• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PepsiCo planning to launch organic Gatorade, non-GMO Tropicana juices in 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.businessinsider.com/pepsi-is-launching-organic-gatorade-2015-12

PepsiCo is going to launch an organic Gatorade, as the company increasingly looks outside of the soda industry for growth.

Al Carey, the CEO of PepsiCo Americas Beverages, said that the company would debut an organic version of the sports drink next year.

“It’s a consumer interest,” Carey said at Beverage Digest’s Future Smarts conference on Monday. “I think they’re very interested in non-GMO and organic, and to the degree you can make it meaningful to the consumer — do it.”

The company is also launching a line of non-GMO labeled Tropicana juices in 2016.

Carey additionally highlighted recent and upcoming new PepsiCo products such as Mountain Dew Kickstart (a take on Mountain Dew with ingredients like fruit juice and coconut water), flavored Aquafina water and vintage-inspired sodas like Caleb’s Kola, 1893, and Dewshine.

Much of the company’s current growth areas are outside of the traditional soft drink market. PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi told investors in October that focusing solely on carbonated soft drinks is “a thing of the past.”

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Papaya is one of the only, if the only GM fruit there is, and saved the papaya blight that endangered many Hawaiian farms back in the day.

Forgot the Article Apple, but who doesn't want an apple that doesn't brown?

I can't believe people fall for this "health washing" marketing.

HUELEN10

As long as non-non GMO and non-organic Tropicana continue being sold, I am okay with this.

If not, fuck the anti-science dumb masses.

Papaya is one of the only, if the only GM fruit there is, and saved the papaya blight that endangered many Hawaiian farms back in the day.

because it's easier to listen food babe blame all the corporations for putting "chemicals" in your food that you don't really understand than it is to actually do the research on what this stuff is.

food babe is the worst fucking person there is. spouting nonsense and every time someone calls them out on their garbage, their supporters come to their defense without even looking at the criticism. it's just like that preacher who claimed Starbucks was declaring a "war on christmas" for changing their holiday cup designs.

Ryuukan

I tried this shit once, it was pretty bad

gatorade_natural.jpg

wonder if the organic ones will be even worse

Speaking of HFCS, if you guys can try and order Mexican Coke online.

If you want to taste and literally feel the difference between a soda made with sugar and a soda made with HFCS, it's the best way to do it (HFCS makes soda really thick, you'll be shocked how smooth Mexican Coke is)

Mael

Good for those who cares,
As long as the juice you're selling is anything but pure juice from non shitty version of fruits I'm not interested.
Nice try though.

MFishy

Banned
How about a version of Gatorade with half the sugar?

You know, the original recipe?

(Remember how Gatorade used to taste like sweat? Ever wonder why it tastes like candy now? A billion grams of added sugar)

And how about real orange juice, not 2 year old syrup with juice flavoring added?

Clefargle

Everything food is organic (carbon containing)

Everything with DNA has been GM through centuries of atmrtificial selection. These labels mean nothing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Original gatorade was delicious. They made it too sweet after expanding beyond the first two flavors. Then they made fake sugar versions which are way too sweet

Everything food is organic (carbon containing)

Everything with DNA has been GM through centuries of atmrtificial selection. These labels mean nothing.

Of course

But the people who freak out about GMO shit don't need to know that, and with those label you can rake in the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Papaya, right above mango, is the most inconsistent fruit. Almost every single papaya tastes like either an angry raw potato or a blue cheese mousse, but a perfect papaya is revelatory. Unfortunately you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince. And no old wive's tales to detect a good one actually work.

Papaya, right above mango, is the most inconsistent fruit. Almost every single papaya tastes like either an angry raw potato or a blue cheese mousse, but a perfect papaya is revelatory. Unfortunately you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince. And no old wive's tales to detect a good one actually work.

I'll kiss the frog, but only if it's not GMO

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
because it's easier to listen food babe blame all the corporations for putting "chemicals" in your food that you don't really understand than it is to actually do the research on what this stuff is.

food babe is the worst fucking person there is. spouting nonsense and every time someone calls them out on their garbage, their supporters come to their defense without even looking at the criticism. it's just like that preacher who claimed Starbucks was declaring a "war on christmas" for changing their holiday cup designs.

Starbucks cups were so lol

Perfect chance to share my son's newest parody, Starbucks is the Antichrist : D

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGIK3ghOqn0

Clefargle

Of course

But the people who freak out about GMO shit don't need to know that, and with those label you can rake in the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I know, my mother is one of them. I see her buying products daily because they say "natural, organic, X free, non-GMO, ect". It pisses me off and when I try to talk to her about it her responses remind me of:

It's+What+Plants+Crave!+2+(Edit).jpg

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia

Yeah I immediately thought 'I guess the GMO papaya might be in juices but... it's like the best, most positive example of a GMO out there'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom