• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

pc pubg running like crap lately?

Tesseract

Banned
strange render bugs on the main menu, crashing, lots of ingame stutter, party issues, so on

game is in shit shape right now, the anti-cheat shit they launched is an absolute nightmare

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

This, it's always been busted jank. Fun, but complete jank that looks like it was stitched together in a warehouse. It's going to fall by the wayside now that big hitters like Call of Duty and Battlefield are doing their own modes.

Castef

Banned
The worst thing is the loading screen which remains struck even if the game started.

That's plain horrible.

And no, I can't accept "You video card is old" (GTX970 4GB) reason for that, considering that the very same game ran well till about a month ago.

Tesseract

Banned
enabling anticheat seems to really tank your fps, cause tons of stutter. it's def better now disabled but man are there SO many bugs lol.

Vlaphor

same hardware, up until recently it's ran pretty okay at ultra settings @ 1080p

no real complaints, but the game has serious issues right now

I mainly run PUBG at 1440. I have a 4k tv and it runs like complete ass at that res, and I've noticed very little difference between it running at 1080 and 1440.

Tesseract

Banned
I mainly run PUBG at 1440. I have a 4k tv and it runs like complete ass at that res, and I've noticed very little difference between it running at 1080 and 1440.

weird. i mean as bad as the stuttering is right now, i'm always above 60 fps @ 1080p / ultra settings

telasoman

The only time PUBG ran good, was when that bug came out where all clothing didn't spawn. The game was amazing....

Stupid bluehole and their buggy game...

They just cancelled the 50 vs 50 mode, as someone forgot to unset it to 10 man team mode and realised hours into the 3 day event
Devs are useless, honestly

https://twitter.com/PubG
"
PUBG Help‏Verified account @PUBG_help[/USER] 1h1 hour ago
More

PC Players: Unfortunately, this week's Event Mode has been cancelled due to a critical error.

We apologize for any frustration or disappointment this has caused. Event Mode: Platoon will not be returning next week, but will return at a later date."

Last edited:

-MD-

I don't have much of a problem with performance, my CPU is old as shit but I still get 90+fps usually.

The real problem they need to fix is the desync.

It's a UE4 game not developed by Epic themselves. Of course it runs poorly. I have yet to play a game built on UE4 that runs decent and has the visual fidelity to back up the system requirements.

Tesseract

Banned
it just keeps getting worse and worse

now that you cannot disable the garbage anticheat system, the game is a stuttery mess of horse shit. and the main menu doesn't even work properly, gg blueballs entertainment for screwing that up

getting really close to being done with this, moving to blackout and staying there

Top Bottom