• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC games where you create your own character

I love games where I can create characters. I often get stuck in Character Creation forever. I just recently bought a laptop that can play most games, so i wanted to get into PC games in general.

But the list is a bit big so i decided that I should narrow my focus down a bit. I played the Tera trial (probably not for me as a game plus I rather not pay sub fees) and I really liked the action-ish gameplay. So yeah that's what I am looking for..

a PC(Or console...fuck it) game in which you create your own character. Preferably one with action based gameplay.

I know most MMOs fulfill this need and I'll probably check out GW2. I'll get around to Skyrim eventually. And I have That Vampire game gaf was pimping a while back (name escapes me at the moment).

Demos/trials are also a plus.

Thoraxes

Well, this doesn't really fit your genre requirement, but it has lots of customization/character creating to the point that it's like half the game...

Spore.

7Odzg.jpg

Skyrim, Dark/Demons Souls, Little Big Planet, Dragons Dogma & Pretty much every MMO out there are the big ones I can think of.

Star Trek Online has a lot of character customization options.
Here is a video for Federation Characters. They know have more options and the Klingon side with new races.
It is free to play. Check it on Steam Store, the game itself is fun but a F2P MMORPG has its limits.

Also if you take the visuals out Crusader Kings 2 is all about character creation as a middle age ruler. It is a quest to get the most perfect ruler with a large empire. Where you pick the best options to breed and create a good dynastic DNA.

Coolwhip

Banned
I love games where I can create characters. I often get stuck in Character Creation forever. I just recently bought a laptop that can play most games, so i wanted to get into PC games in general.

But the list is a bit big so i decided that I should narrow my focus down a bit. I played the Tera trial (probably not for me as a game plus I rather not pay sub fees) and I really liked the action-ish gameplay. So yeah that's what I am looking for..

a PC(Or console...fuck it) game in which you create your own character. Preferably one with action based gameplay.

I know most MMOs fulfill this need and I'll probably check out GW2. I'll get around to Skyrim eventually. And I have That Vampire game gaf was pimping a while back (name escapes me at the moment).

Demos/trials are also a plus.

Don't bother with GW2, the customisation is really limited and the game itself is shit.

Top Bottom