• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pence supports Trump's Charlottesville comments

Valhelm

contribute something
Nobody on Gaf would deny -- openly, at least -- that Pence is a piece of shit. There's also a good chance he might actually be able to pass the shit Trump talked about.

This doesn't mean impeachment would be a bad thing. Pulling Trump out of the Oval Office would be a huge blow to the GOP at large. If he's somehow removed from office before his term is over, the next election should be a wash. There's also a great chance that whatever evidence is used to indict our current president will also implicate his copilot.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Of course he does

67296d1412450000t-s-so-huge-frank-underwood-eye-roll-gif.gif

Blader

Pence must support everything Trump says and does; he can't not support him, his programming won't allow it.

I also think, regardless of his true beliefs, a President Pence would've also never drawn the equivalency that Trump did. He might sure as hell think it and say so in private, but Trump said what he said because he's too stupid not to, not because he's uniquely racist. Nixon unleashed an incredible amount of racist, anti-Semitic, homophobic, just vile shit privately in the White House that never made it into his actual public remarks.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Pence is on a diplomatic tour in Latin America, he would've been wise to just shut up and let this blow over while maintaining relationships with allies (all while doubling down on Trump's Venezuela remarks), but it seems that he wants shit to be thrown at him too.

Kenai

Used to live in Indiana so I know the human trash that is Mike Pence well. One silver lining in all this is a lot of his personal agenda being lower priority and getting ignored by Trump due to his other stuff failing over and over.

I wouldn't be so sure of him being a total lame duck with Trump out of the way though. Unless the scandals bring him down too

Seik

Banned
Pence is basically Trump but not quite as dumb.

Yeah, he's just a more presentable devil who doesn't constantly tweet and have a better vocabulary.

Better vocabulary being saying the same things in a more hypocritical, polite and less inflamatory way.

Overall, he's the basic GOP member. :lol

LiK

And none of the charisma.

Yeah, he's just a more presentable devil who doesn't constantly tweet and have a better vocabulary.

Better vocabulary being saying the same things in a more hypocritical, polite and less inflamatory way.

Overall, he's the basic GOP member. :lol

No pence is fucking stupid

He doesn't have the design to keep talking all the time like trump

But he's a fucking moron

I agree with everything.

I feel like Pence is just gonna get dragged down once Mueller concludes his investigation, so even if he DID get to sit in Mother's big boy chair after some sort of impeachment, it wouldn't last long.

And they can impeach him, too. Vice Presidents have been impeached before.

President Ryan or President Hatch, though...

Shaanyboi

Banned
Pence would declare open season on gay people if he could. No fucking surprise he has the moral backbone equivalent to a fucking wafer

Ascenion

What the hell did you expect? Him to openly not support his President? Pence is just playing along until he can drop the Vice part of his title. He's still a piece of shit just not of the same caliber as Trump.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
What the hell did you expect? Him to openly not support his President? Pence is just playing along until he can drop the Vice part of his title. He's still a piece of shit just not of the same caliber as Trump.

All I can say is that President Paul Ryan is looking pretty good right about now.

Oozer3993

Pence has turned into his own Onion parody.

"President Trump Demands Congress Pass A Resolution Supporting 'Great Taste' Over 'Less Filling.' Vice President Pence Strongly Supports It."

"At Memorial Service For Slain Trooper, President Trump Gives Speech Consisting Entirely Of Barks and Yelps. Vice President Calls It Eloquent."

"VP Pence Calls President's Birthday Gift Of A Dead Rat 'Beautiful' And 'Touching'"

"White House Correspondents Report Hearing Loud Slapping And Repeated Yelps of 'Thank You, Sir, May I Have Another' Coming From Vice President's Residence"

Linkark07

Banned
Pence is on a diplomatic tour in Latin America, he would've been wise to just shut up and let this blow over while maintaining relationships with allies (all while doubling down on Trump's Venezuela remarks), but it seems that he wants shit to be thrown at him too.

He is coming here tomorrow, a country which Mestizos are most of the population. I would love to see protests tomorrow after agreeing with Orange Turd.

Beartruck

I feel like Pence is just gonna get dragged down once Mueller concludes his investigation, so even if he DID get to sit in Mother's big boy chair after some sort of impeachment, it wouldn't last long.

And they can impeach him, too. Vice Presidents have been impeached before.

President Ryan or President Hatch, though...

If Dems capture the house in 2018, it'd be President Pelosi. :)

DrSlek

Exactly this. He's an actual politician, rather than a narcisistic businessman pretending to be a politician. If it were more politically beneficial for him to stay silent, he would have.

I'm not surprised. Pence is just going to ride out this presidency hoping he can avoid pissing off Trump's base enough to have a chance to run in 2020. It's deplorable, but an obvious strategic move.

I just wish, naively, that Republicans would call out Trump by name and hold him accountable. I mean apparently there are enough racist/stupid people in my part of the country that a Republican can say and do pretty much anything nowadays, but surely you can be vaguely a good and moral person, right?

I mean, Pence has always been the bland mayo to the Baloney sandwich that is Trump. He'll just sorta be there and agree with anything he says to keep his position.

Frankly, that's the only way Trump could keep a Vice President (...though can you fire a VP?). They're made for each other lol

Foundling

Well... yes? Or rather, not to "openly not support" Trump, but to not openly support Trump, at least on this issue. This was absolutely a case where a winning move for Pence was simply not to do anything. Literally doing nothing at all would've been better.

If we assume that Pence wants a political career of some kind post-Trump, you have to figure his best bet is "well-meaning guy who didn't know what he was in for but made the best of it and tried to keep Trump from too many excesses." Right? So he sort of just keeps quiet for most stuff, occasionally angles away from Trump when he can easily get away with it (and let's be real, if there was ever a time you could easily get away with it, it's now), and generally tries to act like the adult in the room.

That's... not this. I have no idea what this is. Complicity with one of the biggest and most easily avoidable fuckups of the Trump era so far, I guess. I mean. What's Trump going to do if Pence doesn't comply here? Fire him?

hydruxo

Pence is an emotionless shell of a human being, so this doesn't surprise me. He'll go along with anything Trump wants him to say and/or do.

If Trump gets impeached; I don't expect Pence to escape that sinking ship either.

Top Bottom