• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gaming Mice: Post your rodent! (keyboards welcome)

belvedere

Junior Butler
InfectedZero said:
Just picked up a Blackwidow Ultimate and I have to say it is quite lovely, I have seen the mechanical light. Mixed with my Deathadder(Xtrac mouse pad) and ]

How do you like the Xtrac? Was thinking about ordering one today actually.

I recently bought the Death Adder too haha.

Jeramii

Banned
microsoftkeyboardfeb2010.jpg

Sidewinder X4

15994.png

G500

love both very much.

FoxSpirit

ek4xY.jpg

2q1i5tx.png

A Cherry G80-3000 with Cherry MX-Blue and German Layout. In Europe, you can get that with different layouts for around €50, which is less than half the price of a Filco. Though beware there is no Brown switch version, only Blue, Black and Clear.
Had the clear, found it far too heavy to type on.
But Cherry Blue is great, if you give yourself time to readjust your fingers will just love that easy type feeling. Will eventually get a Filco with Brown switches which is more silent but for the money, you just can't beat that keyboard :-D

frogg609

Has anyone had issue with their RAT 7 losing tracking? It'll just get erratic, and not move unless I either make huge sweeping motions with it or unplug/replug it in.

I've got an RMA set up, but want to make sure this isn't normal.

mt1200

494911_s.jpg

Old Dell mouse, came with my old PC and it still works quite well, not perfect because it has a scratch in the laser glass that I accidentally did trying to clean it.

Truespeed

DanManIt said:
Which keyboard do you like most?

It's a toss up between the Meka G1 Blacks and Leopold Browns. The BW Blue's are a close second. I really like the sound and tactile feedback of the blues, but they can be loud.

drkOne said:
I'd advise you to try the Blackwidow out before buying it. It uses Cherry MX Blue switches, meaning the keys will pop up after you press them.
197802d1298910971-mechanical-keyboard-guide-cherry-mx-blue-animated.gif

If you play high APM games you might want to avoid it.
You have other options with better switches for gaming, like the Steelseries 6G v2 which uses Black ones.

Just looked at the Steelseries 6Gv2 and it appears to be pretty nice. I'm really going to have to go on reviews and opinions solely though since there are really are no stores in my country that sell gaming keyboards and such. This is what I currently use:

o3Aftl.jpg

The mouse is dead though and I'm temporarily using the mouse I use for my notebook. I've never really been satisfied with either one though, especially during gaming. I never felt enough feedback from the keys and the mouse, especially when playing FPS games. So I pretty much need more feedback from the keyboard and a really good mouse (I'm really interested in the RAT 7/9).

Dina

FoxSpirit said:
A Cherry G80-3000 with Cherry MX-Blue and German Layout. In Europe, you can get that with different layouts for around €50, which is less than half the price of a Filco. Though beware there is no Brown switch version, only Blue, Black and Clear.
Had the clear, found it far too heavy to type on.
But Cherry Blue is great, if you give yourself time to readjust your fingers will just love that easy type feeling. Will eventually get a Filco with Brown switches which is more silent but for the money, you just can't beat that keyboard :-D

Have you ordered it at keybo.de? If so, what is the difference between the three g80-3000 types listed?

FoxSpirit

Dina said:
Have you ordered it at keybo.de? If so, what is the difference between the three g80-3000 types listed?

No, I haven't, I got it from a local shop but I can list the differences.

G80-3000LQCDE Soft-Druckpunkt:
that's the Cherry clear board. Ergonomischer Soft-Druckpunkt would be Cherry browns but harrdiharr, Cherry doesn't make a keyboard with them. I found them too heavy but the guy who bought if off me loved them.

G80-3000LSCDE Click-Druckpunkt:
the Cherry blue board that I'm currently typing this on. I really like the tactility, the weight of the press and all though sometimes I wish for a bit more silence. But if you are writing heavy, long texts that clicking can get mighty addictive so that's definite plus.

G80-3000LPCDE linearer-Druckpunkt:
Cherry Blacks. I heard they are actually a tad lighter than the Cherry clears. Still, for typing that would be too heavy for me. Also, no real tactile feedback would make me weary. Would have to test first.

Also, checked the price, keybo.de is about a €10 price premium compared to other online outlets. Shop around.

Dance In My Blood said:
q1sVO.jpg

Any fewer hotkeys on your mouse is bush league.

Glad somebody posted it so I didn't have to dig up a pic!

Love this mouse. So awesome for games where you have keys you don't need "that much" but want often.

Have had the Death Adder, G9, Logitech MX1000 (I think, the wireless one on the front page) and this is by far my favorite.

It's not as big as it looks and it feels just like the Death Adder if it put on a couple pounds over Thanksgiving. Took a little getting used to but I'm good now.

schragnasher said:
What? No one bought an Optimus? someone must have forked out the cash.
No they are all sold out so I wasn't able to apply for the credit loan on thinkgeek. :p

I am on my second Black Widow that I will be returning tomorrow to best buy, first one had a few sticky keys, this second one has a few sticky keys on top of the space bar getting stuck on alt. I am surprised that after so long these issues have yet to be fixed. The second I came across my spacebar problem I flew to Das Keyboards site and placed a order for the Ultimate S. Should of been my first choice to begin with.

I felt compelled to chime into here as I'm extremely anal with my mouse and keyboard. Mouse in particular.

I've truly loved my original Intellipoint optical mouse when they first came out way back when and used it for probably 10 years.

Now I've gone through several Razers including imperator, lachesis, and the laptop one. And also two G9x's which I'm using now. This G9x has a solid feel and the tracking is nice but my hands are huge and I really basically hate the way my hands feel after prolonged use.

I'm using a Lycosa Mirror because I like the feel of the button and the sexiness. I've tried several expensive mechanical keyboards and I while they feel great, there mostly too loud for me and I prefer non-mechanical.

I have a strange claw grip style but I need a mouse with ALOT of hieght to it to make me feel confortable. I'm considering the mionix naos and some microsoft mice, as I generally dislike Logitech(mice atleast), and think Razer products are decent for a while but mostly overpriced packaging.

I'm using a Mionix propus 380 mousepad and love it.

mandiller said:
I just picked up a Razer Mamba yesterday and I'm loving it so far. Such a nice mouse! You can use it wired or wireless, it's really comfortable and you can change the dpi easily.

UkVqA.jpg
Yep. I use a Mamba, and I'm getting a Logitech M570 pretty soon. I just want to give trackballs a shot for a bit and see how I like them.

Logitech LX8
Because finding a legitimately ambidextrous wireless mouse with more than three buttons is becoming a major bitch.
910-000323-R.jpg

For most mice these days "Both Hands" means not ergonomic for righties, but they still stack the extra buttons on one side.

mescalineeyes said:
Oh man, I will never understand people who don't have the balls to go for the DAS ultimate ;)

I ordered one the other day (or is the ultimate the one without key labels?) I got the silent one.

speaking of which, the lack of media keys is the only disappointing thing about it.

Is there a way to make the numberpad function like media keys? it's practically useless otherwise.

Davidion

flyinpiranha said:
Glad somebody posted it so I didn't have to dig up a pic!

Love this mouse. So awesome for games where you have keys you don't need "that much" but want often.

Have had the Death Adder, G9, Logitech MX1000 (I think, the wireless one on the front page) and this is by far my favorite.

It's not as big as it looks and it feels just like the Death Adder if it put on a couple pounds over Thanksgiving. Took a little getting used to but I'm good now.

How are these for fast RTS/FPS games? I'm always concerned that any nervous twitch would cause my hand to activate one fo the side buttons.

obonicus

drkOne said:
If you don't care about key feedback (normally for FPS) and want to spam the keys, go with Black switches. Example: Steelseries 6G/7G

I recommend people try out black switches first. I found the keys too heavy and somewhat uncomfortable to hold down for prolonged periods. I haven't tried blues, but I really enjoy the browns I'm using. I also really liked unicomp/pckeyboard I picked up ages ago, but it was very loud and though I thought it'd be invincible it broke down after 4 years or so.

Filco sells the Majestouch with any of those switches, and I've yet to see someone who is really dependent on their keyboard(SC2 players, mainly) to recommend Razer/Steelseries over Filco.

I picked up an overclock.net Ducky [9008-G2] (my black was actually a Ducky too, it's in a closet somewhere) and I'm pretty happy, particularly with the media keys/winkey disabling. I do have the reported problem of a few keys wearing off (which isn't a big deal, but a bummer for a $100+ keyboard). On my 9008-G1 with blacks the friction lock on one of the feet also didn't work so well, while on the 9008-G2 one of the rubber sleeves covering the feet came loose. I fixed the latter with superglue, but again, I'm pretty happy with the performance on this keyboard so far.

spootime

Got one of these today
intellimouse.jpg

I couldnt resist the gotfrag quote on the front. Ill have to see how it compares to my mx518

Curufinwe

I'm using the original MS Sidewinder mouse now and have taken my old Logitech G5 to work. Because I have XP not Vista or 7, the button on the back of the mouse opens up the Mouse Properties page which is actually really convenient.

ms-sidewinder-mouse.jpg

It's really nice to have a mouse where games actually detect the thumb buttons. On the G5 games like FEAR wouldn't detect the thumb button at all so I had to create custom key bindings in Setpoint (which it would randomly forget), and in other games it detected the thumb button as "Left".

Just picked this up for cheaps - my first "gaming" mouse. I'm not that bothered about the gaming part, I just love how it looks like the Batmobile. XD

5983322587_ac72191c21_z.jpg

5983323417_b049101aef_z.jpg

woober

InfectedZero said:
Das Keyboard arrived! Holy shit, this is on another level compared to the Black Widow!

I think I may be joining you soon. Black Widow is a bit too loud for me, so I'll be going for the DAS silent version.

I got a das keyboard (silent one with brown switches or something) and it's pretty great so far. the two things that annoy me about it are the space bar and caps lock. My old keyboard had a slanted space bar with a soft edge. The das keyboard has a sharp, high edge.

The shift key was just way too close to A and for the time I removed it. Is there a site I can get a indented shift key that can fit this switch? and space bar too, if that is an option

to ask again about the media keys, is there a way I can still have F1-F8 act as media keys despite the keyboard not carrying that option?

also, the sound isn't too bad. only thing that gets annoying is the backspace button; it's much louder than anything else.

chixdiggit

legacyzero said:
So this is a good mouse then? I've seen it a few times on New Egg. Good price?
Definitely my personal favorite. I like it so much I bought a back up when it was on sale for $38 on Amazon a while back.

remz

Kalnos said:
r9yYM.jpg

Oh I don't, do I?
Eerie, feels like I'm looking at my own desk, hahahah.

kEbQQ.jpg

Highly recommend the Das Ultimate to anyone confident in their typing, awesome keyboard.

Rengoku

legacyzero said:
So this is a good mouse then? I've seen it a few times on New Egg. Good price?

I love this mouse, I had originally bought one 5 years ago, I still use it now. Since then, I've tried a handful of other mice, smaller and fancier for my laptop, they never felt quite right, and last year, I said screw it and bought another one of these.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Still rocking my Intellimouse 3.0!!!!

Top Bottom