• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pawel Sasko (CDPR) explains why characters look plastic/glossy in cyberpunk images

zeorhymer

You mean in a fictional universe where people can have any part of their body modified, people are nit picking on a shiny skin? Damn these "gamers" are entitled.

Depends, in certain fictional canons they do (and TBH in this very game there appear to be augments that more closely mimic natural appearance).
More generally, wouldn't one of the main appeals of augmented body parts be to conceal them from immediate recognition as manufactured?
In a society in which perhaps the vast majority if people are augmented? It depends, what do you think?

frostyxc

Dang it, I misread the title and thought that Pavel Chekov and Benjamin Sisko were teaming up to solve some crime capers! I don't care about the skin; I just want to play the game, consarn it!

Last edited:

hyperbertha

A convenient argument when it's probably more just an issue with the engine or modeling middleware, but I appreciate developers who attempt to provide an in-universe, contextual explanation for mechanics and other system elements as though it is by design rather than "because videogames."
Can't possibly be serious. Notwithstanding the many examples of good looking skin displayed in previous trailers, do you seriously think they went for a metallic look due to Engine deficiency?

CuNi

VsCoAwn.jpg

for the avoidance of any doubt it’s right there why some Moxes look like that.

I actually always read it the other way around.
Their skins look glossy because of cyberwear BUT some of them wear "RealSkin" which isn't glossy at all and looks exactly like normal Skin.

Top Bottom