• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 also launching on PS4, releasing 2015 ["waifu"/"husbando" crap = ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mollipen

I can't take it. That main character. HE'S SO PRETTY! All I can picture is him being wall banged by a cool upperclassman boy or secretly trying on dresses in his bedroom or something similar.

I'm never going to survive the further reveals of this game.

cj_iwakura

The animation reminds me of Devil Survivor 2's.

Possible female designs?

OcerNdK.jpg

Jachaos

Sounds like I can pack my PS3 away then. Not a single thing I want for it now. WOO

Get double Platinum trophies for Persona 5 of course.

Actually it's Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and PS+ games for me, PS4/Wii U/3DS/Vita will be getting most of my time

Estellise

I could go for a strict megane type for a protag. He's probably got a real intellectual side. Oh yes please and thank you, Atlus.

still buying on PS3. If it was a PS4 exclusive in the first place a PS4 would be bought but since its not theres no reason for it

Damn, check out those glasses. Dude looks intellectual.

It's also getting hard to resist moving on up to current gen now.

I said that if Persona 5 got a PS4 port, I'll buy a PS4.

Even if it's only for one game, Persona 5 is enough to get me to upgrade.

It's funny how that works.

ubiblu

Going to emancipate myself to this news later tonight. P4G is seriously one of the greatest games of all-time.

Sucks that the game got delayed but a ps4 version now exists! I wonder what kind of differences does ps4 version have? Outside of resolution and frame gate

HomesIice

MC reminds me of the MC in Devil Survivor 2 minus the glasses

Either way, might have to invest in a PS3/PS4 ((((or just wait for P5G))))

ZeroX03

Banned
yeah, that's true. if it's just a weird coincidence or stylistic choice i'd be surprised, though - maybe we're investigating something from the past and there's flashbacks or something.

It's very like a conscious stylistic choice. General theme of the game seems to be a little more serious and less bombastic than P3/P4. The chairs & chains, private/prep school look of the protagonist. Might not be literally 70s flashbacks but rather design choices to invoke the era and a feeling of oppression. The series is very good at using all elements of the games (text, logos, HUD, etc) to contribute to the overall feel and themes of the games.

People serious about getting rid of their ps3 for this. I doubt neither is going to be pushing shit.

It's not due to best graphics possible. It's due to many keeping their PS3s specifically because of this game. Now there's no point (Assuming logically that it comes to ps4 as well in west)

Cess007

Totally excited! Can't wait to play this next year! Now i wanna see the rest of the cast (and hear some new Meguro tracks)!

Namco, now make Zestiria for PS4 and after this december i can pack-up my PS3 forever! :D

Nyoro SF

I note that the P5 protagonist on top of looking decidedly normal, also appears older than your average high school student. It is likely he is a senior at the very least.

-PXG-

Is anyone really shocked? I figured it would get a port later on, just like P4 did from PS2 to Vita. But a simultaneous release? That's the surprise I suppose.

sgjackson

It's very like a conscious stylistic choice. General theme of the game seems to be a little more serious and less bombastic than P3/P4. The chairs & chains, private/prep school look of the protagonist. Might not be literally 70s flashbacks but rather design choices to invoke the era and a feeling of oppression. The series is very good at using all elements of the games (text, logos, HUD, etc) to contribute to the overall feel and themes of the games.

i can see that. either way i dig it.

santeesioux

I may be full of crap, but isn't Persona bigger in the West? If so, it makes sense to port it over to the most popular console there.

oh shit
this is a real thing
this is a thing that's coming out
this is a thing that could be coming out soon

JjwincialwmOcnirbfiauwychrnfiwkd
FUUIUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YES

I may be full of crap, but isn't Persona bigger in the West? If so, it makes sense to port it over to the most popular console there.

its Atlus's biggest franchise in general but yes Persona (most notably P3 and P4) are the most popular SMT related games in the West

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom