• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Penny-Arcade] "Good Luck"

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
20040625l.jpg

I think this is one of those P-As that you have to read a novel to "get".

Edit: Oh wait. Nevermind. It's still not that funny.

hirokazu

i found this one funnier than the previous one, though i'm not quite sure why... what has this one have that's related to anything?

Tenguman

They blow the punchline in the first panel so that the 2nd panel kills the joke and the 3rd beats its dead body with a club.

For those of you who don't get it:

It's about Star Wars Galaxies. The guy had a bunch of credits and decided sell them on eBay, as is common with lots of MMORPGs. He got owned in the transaction by sending the credits to the other player before receiving real money over PayPal or something (idot). He called the FBI to have them investigate (as this is a crime comitted across state lines) and he's trying to explain to the FBI guy exactly what happened. The FBI guy obviously doesn't get it and believes his time is being wasted, so he offers to kill the guy.

With that said, :lol

Alcibiades

StrikerObi said:

It's about Star Wars Galaxies. The guy had a bunch of credits and decided sell them on eBay, as is common with lots of MMORPGs. He got owned in the transaction by sending the credits to the other player before receiving real money over PayPal or something (idot). He called the FBI to have them investigate (as this is a crime comitted across state lines) and he's trying to explain to the FBI guy exactly what happened. The FBI guy obviously doesn't get it and believes his time is being wasted, so he offers to kill the guy.

oh, ok...

lol

poor guy hope he gets paid...

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
hmm..

the first two panels aren't funny.. even knowing the story they aren't funny...

the third panel is freaking hysterical though.. I don't know how anyone wouldn't find that funny..

honestly this is one of the best panels PA has done in a long time.. while the first two panels won't make a bit of sense without reading the news, the third panel still makes complete sense and delivers a hilarious punchline.

edit - and technically it is not illegal if the buyer never sent the money. against ebay policy certainly, but not illegal.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Tenguman said:
They blow the punchline in the first panel so that the 2nd panel kills the joke and the 3rd beats its dead body with a club.

hmm.. I disagree.. I didn't find the pucnline having anything to do with SWG.. I just thought it was the dude threatening to kill him.. the FBI agent getting annoyed was the setup....

darscot

When all you guys post that it isn't funny or that you dont get it, I always think how stupid do you have to be to not be able to get a PA. It's starting to be the best part of the PA threads is just laughin at all the people that come in here only to say I'm stupid.

signet

StrikerObi said:

Almost got it.

The seller got the money from the buyer via Paypal 1st, handed over the "goods" in game than the buyer retracted his paypal payment.

Paypal does not protect sellers in these situations so there is a large amount of fraud going on.

I have sold about 5 EQ accounts over the years, and I have been scammed like this twice. Luckily I was able to recover both EQ account promptly with no items missing.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
fenekku-gitsune said:
Not even I like this one! And I'll laugh at anything! Even dead babies!
o_o

Yeah I guess the concept was funny. The strip just wasn't. How often does the paypall scam occur?

Top Bottom