• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I wanna upgrade and decorate my room... I got a tv... what else can I get? Is that all story progression stuff? I've beaten the 2nd Palace and got a few days to do whatever.

You can get a game console later on. Forgot when it unlocks. You can buy games too.

Capra

Finally beat palace 2's boss on Hard...

Admittedly a kind of bullshit boss. I struggled with him a lot before leveling Ryuji to get rampage. After I realized how well that was working out I went and got a Shiisha with rampage and started playing more aggressively... Couple tries later and he was done.

Where's this Temperance link people keep talking about? Can I do that yet?

Xeteh

So, is it worth getting four SP Adhesives for the active party members?

Trying to decide between that and upgrading gear at the moment.

It is but I'd say just 1 for the MC and/or healer is pretty strong. You can use the MC to knock things down with cheaper spells or load up on physical damage stuff and use your healer to keep people afloat.

Losing over an hour of time due to not being able to save anywhere...priceless.

I love this game, but that shit pisses me off.

The game hasn't been that difficult, but if you're not careful you can get caught off guard and get the MC killed.

Admittedly a kind of bullshit boss. I struggled with him a lot before leveling Ryuji to get rampage. After I realized how well that was working out I went and got a Shiisha with rampage. Couple tries later and he was done.

you'll be able start the link after you finish the 2nd boss

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
5th Palace
The 5 seconds Break got me good.

I'm liking the theme of the dungeon.

The game hasn't been that difficult, but if you're not careful you can get caught off guard and get the MC killed.
When you have the wrong Persona active and didn't pay attention so you get hit with back to back criticals and die. Thus, an hour of progress is lost. They really shouldn't have made it where if the MC dies, it's an automatic game over. I have a person who can revive for goodness sake.

vaporeon

Admittedly a kind of bullshit boss. I struggled with him a lot before leveling Ryuji to get rampage. After I realized how well that was working out I went and got a Shiisha with rampage and started playing more aggressively... Couple tries later and he was done.

After the 2nd palace,
an event should trigger automatically with Ryuji and Mishima. After that event, meet the character you encountered in front teacher's area/lounge/can'tremembername for access to this social link.
You need "staunch" guts (level 3?) + 5k yen.

Opa-Pa

Pleasantly surprised with Futaba so far, I thought she'd be annoying for some reason, but she's surprisingly mature and receptive, not to mention funny as hell.

Haru is fine, I dig the whole super hero-wannabe thing, but her english voice is the first that actually annoys me.

I'm so sick of this pervy shit =_=
Use your expensive anime sequences for something else for the love of god

I find it pretty remarkable that I was against too many anime cutscenes due to how good the game looks as is, but they found a whole different reason for me to despise them lmao. I'm actually glad Hashino seems to be too busy for P6, bring someone actually mature for once.

Just recently started the game on PS4. I tried finding the physical copy everywhere here in London but it's sold out at all retailers, including GAME and Amazon. I even went to Game and they said they had received several copies to sell as USED but when I went to the till they were all sold out as well. Insane. Bought it online.

I only played P4G and I'm enjoying P5 just as much. I LOVE the art design, just wish they allowed you to do things a bit quicker, although I know how tough time management gets in the future.

Really good game so far.

Capra

After the 2nd palace,
an event should trigger automatically with Ryuji and Mishima. After that event, meet the character you encountered in front teacher's area/lounge/can'tremembername for access to this social link.
You need "staunch" guts (level 3?) + 5k yen.

Uhhhhhh...

I went studying instead of doing the maid stuff because I really wasn't interested in pervy anime comedy. Did I just lock myself out of it?

PK Gaming

Eh, mostly a step down.

Outside of select few party member I can't remember much of 4's SL while some of 3's are still pretty memorable even outside the party.

I think P3 had some really good & memorable ones, but the writing quality was generally much lower, and they have this "out of touch with reality" feel.

You had stuff like Kenji's social link, the various female slinks playing out like mini dating sims (yes, all of them play out that way and there isn't meaningful character development for most of them), dated writing and an incredibly cynical "say what they want to hear in order to get points" approach.

P4 social links are generally better across the board. Social linking with male party members is a thing, female party member slinks aren't mini-dating sims, you aren't always rewarded for overt flattery, and the slink conclusions are amazing.

I think P5 confidants are around P4's level. They're more fantastical/wishfufillmentey (which isn't inherently a bad thing), though I don't think they're as emotionally resonant as P4 were for me.

wrongway

hahaha, that new OT title. God dammit.

Finished off Dungeon #2 yesterday and got to use the big block of free time to make some nice progress on social stats and s.links. Feels good, man. Got the doctor all the way up to 7 and picked up one of the fabled SP items. I'm tempted to get 3 more right away but that would break the bank. Or maybe the regen ones would be good for the more physical-oriented guys?

Met the Sun confidant finally (felt like I had him on the backburner for ages), and met
"Becky,"
which I had somehow avoided learning about before hand. Just lol. Also encountered
Makoto not-so-subtly tailing me around town.
I wish she had more lines during that but it was still pretty funny.
I hope she's the next party member. :x

good game is good

Kinsei

Banned
Uhhhhhh...

I went studying instead of doing the maid stuff because I really wasn't interested in pervy anime comedy. Did I just lock myself out of it?

Maybe? Go
see Mishima at night and see if you can still do it.

I just realized that I've gone far past 7/7, the "don't stream past this date." I was going to try and make note of why that was the date given, but I can't for the life of me figure out why. Was there any particular reason 7/7 was the specific "don't stream past this" date?

I actually suspect Atlus chose that date specifically because nothing important happens then. There was some concern when Atlus made the "no streams please" announcement that they'd inadvertently spoiled that important shit happens on that day; it could be Atlus was smarter than we gave them credit for on that very specific point. All the major revelations happen later than 7/7 so it still serves as a convenient breakpoint.

vaporeon

issa real shin megami tensei game

Uhhhhhh...

Oh, damn. Try talking to Mishima in the evening and see if he brings up some
maid operation
Personally, I hate the idea of this confidant as well, but the bonuses from leveling it up are too good.

TissueBox

Uhhhhhh...

Lol didn't know you could actually do that huh.... I'd figure there's a later opportunity.

Just finished the 6th palace 11/24 spoilers :
How much time left do I have for social links ? Do I have any ? Also how did the MC get a clone in the Metaverse ?

Edit :
You can spoil me on how many days I have left

Capra

I figured it would just be more stuff for building links with Ryujii and Mishima and passed because I've made decent progress with both already.

Whelp, guess we'll see.

nOoblet16

I just saw a stream where the dude had everyone in normal clothes except the women, who were ofcourse in bikini. Immediately turned that stream off...uuugh.

Where exactly did this happen to you?
I have had this happen twice over 118 hours, but both times what took like 1-1.5 hours the first time around took me like 15-20 mins the 2nd time around. After the 2nd time, I learned my lesson and didn't mind backtracking to save.

I think P3 had some really good & memorable ones, but the writing quality was generally much lower, and they have this "out of touch with reality" feel.

You had stuff like Kenji's social link, the various female slinks playing out like mini dating sims (yes, all of them play out that way and there isn't meaningful character development for most of them), dated writing and an incredibly cynical "say what they want to hear in order to get points" approach.

P4 social links are generally better across the board. Social linking with male party members is a thing, female party member slinks aren't mini-dating sims, you aren't always rewarded for overt flattery, and the slink conclusions are amazing.

I think P5 confidants are around P4's level. They're more fantastical/wishfufillmentey (which isn't inherently a bad thing), though I don't think they're as emotionally resonant as P4 were for me.

Yeah, P3's social links frustrated me because you were basically forced to support bad behavior.

P5 is so much better about this. I almost never feel like I'm being forced to take a position I don't agree with just so I can move things along.

Opa-Pa

I figured it would just be more stuff for building links with Ryujii and Mishima and passed because I've made decent progress with both already.

Whelp, guess we'll see.

Don't worry about it. I'm pretty sure I chose to go rank up an s link the first time they invited me and they did it again later. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to lock yourself out of a confidant.

nOoblet16

Just finished the 6th palace 11/24 spoilers :
How much time left do I have for social links ? Do I have any ? Also how did the MC get a clone in the Metaverse ?

Edit :
You can spoil me on how many days I have left
You have like 27 days left (some days are obviously out of your control, but once the next dungeon phase starts you will have control yet again. Still you have plenty of time to rank shit up.

As for how did Joker get a clone, it's because it was Sae's palace. Sae believed Joker to be in that room and so he was in that room because that's what her cognition imagined. Akechi entered the metaverse when Sae showed him the phone. And Sae left her palace quickly afterwards which is why the effects of palace owner being in her own palace wasn't observed.

Toki767

I think Yusuke is going to be the only Confidant I don't get to level 10 in my first playthrough because I couldn't get an Emperor demon until it was too late.

Is there a Pro/Con list for every party members combat skills? Like who's the best dps, healer etc.
I'll give it a go. Used everyone extensively outside Ann.

Ryuji:
-Best damage against bosses
-Great AOE physical moves
-Gets attack buffs
-Charge (2.5x damage for physical attacks next turn)
-High endurance
-Really low magic though, his Zio skills are mostly just good for exploiting weaknesses.

Ann (haven't used her much buut):
-Best magic user. Basically the magic version Ryuji.
-Gets attack down debuffs
-Concentrate (magic version of charge)
-Gets the strongest Fire skill
-Only has single target healing though and no buffing skills
-Fire skills are her only damaging skills, though

Morgana;
-Best healing, also gets healing skills earlier than the others
-Good magic damage with Wind skills especially if you stack wind boosts for end game
-Gets high crit moves, making him really good for random enemies and baton passing
-High agility
-Revival skills
-Not much else though. His only other support skill is the speed debuff and he gets it late.
-He's also really squishy

Yusuke;
-Probably the best physical attacker against random enemies, in my experience
-High agility and gets speed buffs
-Better magic than Ryuji, but nothing exceptional.
-Amazing single target multi-hit physical skills
-Also good AOE physical skills that have a chance to inflict status
-Can abuse baton pass since he gets skills that get considerably stronger after a baton pass
-Doesn't get charge and can't abuse baton pass against bosses, so Ryuji's better there

Makoto:
-Best support, with good damage
-AOE healing, even if she gets the skills considerably later than Morgana
-Defense buffing skills
-Also gets an AOE skill for healing certain status
-Good enough damage, but she only gets one physical skills and it's an early game one, making her stuck with magic nuclear skills, but she gets the strongest one for endgame.
-She doesn't excel at anything at a result, but she's mostly versatile. Find her better against bosses as a support than random enemies.

Haru:
-Most versatile offense character, as she can deal really high damage in both physical and magic.
-Gets a really good AOE physical move and a high crit severe damage skill.
-Similarly, she has good magic skills in Psy skills.
-Doesn't get much good support skills though, but she gets an AOE status healing skill and her last skill is a single target all stat buff, but it's mostly situational if you're sticking with AOE buffs anyway.
-You can easily find room to have all gun and psy boosting skills to maximize damage.

PK Gaming

Yeah, P3's social links frustrated me because you were basically forced to support bad behavior.

P5 is so much better about this. I almost never feel like I'm being forced to take a position I don't agree with just so I can move things along.

I like how flattery almost never works. It only consistently works on the Tower confidant, and that's because he's a kid.

nOoblet16

I beat the fourth palace yesterday and I have like one item. If it happens, it must be late game.
You get items like TV/console by buying them and decor items by hanging out with friends at spots. Meaning you go there with them at times when you aren't about to rank up their confidants, or if you have fully ranked someone up then you just ask them if they want to go somewhere. Basically the hanging out sessions where you rank up are scripted and have a storyline to follow and you don't get gifts for those.

Top Bottom