• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People are streaming "shows" via PS4 twitch..

satam55

Banned
Is there a way to make your stream invite only on Twitch? I would like to allow my family to see my 6 yr old daughter to play without the ugliness of the internet allowed to creep in.

We need private streams, badly. There's a whole host of issues right now between the PS4 app abilities and people watching on the PC. Streaming on the PS4 is an instant madhouse.

Yep, we badly need a Google Hangouts app on PS4.

Dukey

Banned
I was using the stream viewer on my PS4 last night and found a fat guy and his fat wife sitting on a couch eating and insulting anyone that complained about them not playing games. It was mesmerizing...for about 3 seconds and then I switched to another non-game chat with a dude taking questions about how to use the PS4 feature-set. It was pretty good.

thanks for all the responses. I think I will hold off on letting my kid on till they get that figured out. I am not trying to have weirdos in my house or watching my kid. It is a cool feature but not ready for family time ha

It's probably Twitch limiting it since it's on their end. I imagine some people will do streaming for novelty when they first their PS4 and they want to avoid archiving a bunch of stuff from launch buyers who wont use it more than once or twice.

From what the article said it is Sony and Microsoft.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
From what the article said it is Sony and Microsoft.

Well I'll just keep using the capture card then although I'd do that anyways since the layout they use for streaming is pretty crappy.

okay i found it on twitch. you can remove the directory search on your channel and set an access code. thanks all

Oh so it does work! I thought it'd be odd if just streaming with the PS4 would remove privacy settings on Twitch.

Vizzeh

Banned
There were a bunch of admins watching the stream as well, saying how much they were enjoying it and that they would never ban him :lol

He was random, I did laugh a few times, I think it was the novelty of the livestream on my PS4, So he wasnt banned then, hamburger may return.

Some idiot is streaming wiiu thru playroom

Buy a capture card or gtfo. No one wants to see this low quality 2nd screen shit. Same to the spartan show. Its so old hat

Dukey

Banned
All it will take is for Sony to move streaming behind the paywall and then start banning accounts of people that abuse the privilege.

Why can I only see certain streams on the twitch android app? Like you guys will post links to streams here and I go search for them on the app and it won't let me watch most of them?

Grinchy

Banned
One thing that's become kind of addicting is clicking on streams that have no viewers yet just to see if it's someone who is going to do something inappropriate and get banned.

MOPP 4

Banned
I really hope MS jumps on this trend and makes live streaming straight from the Kinnect.

Wanna see what the average CODbro would talk about.

All it will take is for Sony to move streaming behind the paywall and then start banning accounts of people that abuse the privilege.
Isn't playroom the only software that does a fullscreen camera view like that though? What's the point of burying the whole feature behind a subscription?

a comment on twitch to a girl:

CAN YOU PLEASE GET CLOSER TO THE CAMERA SO WE CAN SEE YOUR JEWELERY

*girl starts to move*

guys girlfriend: you know thats just a dude wanting to see what you look like right

you gotta be slicker than that people lol

SOLDIER

I was thinking of doing themed discussions on Twitch, like a night about anime or a night about RPGs. Q&A type stuff, nothing special.

Would there be enough people on GAF interested to make that a private channel?

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
I have a feeling Twitch is watching this thread. Seems every channel posted gets banned within minutes.

Gaz_RB

lol people are using playroom to stream tv shows? god damn

It's like people just discovered streaming existed all over again

a comment on twitch to a girl:

CAN YOU PLEASE GET CLOSER TO THE CAMERA SO WE CAN SEE YOUR JEWELERY

*girl starts to move*

guys girlfriend: you know thats just a dude wanting to see what you look like right

you gotta be slicker than that people lol
Haha, that's awesome! I'll have to remember to watch these on Friday and Saturday nights when people drink and do stupid, yet amusing things.

Top Bottom