• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Patent: PlayStation Move for NGP/PSP

Go319

onQ123 said:
icCP3G.jpg

The laughing...it wont stop!

Photoshop GAF gogogo!

onQ123

Snuggler said:
A PSP and Move combo... yeah sounds like a real wii killer, guy.

smaller more powerful better motion controls, sounds like a wii killer to me too bad the price wii be almost 3 x the price of a wii.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ezduo said:
They're really going to push this as both a handheld and a home console aren't they?

Nope, or it would have TV out.

This is just Sony patenting things that no one else would even do in the first place.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
onQ123 said:
smaller more powerful better motion controls, sounds like a wii killer to me too bad the price wii be almost 3 x the price of a wii.

Yes, all those families who play Wii Sports around a pocket television would clearly snap it up.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
DECK'ARD said:
Yes, all those families who play Wii Sports around a pocket television would clearly snap it up.

Exactly, because there is nothing those types of gamers love more than unnecessarily complicated set ups.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
I will use this... if you include an HDMI out for NGP. (Plz Sony!)

Othwerwizw, lol. Doesn't the NGP already has much of the Move sensors built in?

onQ123

DECK'ARD said:
I guess you didn't see the 1st post where I said if this dock hooks up to your tv

Uh, Sony. Standing 5 feet away from a portable console isn't a good idea. I'm hoping there is more to this or that this is still something is development.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
onQ123 said:
I guess you didn't see the 1st post where I said if this dock hooks up to your tv

Sony don't want your NGP anywhere near the TV, that's been obvious.

It's to reinforce the PS3, not replace it.

I'm a little drunk but I'm sure I'd find this amusing regardless. I think they're just trying to cover all their patent bases... just in case! Wouldn't read anything in to it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
DECK'ARD said:
Sony don't want your NGP anywhere near the TV, that's been obvious.

It's to reinforce the PS3, not replace it.

That, and what would be the point of going through to trouble to "dock" your PSP to your TV when you can already play Move with your PS3?

And yes, I'm aware that this is likely a concept that will go nowhere, but the point is that there is no point unless the new PSP has some kind of tech that will add something worthwhile that the PS3/Move combo can't do.

hilarious thread, though, but this is still my favorite concept:

wu2Ii.jpg

plainr_

Kinda called it in the NGP reveal thread. All that's missing is a video out feature. I think we're going to see crossplatform Move development for the PS3 and NGP.

zeioIIDX

NGPdancer.png

Just imagine playing this shit on the bus, during lunch at school, or while waiting for a job interview (why not?).

Snuggler said:
That, and what would be the point of going through to trouble to "dock" your PSP to your TV when you can already play Move with your PS3?

And yes, I'm aware that this is likely a concept that will go nowhere, but the point is that there is no point unless the new PSP has some kind of tech that will add something worthwhile that the PS3/Move combo can't do.

hilarious thread, though, but this is still my favorite concept:

wu2Ii.jpg

Why is Kevin Spacey dressed like a toddler and riding on a Sybian?

zeioIIDX

mrelefun-1.png

I'm getting lazy. I'm done. I know there are some wizards who can make some awesome shoops though, I hope to see more of these :) Wouldn't it be a trip though to see Sony actually showcase this thing at E3? Wow...I'm picturing that girl Microsoft had who demoed Kinect by jumping wildly in the air to deflect kickballs. Only this time she's doing it with Move controllers attached to her. And she's wearing 3D glasses.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
ZoddGutts said:
Sony should know by now by seeing the 3DS bomb, that people don't care about 3D.

The 3DS bombed?

Top Bottom