• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Low Settings Screenshot Thread

benjipwns

Banned
I set it to low and forgot to change the default resolution, so enjoy 800x600. (When you set it to high it defaults the resolution to 1024x768 lol.)

2012-06-12_00001gfbfl.jpg
2012-06-12_00002col3l.jpg

ATF487

Love the idea behind this thread, I'd reckon most of us don't have PCs that can play everything at the highest level. Surprised how good some of these new games look on low, too

I wonder how many of these games are playable on Intel's Ivy Bridge chipset? I wouldn't mind playing some of these games on a Macbook if I was desperate.
I already own a gaming PC and enjoy good graphics.

jbueno

StarCraft II

sc22012-06-1218-47-58ia72k.png

Geforce Fx 5200

I have a friend that had to play it like that on a crappy laptop with a Core2Duo and Intel integrated graphics, at 800x600, and still only got like really unstable 20 fps. Went through the whole campaign and played MP like that. He still enjoyed it so more power to him I guess.

haikira

This thread is weird, because the worse a game looks like in screens probably means a better job was done porting it, by making it more scalable and optimising for a wider spectrum of machines.

this;

for example, couldn't give a shit.

To be fair. Max Payne 3 is less than a month old, sitting beside games that are a couple of years old. And the particular shot you pulled as an example, is blurred, because that happens during executions.

People in general, seems pretty happy, with how far down in hardware it can run smoothly. Though that's maybe just in contrast to GTA IV. *Shudder*

web01

Spazznid

Guess I'll jump in on the action, too.

First up is Mount & Blade: Warband
7367699890_f131202e1a_b_d.jpg

7367701004_86e29fd610_b_d.jpg

Also, is there a way for Flickr NOT to resize EVERYTHING?! or should I use another site?

Top Bottom