• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 3 - First Sneak Peek

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Kick Dancing GIF by 505 Games

CuNi

So... there is nothing. Like literally nothing?
I feel like gamers should lash back at devs that have literally nothing to show except a "we're still alive" video. Game related Trailers should have gameplay in them or engine-trailers etc.
Just my 2 cents

CitizenZ

Banned
This game is literally 2-3 years away wtf would they even be showing anything at this time? Also, while I like the game i have friends who have 1,000s of hrs playing this game. They have released so much DLC and so many changes its crazy, but ffs we should already have had a P3 by now.

jaysius

Banned
Payday games are always full of hackers and glitchers that destroy all the fun and the company never acts on it.

Kuranghi

Me and my friend were drinking and casually watching the Koch Media show and we got unncessarily angry about how shit it was lol.

TL;DR feedback for any Kocher's reading this: SHOW THE FUCKING GAME/THING YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT NEXT TIME PLEASE.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Starbreeze, which is the developer and publisher of the popular co-op shooter series Payday, has revealed that it will have more to say about the long-awaited third installment in the franchise later this month. While it's not currently known what these new details might actually look like, it seems like Starbreeze might be looking to finally give us a substantial look at the game as a way of celebrating the 10th anniversary of the series.

Detailed on Starbreeze's website today, the publisher revealed that it's planning a 10th anniversary event for the Payday franchise. This event will specifically culminate in a new four-episode video series that Starbreeze will be sharing to its YouTube channel as a way of looking at the history and future of Payday. "The series will take a look at the past, present, and ongoing legacy of the Payday franchise. In addition, Starbreeze will be sharing a few new details around Payday Crime War and Payday 3," Starbreeze explained. The first episode of this series has actually launched today, with new episodes continuing to roll out in the coming days.

Speaking more to Payday 3 specifically, Starbreeze CEO Tobias Sjögren said that the company remains very thankful for players who have continued to be excited about the project over the years. "Payday players and our community have stuck with us through thick and thin, and this anniversary is a great opportunity for us to look back at all we've achieved over the last decade, and more importantly, to dig into everything we've learned along the way, ensuring that Payday 3 (and beyond) are bigger and better than ever," he said.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The sequel is set in New York City, a virtual world Starbreeze described as a "living, enormous representation of the city".

"One game changer: the media is now covering the gang, their exploits... and who knows what might come from that..." Starbreeze added.

Payday 3 is set several years after the events of Payday 2, with the gang retired from their life of crime.

"In the meantime," Starbreeze said, "the world of Payday has transitioned into the digital age, with software giants, crypto currencies, mass surveillance and the Dark Web all playing a role in the gang's new gadgets, challenges and opportunities."

We also have confirmation that Payday's original four characters - Dallas, Hoxton, Chains and Wolf - return to a life of crime for Payday 3. The gang is forced back into a life of heisting, Wonnevi said.

Top Bottom