• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC, Xbox exclusive 'Gigantic' may be back from the dead, according to private email

Draugoth

Gold Member
ogPL8bPKCPHUixUk8dwAh9-1200-80.jpg.webp

• Gigantic was an exclusive Xbox One and Windows 8.1 / 10 MOBA.
  • While fun, the game didn't set the world on fire, and the developer sadly shuttered the game not long after launch.
  • Gearbox of Borderlands fame picked up the IP some time later, and may be gearing up to revive the franchise.

According to WindowsCentral, Invites for a private test on 'Gigantic' are being sent via email:

Today to my private email account, I received an invitation to a private gameplay session this upcoming weekend, dubbed a Gigantic "Throwback" event. The event also includes some new gameplay modes, previously unavailable in the game until now. Would Gearbox, who now owns the game, really be committing development to the title if they weren't exploring bringing it back?

"YOU’RE INVITED TO PLAY GIGANTIC (AGAIN!) DURING OUR LIMITED TIME THROWBACK EVENT!" The email exclaims, "Play Gigantic once more on October 5 at 21:00 CEST – October 7 at 06:00 CEST and re-live the good old days of playing this beloved strategic hero shooter!"

"You’ve been invited to play Gigantic and participate in our Gigantic Throwback Event: a limited time event from Thursday, October 5 at 21:00 CEST to Saturday, October 7 at 06:00 CEST that gives you the chance to re‑experience this unforgettable strategic hero shooter once more with fellow Gigantic fans!"

The limited-time event "fan version" of the game features a huge array of new features, including revamped tutorials, build load-out systems, a new quick "rush mode," a new progression system, and much more.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Huch, well that is surpising, i only played few rounds, but it was quite good.

Edit: I got an invite.

Last edited:
Top Bottom