• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pepsi releases an amazing new ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do their ads look like in the south?
new-signjpg-67b518d064f53901.jpg
on literally every piece of Pepsi advertisement on tv, gas stations, grocery stores, their trucks, multiple times in a single radio spot...

Desperate and pathetic.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Soft drink ads tend to be horrible. Like that coke ad in theaters where a bunch of fit young people are singing like a glee club with troughs of food and sugar water. Those people don't eat that shit.

Calm Mind

How is this bad exactly? Seems like a perfectly harmless ad.

^^ Oh I get it. NeoGAF is out of touch. *insert Skinner.gif*

Aselith

Hey we get it, guys. There are important social issues going on right now ill bet all that revolution works up quite a thirst though, huh?

Boem

So I'm out of the loop here a bit, judging by the reactions and the youtube comments. Who in the world is this Kendal and why am I supposed to hate her?

This ad though: yeah, it's a lot of very beautiful people happily protesting...a lack of pepsi among police officers? At the very least I like that it's a diverse cast, but man, yeah, a big soda corporation trying to make these protests sexy when there are actually giant real life things happening now...that's weird. Definitely bad taste, or at the very least a major misjudgment.

But I still feel like there's something I'm missing.

NateDrake

So a Pepsi will bring peace and end all social and political conflict? Or is the enjoyment of Pepsi something all people have in common? What is the ad trying to say?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I can't wait for the Under Armor commercial where the KKK guy needs something to whick away the sweat under his robes and hood while he burns crosses.

"this protest brought to you by diabetes"

LOL

WTF were they smoking? How fucking out of touch and tone deaf do you have to be to approve this ad?

I watched the long one first and the first bit I was like, "this isn't so bad." Then the end was a total "WTF!"

Then I watched the short one and it was just the end without any of the context - way worse.

Corpekata

Banned
Huh, am I missing something?

What's wrong with the ad?

I'm struggling to see how anyone can think this ad is remotely normal.

It at first glance looks like something the Onion would make to make fun of companies bogarting social ideas and real life problems to sell you crap.

Galang

Banned
Mess at anyone missing what the outrage is for. You can make a bunch of cases against the commercial, but even ignoring those... the inclusion of the police at the end of this is fucked up. They really tried it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom