol that happens to me and my friends practically every day at school. All of their reactions were perfect :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom