• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paul Gale Network Bullshit: "Star Fox Metroid: Fusion Saga" isn't real (no shit!)

Eusis

I only took it remotely seriously because of them apparently being the ones to break Playstation All Stars, and I think they were the ones with the Castlevania rumors. Though honestly I would like it if it were half true, and Retro really is making a game along the lines of one of those two halves. Putting them together sounds like the kind of insane dream I'd have as a kid for the "ultimate video game" that as an adult I can recognize actually wouldn't work out at all.

Yagharek

I'm disappointed its not real, but not in the slightest am I surprised it was a lie.

Paul Gale has no reason to be trusted, so I don't know why he would make stupid shit up.

Oh, that's right: for attention and ad revenue.

Delio

I only took it remotely seriously because of them apparently being the ones to break Playstation All Stars, and I think they were the ones with the Castlevania rumors. Though honestly I would like it if it were half true, and Retro really is making a game along the lines of one of those two halves. Putting them together sounds like the kind of insane dream I'd have as a kid for the "ultimate video game" that as an adult I can recognize actually wouldn't work out at all.

Nah he stole the Castlevania stuff from another site. People still trusted him.

1-D_FTW

Wow the reactions here are embarrassing......

I can only assume you mean the people defending this guy.

Because his schtick is so obvious it hurts. And if someone's BS detector is so dented they can't see right through this guy, wow. They're gonna be a mark for life.

I'll admit I'd never heard of this guy before this thread popped up, but it only takes reading a couple of Paul Gale's replies to see him for what he is.

If anyone still believes that Paul Gale has a single shred of credibility left, just read his explanation for why none of his supposed Mirror of Fate details match the Nintendo Power preview:

As with PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, sometimes when you acquire information several months to over a year ahead of when the game is ready to be shown in a public venue, be made playable, or even be ready for shipping, certain things change. I first wrote about Castlevania for 3DS back in December, 2010...quite a long time ago. When I brought it up again in December 2011 as it being one of the dual titles for Wii U and 3DS, there was new information yet again. Fast forward 5 months later and certain elements are still spot on representative of what I originally was told by my source and some things are new to me as well. Then again, in my defense, I never spilled all of the beans that I had and I can tell you that many of the new, "confirmed" details, are not new to me. I just had to and continue to have to be respectful towards my sources that provide me with information, but simultaneously try and be as accurate as possible to my site's audience and the rest of the internet alike.

So, basically: "The details I posted that aren't true were true at one point, but I actually knew much of the legit info and just didn't bother mentioning it. Bad luck, I guess! Also, the NDA I claimed to have signed regarding MoF and LoS2 just happened to expire the day another fansite leaked MoF."

Such bullshit.

Mael

metroidxstarfox.gif

Saw this on Twitter.

It makes the obvious jokes but oh well.

If you ask me this redeemed the whole thing...

duckroll

If anyone still believes that Paul Gale has a single shred of credibility left, just read his explanation for why none of his supposed Mirror of Fate details match the Nintendo Power preview:

So, basically: "The details I posted that aren't true were true at one point, but I actually knew much of the legit info and just didn't bother mentioning it. Bad luck, I guess! Also, the NDA I claimed to have signed regarding MoF and LoS2 just happened to expire the day another fansite leaked MoF."

Such bullshit.

On the other hand you know duckroll will never lie to you! :)

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
On the other hand you know duckroll will never lie to you! :)

You lied to me when you told me you didn't eat all my cookies :( I know it was you, Amirox told me!

Also, I was hoping the Star Fox x Metroid thing would be real if only to see how people would react to the announcement.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Poor Paul Gale. The guy stroke gold somehow with the All Stars game, but then proceeded to destroy his credibility and that of his "industry sources" with a string of debunked shitty rumors.

Poor Paul Gale. The guy stroke gold somehow with the All Stars game, but then proceeded to destroy his credibility and that of his "industry sources" with a string of debunked shitty rumors.

He never presented All Stars as a rumour tho and told that this one was probably fake.

Ahasverus

Then when he traid to make damage control with its "zOMG I knew about Castlevania Mirror of Fate all along and look my details that might or not be lifted from a european site that published them this morning" bullshit was called, because the game will feature 4 playable characters, not 2, nor it has some 3DS camera gimmick.

This man's site should be banned now.

Amir0x

Banned
That bastard. I knew I couldn't trust him with anything!

I'm no rat! That man is a fraud!

Amir0x burned our village, killed our crops and brought a plague upon our peasants. Now who will turn mud in the fields?

That reminds me of the episode of Spongebob when the people of Bikini Bottom decide they're going to pop Spongebob's bubble buddy.

The one fish was like 'he poisoned our water, burned our crops and brought a plague unto our people!' The rest of the crowd was like 'Really!?' Then he was like 'no, but are you going to wait until he does!?'

heh

If you ask me this redeemed the whole thing...

Haha wow that was great.

People need to stop giving this paul gale person attention.

What stupid ass rumor. "DUUUUDDDEEESS Star Fox and Metroid together, but it's like perfectly balanced and paced and respectful of each franchise. Yea it's seriously so crazy. I heard you can fly in space and it's unlimited."

That reminds me of the episode of Spongebob when the people of Bikini Bottom decide they're going to pop Spongebob's bubble buddy.

The one fish was like 'he poisoned our water, burned our crops and brought a plague unto our people!' The rest of the crowd was like 'Really!?' Then he was like 'no, but are you going to wait until he does!?'

heh

THANK YOU! XD I'm not the only one who thought that! lol

Paul Gale

Update: Look at this shit!

-----

You read it right.

I definitely never meant to mislead anyone, which is why I labeled it a rumor with as much emphasis as possible on that word. The good comes with the bad and vice versa in putting yourself out there for the public to see. At the end of the day, I chose to share what I had, even if it was a bit "out there", because I saw a need for it. A need that 1) gamers were curious for info on and 2) something that I wished to solve after being the first to report on the subject in any capacity back to April, 2011. Too bad that this story wound up not being real in the end, but at least it's good to know from my perspective that what I had was indeed a pitch in discussion between Redmond and Austin.

There's a reason why I put up very few rumors throughout the year and generally stick to every day video game news, martial arts tutorial, personal training tips, and physical rehab advice for those in need that may not have the money for a physical therapist or personal trainer, and that's because it's in those areas where my qualifications are at their best. In regards to rumors, though I do have my own sources that I have developed in the 12+ years that I've been involved in the video game industry (this E3 marks my 11th that I will be personally attending), not everything always ends up as it was meant to/oftentimes I get completely bogus stuff that's not even worth mentioning.

I do have a process weeding out the obviously fake vs. the potentially real and usually it comes right down to who it was that gave me the information.

Anyways, to those that are disappointed that the game is not real, at least know that Nintendo is expanding in its areas of thought so such an event is at least a possibility in the future...if not with these two franchises, than with something else.

Thanks for your time, everyone. I appreciate it.
-Paul

shira

I definitely never meant to mislead anyone, which is why I labeled it a rumor with as much emphasis as possible on that word. The good comes with the bad and vice versa in putting yourself out there for the public to see. At the end of the day, I chose to share what I had, even if it was a bit "out there", because I saw a need for it. A need that 1) gamers were curious for info on and 2) something that I wished to solve after being the first to report on the subject in any capacity back to April, 2011. Too bad that this story wound up not being real in the end, but at least it's good to know from my perspective that what I had was indeed a pitch in discussion between Redmond and Austin.

There's a reason why I put up very few rumors throughout the year and generally stick to every day video game news, martial arts tutorial, personal training tips, and physical rehab advice for those in need that may not have the money for a physical therapist or personal trainer, and that's because it's in those areas where my qualifications are at their best. In regards to rumors, though I do have my own sources that I have developed in the 12+ years that I've been involved in the video game industry (this E3 marks my 11th that I will be personally attending), not everything always ends up as it was meant to/oftentimes I get completely bogus stuff that's not even worth mentioning.

I do have a process weeding out the obviously fake vs. the potentially real and usually it comes right down to who it was that gave me the information.

Anyways, to those that are disappointed that the game is not real, at least know that Nintendo is expanding in its areas of thought so such an event is at least a possibility in the future...if not with these two franchises, than with something else.

Thanks for your time, everyone. I appreciate it.
-Paul
15:01

This whole incident inspired me to create a piece of fan art. While I'm not sure I would have wanted this specific crossover, it would have been awesome to see it brought to its logical conclusion. Get on it, Nintendo!

captainNposter.jpg

Top Bottom