• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 New Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The art style looks amazing so far, reminds me of Catherine's in a way plus the gameplay looks great. Hopefully they announce a release date soon.

Takamaki Anne? Hope I'm not being ignorant, but Anne doesn't sound very Japanese. Is she perhaps from somewhere else?

Anne is a finnish name, you might find some in other nordic countries but it's definetly a traditional finnish name.

Also, if someone is really bored,
I wouldn't mind "cleaned up" version of my avatar pic. Getting rid of the background basicly. From this post.

Logash

Anne souds very french. She's blonde. Maybe she got one french/western parents. I doubt they went with Anne for an american girl. It's a bit specific.

Could be English as well. I mean I don't see why she would be one over the other. Anne could be American, English, French or any number of other western identities.

Namikaze

Looks great. Sad we don't have more of JRPGs in this style, instead there's too much of the horrible waifuuuuu-jailbait uguuu~ animu crap. Nevertheless, it's a good time to be a JRPG fan with this, Xenoblade X, Fire Emblem if, TitS SC, new Ys & FFXV being released within a year of each other.

You're basically describing major parts of the last two mainline Persona titles..

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
apparently there's a P5 blu-ray that comes with P4 Dancing All Night, pretty much confirms that this game is a late 2015 release. Yesshhhh, such a long wait.

Me looking that sexy graphics in the trailer.

tumblr_m1me2i5rvd1qhi2rlo1_500.gif
Is that you fapping to the trailer in a public bathroom?

And damn, this thread moves faster than I can breathe.

Zenfalcia

Anne souds very french. She's blonde. Maybe she got one french/western parents. I doubt they went with Anne for an american girl. It's a bit specific.

If she is foreign, my guess is she's part British/UK, which comes from my observations of white, red, and blue stripes. This is pure speculation as it could mean nothing at all.

Could be English as well. I mean I don't see why she would be one over the other. Anne could be American, English, French or any number of other western identities.

Anne is waaaay to sophisticated for an american girl ; ) I bet French or Brit parent hehe

Could be American. In Persona 2 they had Lisa Silverman who was American, white, and blonde.

bomblord1

Banned
Now that this thread has slowed down I'de like to interject something I noticed in the trailer. If it was discussed on another page I apologize.

At the end of the clip they did the persona animation/transformation effect (blue fire) and sound (the shattering glass sound) but instead of a persona appearing a literal mask appeared on the character's face accompanied by a matching costume (previous games personas were figurative ones).

Anyone think that persona's will be different masks the character wears this time around instead of different summons?

Zukkoyaki

I was excited before but now this might seriously be my most anticipated game ever. I've been in a joyous mood all because I woke up to that glorious trailer.

Everything about it was amazing. The art, the music, the characters, the gameplay snippets, the story premise, EVERYTHING!

What excites me even more is the overwhelming praise and attention this trailer is receiving. Literally the entire industry is talking about. Prominent to not-so-prominent journalists from large outlets and small outlets, developers from all over the globe and spectrum, along with every major website raving about it. As a long-time series fan, it brings me great joy!

Mman235

Looks great. Sad we don't have more of JRPGs in this style, instead there's too much of the horrible waifuuuuu-jailbait uguuu~ animu crap. Nevertheless, it's a good time to be a JRPG fan with this, Xenoblade X, Fire Emblem if, TitS SC, new Ys & FFXV being released within a year of each other.

Recently both J and W RPG's seem to have started going through a glorious revival.

wmlk

One of them is actually coming out before I turn 30 anyway.

I think the FFXV hype will get real if/when we see more Versus elements and Accordo and Lucis.

I said in the other thread, but the difference is that I can put blind faith into Atlus and expect a great game already. The opposite is true for SE.

robo_qwop

so anyone have theories on what's happening to this train conductor(?) in the trailer?

Based on those interviews earlier today:
--He's working one of the most oppressive, dead end jobs imaginable with no means of escape. He desires freedom, even if that means running a subway car off the rails.
--If only there was an international thief that could "steal your heart" and offer up freedom before becoming overcome with despair.
--Each dungeon is a mission to free/steal somebody's "dark" heart before they "go off the rails".
P5 in a nutshell.

DJIzana

This will be my first Persona game I'll be playing. (No longer have my PS2, 3 or Vita). I'm hyped!!!! Will enjoy this beauty on PS4. JRPG's are coming! :D

Aizo

Banned
I've so far not really enjoyed Persona games, but that was such a stylish trailer. The game is overflowing with style, I have to admit. I liked seeing Shibuya crossing and Akihabara station. That's pretty cool to me. Color me intrigued.

rhandino

Banned
The characters are good, but saying they're relatable is a huge stretch.
Why? They are relatable to a lot of people even if I don't like some of them... I actually find some similarities with Kanji in some issues that I had in my personal life and some of the social links remind me of a lot of people I know, especially the Old Lad of the Death Arcana in Persona 4.

I think that is impossible to have a cast of characters that all people in all cultures can relate in some form but they manage to create situations that are almost universal (Like the feeling of loss after the death of a person dear to one, the struggle when you find life boring and would do anything to make it better, etc)

JoJoSono

Banned
You're basically describing major parts of the last two mainline Persona titles..

Eh...the last two Persona games had actual female characters that did'nt seem like jerk off fetish characters tailored to suit every otaku fetish. No, they actually were just female characters. So no...

wmlk

This will be my first Persona game I'll be playing. (No longer have my PS2, 3 or Vita). I'm hyped!!!! Will enjoy this beauty on PS4. JRPG's are coming! :D

That's a shame. Although this game looks great, there's no guarantee that it'll be as stellar as the other ones.

We're just going off hype right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom