• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 DLC Price and Release Dates

duckroll

For those wondering about the P2W aspects of the DLC Persona, here's a preview at the exclusive skill each one has:

Kaguya (lvl16) - Shining Arrows [Deal 4 to 8 times weak Bless damage to all foes. 22 SP]

Izanagi (lvl20) - Cross Slash [Deal 2 times heavy Phys damage to 1 foe. High accuracy. 20% HP]

Orpheus (lvl26) - Cadenza [Restore 50% HP of party and increase evasion rate. 24 SP]

Ariadne (lvl30) - String Art Beast [Deal grave Phys damage to 1 foe and user is debuffed with Tarunda. 20% HP]

Magatsu-Izanagi (lvl44) - Magatsu Mandala [Deal heavy Curse damage to all foes and inflict Confuse/Fear/Despair (medium odds). 30 SP]

Tsukiyomi (lvl50) - Purgatorial Wing [Deal severe Curse damage to all foes. 30 SP]

Asterius (lvl56) - Titanomachia [Deal severe Fire damage to all foes and inflict Fear (high odds). 34 SP]

Thanatos (lvl65) - Door of Hades [Deal heavy Almighty damage to all foes with medium chance of instant kill. 32 SP]

Messiah (lvl81) - Oratorio [Fully restore party's HP and negate all -nda debuffs. 38 SP]

These are JUST the unique skills. Each also comes with really good skill sets in general which are far beyond what other Persona at that level range offer. Each DLC also comes with a stronger higher level Picaro version of each Persona. And the DLC Persona can all be itemized into unique accessories which are really good, while the Picaro versions itemize into skillcards of really good skills (not the unique ones). The unique skills cannot be inherited.

Oh and when you buy the DLC Persona, they can be summoned from the Velvet Room at 0 cost the first time, with no level restrictions. :)

Atlus: Friends! Please pay us to win!

Gator86

For those wondering about the P2W aspects of the DLC Persona, here's a preview at the exclusive skill each one has:

Kaguya (lvl16) - Shining Arrows [Deal 4 to 8 times weak Bless damage to all foes. 22 SP]

Izanagi (lvl20) - Cross Slash [Deal 2 times heavy Phys damage to 1 foe. High accuracy. 20% HP]

Orpheus (lvl26) - Cadenza [Restore 50% HP of party and increase evasion rate. 24 SP]

Ariadne (lvl30) - String Art Beast [Deal grave Phys damage to 1 foe and user is debuffed with Tarunda. 20% HP]

Magatsu-Izanagi (lvl44) - Magatsu Mandala [Deal heavy Curse damage to all foes and inflict Confuse/Fear/Despair (medium odds). 30 SP]

Tsukiyomi (lvl50) - Purgatorial Wing [Deal severe Curse damage to all foes. 30 SP]

Asterius (lvl56) - Titanomachia [Deal severe Fire damage to all foes and inflict Fear (high odds). 34 SP]

Thanatos (lvl65) - Door of Hades [Deal heavy Almighty damage to all foes with medium chance of instant kill. 32 SP]

Messiah (lvl81) - Oratorio [Fully restore party's HP and negate all -nda debuffs. 38 SP]

These are JUST the unique skills. Each also comes with really good skill sets in general which are far beyond what other Persona at that level range offer. Each DLC also comes with a stronger higher level Picaro version of each Persona. And the DLC Persona can all be itemized into unique accessories which are really good, while the Picaro versions itemize into skillcards of really good skills (not the unique ones). The unique skills cannot be inherited.

Oh and when you buy the DLC Persona, they can be summoned from the Velvet Room at 0 cost the first time, with no level restrictions. :)

Just the free Izanagi alone felt like it invalidated the game's difficulty on normal. That early Null Phys is the definition of broken. I think I died like 3 or 4 times in over 110 hours. I can't imagine playing on anything less than max difficulty with two or more.

ZangBa

I feel like the game isn't nearly challenging enough or even competitive for P2W to really apply. I just see those as nostalgia DLC.

duckroll

I feel like the game isn't nearly challenging enough or even competitive for P2W to really apply. I just see those as nostalgia DLC.

P2W doesn't require a game to be challenging or competitive to apply though. Only for players to have a goal and that goal made significantly easier by paying for something. In the case of P5, the P2W here isn't just about clearing the game, but about the building of Persona with strong skill sets and being able to defend against to hit crits/weaknesses in battles for more satisfying battle flow. Simply buying and adding the DLC Persona to the game changes the fusion formula and makes creating certain builds way faster/easier.

Source: I bought all of them. No regrets!

ZangBa

P2W doesn't require a game to be challenging or competitive to apply though. Only for players to have a goal and that goal made significantly easier by paying for something. In the case of P5, the P2W here isn't just about clearing the game, but about the building of Persona with strong skill sets and being able to defend against to hit crits/weaknesses in battles for more satisfying battle flow. Simply buying and adding the DLC Persona to the game changes the fusion formula and makes creating certain builds way faster/easier.

I feel like P2W is the wrong term for this, since it usually pertains to multiplayer games where it definitely applys and is an issue. I understand that it makes it easier, but I feel like P2W as a term represents a bad situation where playing normally is considered severally handicapped or a waste of time. I don't think I could say that with Persona 5. I was too cheap and lazy to fuse much because I didn't want switch around arcanas for my confidants and I ended up having a really easy time regardless.

loki 16

Do you need to buy the DLC personas to complete the compendium and get the trophy?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
If I order the persona sets, do I have access to that persona right away, at any level, or is there a pre-req?

hughesta

Banned
I gave up on completing the compendium once I realized I missed the third palace
Treasure Persona

fuck this doesn't really belong in this thread I'm sorry I saw a post above and got lost in my thoughts

I'm steering clear of the DLC Personas for my first playthrough. Maybe for NG+ I'll bust some out.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I love the uniforms in Persona 2 but I think it has the worst battle theme of the series. :(
Still buying...

You can equip p2 costumes for your entire party and have your protag wear something different so the music isn't p2. Might be a good compromise :)

Meia

You can equip p2 costumes for your entire party and have your protag wear something different so the music isn't p2. Might be a good compromise :)

Is that how it works for the DLC, the music is tied to which outfit the protag wears? Was actually curious about that as I only have the ending to sit through before I embark on game +, the thing I was waiting on to do costumes. :p

Caim

Is that how it works for the DLC, the music is tied to which outfit the protag wears? Was actually curious about that as I only have the ending to sit through before I embark on game +, the thing I was waiting on to do costumes. :p

Yeah the music is tied to the MC.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Yep. You can mix and match all the outfits and accessories on all characters. The music is dictated solely by protag outfit. Protag does not even have to wear the corresponding accessory.

Arkeband

Banned
While the P2W DLC is a problem, I first recognized it happening in SMT4, dunno if it was also occurring earlier in the series.

Kind of glad I didn't need any of it, the game is fairly easy on Normal.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
If only there were some longass post at the top of this very page which specifically answers that question... :p
Ha! Pay2Win DLC Persona is basically what I was hoping for. 💩

Final question ducky: if I were to buy one DLC persona, what would it be? My criteria:
- Not too OP with offensive skills
- Good support Skills
- Enough stats to bolster survival at the beginning of the game, but not break it

duckroll

If you're looking for a strong early game Persona which doesn't end up particularly broken, Orpheus is probably it. Izanagi is pretty OP when it comes to physical attacks, and Kaguya is imo, completely broken because it's such an early level Persona but has superb healing, bless attack, and learns Repel Phys way too soon.

Orpheus is very useful because of the 50% party heal + evade up spell. He's a good Fire attacker but not particularly OP. Has Endure, Tarunda, and Marakukaja. You also get Orpheus Picaro with the DLC, which has stronger fire spells, along with Matarunda and Matarukaja. At the lvl20-30+ range, this is probably the most "fair" DLC Persona, if there is such a thing. Lol.

I didn't really start using the dlc personas until I was the level needed to fuse them. Once I bought Orpheus Picaro, I felt it was too o.p. begining of the game. Same reason why I haven't touched Magatsu Izanagi yet.

The Shadow Ops costumes are the best though.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
If you're looking for a strong early game Persona which doesn't end up particularly broken, Orpheus is probably it. Izanagi is pretty OP when it comes to physical attacks, and Kaguya is imo, completely broken because it's such an early level Persona but has superb healing, bless attack, and learns Repel Phys way too soon.

Orpheus is very useful because of the 50% party heal + evade up spell. He's a good Fire attacker but not particularly OP. Has Endure, Tarunda, and Marakukaja. You also get Orpheus Picaro with the DLC, which has stronger fire spells, along with Matarunda and Matarukaja. At the lvl20-30+ range, this is probably the most "fair" DLC Persona, if there is such a thing. Lol.
Bought. Thank you!

gryvan

lololol holy shit some of those skills...what in the absolute fuck?

who needs difficulty settings with those personas...

PInk Tape

Banned
Bought:
Dancing all Night
Kaguya

Will buy:
P3
Catherine

Considering:
P2

I do want all of them but I can't justify buying them all >.>

PInk Tape

Banned
Mona looks so cute in the Aigis, Trish, and sheep costumes.

a6jVv0g.gif

duckroll

Mona's costumes are the ones they clearly put the most effort into for every pack. They should sell a Mona Costume Pack that includes all the Mona costumes from all the packs, for like 10 bucks. I bet that would sell REALLY well. :p

Top Bottom