• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Low Settings Screenshot Thread

Slambot6

Neo Member
1low3sq7r.jpg

1low2plom9.jpg

Highest settings: http://abload.de/img/1high6orvz.jpg

I had to play with lowest settings on a laptop with a intel graphics media accelerator a few years back. Man, was so happy when I built myself a computer.

Mud: The Game.

I had a similar experience. I played on lowest on a 11 year old Acer Notebook for a while while my computer was hooped. I still had a blast with it, but wow, Tripwire is not afraid of turning the texture sampling down.

SirNinja

Prepare your eyes.

Ultra low:
8PaETrk.jpg

Ultra high:
kLf1tfw.jpg

(The ultra-low one is with distant land turned on, as that actually makes things worse. This is becuase, on ultra-low, the distant-land mesh is drawn over the local terrain [!] instead of merging with it at its edges, which often results in items and corpses seemingly dropping "below" the ground when they fall.)

Noogy

I have no idea how I missed this thread earlier, but as someone with incredibly fond memories of dedicated GPUs first becoming a thing, I absolutely love what I'm seeing. And yes, I've played plenty of games at their lowest settings. Raw and awesome.

Prepare your eyes.

Ultra low:
8PaETrk.jpg

Ultra high:
kLf1tfw.jpg

(The ultra-low one is with distant land turned on, as that actually makes things worse. This is becuase, on ultra-low, the distant-land mesh is drawn over the local terrain [!] instead of merging with it at its edges, which often results in items and corpses seemingly dropping "below" the ground when they fall.)

That is awesome! I want to get it to play in that mode.

Man, this thread shows how amazing some of the optimization some games have. Couldn't imagine having to build all those super low LOD's and textures. Yikes

Something like this has undoubtedly been posted, but I remember when I ran across a setting in Garry's Mod that let you turn the model LOD in HL2 all the way down, making everything look like it fell out of a PS1 game:

d1_trainstation_030008.jpg

d1_trainstation_030007.jpg

d1_trainstation_030009.jpg

(Yes, that last screenshot has the Halo shotgun in it. Again, this was Garry's Mod)

laxu

Screenshot%202014-07-14%2021.57.42.png

This is from a really old game, Moto Racer. On low settings it had no textures but instead got a fantastically retro look to it!

Lkr

Screenshot%202014-07-14%2021.57.42.png

This is from a really old game, Moto Racer. On low settings it had no textures but instead got a fantastically retro look to it!

could you post a comparison shot? based on your post, this could be a jaw dropping experience

Great topic, getting games that you can max on your desktop to still run well on lower settings on a laptop is a rewarding and fun part of PC gaming.

shandy706

I've wanted to contribute to this thread for a while. My GTX 780 is like "WTF are you doing?"

First Batman, which doesn't look horrid.
vuebng.png

Next Bioshock Infinite, a bit funny
cwdkfz.png

That framerate!
xdzist.png

vgamer1

These shots are how all of my PC gaming looks.

300+ steam games on a 5 year old laptop. Can't wait until I upgrade.

The better the games look on all low settings, the worse they run on my PC.

Top Bottom