• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile (F2P Loot Hack 'n Slash) Open beta later this year

inky

wait, so how are people getting keys?

heard about this from the loot whore thread and i want in o_o

Beg in this thread I guess. You can sign up on their website and they are giving one invite out every five minutes, but I signed up since may last year and still nothing for me. =/

Edit: There was a list going in another thread, so probably look for that. A lot of people from there got keys it seems.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Beg in this thread I guess. You can sign up on their website and they are giving one invite out every five minutes, but I signed up since may last year and still nothing for me. =/

Edit: There was a list going in another thread, so probably look for that. A lot of people from there got keys it seems.

In for begging :bowdown:

KKRT00

What are the chances of this game running on a 2gb Samsung NC10 netbook on lowest settings?

Really low, You need GPU for this game and it has crappy intel one. I dont even know if Torchlight would run good enough on this netbook.

KKRT00

Trading system with NPCs is awesome :)

Look at those shots :)

ddij7.jpg
FeLes.jpg

6F4M3.jpg
jqmHY.jpg

M55Q0.jpg
qplRF.jpg

Kyaw

Do the enemies get more varied and harder later in the game?

I'm in the Prison area. The enemies so far has been pretty underwhelming so far.
Playing as a hunter probably makes the whole experience worse. :l

I do like the look of the environments, the enemies need to pop out more or something.

syllogism

I forgot that I still have a beta key, first person to quote this gets it

e: as in replies and then I PM the person in question

e2: gone (obviously)

KKRT00

Do the enemies get more varied and harder later in the game?

I'm in the Prison area. The enemies so far has been pretty underwhelming so far.
Playing as a hunter probably makes the whole experience worse. :l

I do like the look of the environments, the enemies need to pop out more or something.

You're just 30 minutes into the game :) Wait for next difficulty settings.
But they are still working on variety of enemies and consider if they allow enemies from other attacks in earlier waypoints. Magic enemies and auras change drastically game as in Diablo.

Kyaw

Any tips for someone playing as a Ranger?

You're just 30 minutes into the game :) Wait for next difficulty settings.
But they are still working on variety of enemies and consider if they allow enemies from other attacks in earlier waypoints. Magic enemies and auras change drastically game as in Diablo.

30 minutes?! That can't be right. :l
I've played at least about 2 hours!
Either that or I suck A LOT.

Ricker

I like the game but the fact that you can't zoom the camera in or out at all bothers me a bit and it gets really repetitve to me...I have to admit I didn`t try to party with anyone at all,the game is not very user friendly with that and I only tried 1 character and I'm only level 17 I think(didn't play since SWtOR came out).

KKRT00

30 minutes?! That can't be right. :l
I've played at least about 2 hours!
Either that or I suck A LOT.

Ok, i was wrong, i forgot, that i speed run a little :), its more than hour, now after rebalance can be longer for a first try :)

So is that thread with the list of people wanting in the beta dead? Because I've been checking there yet apparently people are getting keys here! That thread was nice and organized and civil and apparently a huge waste of time.

I've been waiting forever to get into this. What a kick in the teeth...

inky

So is that thread with the list of people wanting in the beta dead? Because I've been checking there yet apparently people are getting keys here! That thread was nice and organized and civil and apparently a huge waste of time.

I've been waiting forever to get into this. What a kick in the teeth...

From what I've seen some people didn't get keys to give away so the list was never followed properly. Others that had them were trying to exchange them for Dota 2 keys as well so it became messy. I think only KKRT00 was making sure people got keys, so I don't blame him if he just gave up after they became somewhat hard to get and there still was a huge list of people wanting in.

KKRT00

From what I've seen some people didn't get keys to give away so the list was never followed properly. Others that had them were trying to exchange them for Dota 2 keys as well so it became messy. I think only KKRT00 was making sure people got keys, so I don't blame him if he just gave up after they became somewhat hard to get and there still was a huge list of people wanting in.

The problem is that not every beta member gets friend invite key, so even if we got many friend invites back on pay it forward list, it had to deplete someday :)
Still we managed to distribute almost 60 keys to GAF, it was much more than i initially expected :)

Anno

Recent Diablo news has my lootwhore sense tingling. Wish this would go open beta soon, but if anyone has a spare key in the meantime I'd be ever so grateful ♥

inky

The problem is that not every beta member gets friend invite key, so even if we got many friend invites back on pay it forward list, it had to deplete someday :)
Still we managed to distribute almost 60 keys to GAF, it was much more than i initially expected :)

Yeah, like I said it was very nice of you to keep it going for so long. My only point was that the other thread burned out despite your efforts of keeping it alive and organized (which sucks for the ones who were stuck at the bottom of the lists, like me) so people might as well use this one now.

msv

Another beta I'm not getting in, nnnooooooo. My GF started me on Diablo 2 after christmas, never played it before. Now I'm hooked, damnit. Ridiculously fun co-op game, did not expect that at all. Does the beta really have the seem feel of D2?

Ok, my video card magically fixed itself and I started playing as a witch. I love it so far. Not a huge fan of the genre and I generally lose interest pretty fast, but I can see myself playing this for a while.

The passive "tree" is kind of overwhelming though and it seems like you can fuck yourself over really good.

Just wanted to post and say that this game is freaking awesome!
I got in about 3 days ago, currently have two level 27/29 characters (duelist/ranger) near the end of Act II

It's clearly not nearly finished yet (placeholder enemies etc) but what they have got there is brilliant quality stuff, it's more polished than many retails games

It's extremely addictive, it feels like back in the day playing Diablo 2 constantly. It's pretty much how I imagined Diablo 3 would be back then, only hopefully with a fully persistent online community like it has, it will have a constant supply of new content

It's the only online game I've really warmed to since Final Fantasy XI

So good

Just wanted to post and say that this game is freaking awesome!
I got in about 3 days ago, currently have two level 27/29 characters (duelist/ranger) near the end of Act II

It's clearly not nearly finished yet (placeholder enemies etc) but what they have got there is brilliant quality stuff, it's more polished than many retails games

It's extremely addictive, it feels like back in the day playing Diablo 2 constantly. It's pretty much how I imagined Diablo 3 would be back then, only hopefully with a fully persistent online community like it has, it will have a constant supply of new content

It's the only online game I've really warmed to since Final Fantasy XI

So good

Completely agree. Got in a few days ago and it's the first Diablo-like game I actually enjoyed for more than 5 hours. I'm having so much fun.

Thanks again to syllogism for sending me a key for this awesome game.

Staab

Bleh registered back in September still haven't gotten in =(
Would appreciate it if anyone had an extra invite !

Haunted

Man, this really looks like Diablo II, huh.

Not that a F2P Diablo II with new loot and monsters is a bad thing. :p

V_Arnold

Personally, I think that Path of Exile has the potential to surpass Torchlight II and every other non-Diablo 3 game out there when it comes to quality games in the genre.

I know, TL2 really is a different, much lighter kind of a beast, but that is exactly the opposite - I think - that the majority of users in this genre want. With more added content and more unique mobs/enviroments, PoE has the chance to become something solid in this genre where having a good/strong character actually matters, regardless of what games come and go in the next years.

And that really is a rarity.

Top Bottom