• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Royal sold 1.4m copies already, P4G 500k on pc.

ZZZZ

This is incredible numbers. 4.6m sales for a persona 5 game if you combine the original with Royal version, should be reaching 5m soon.

With SMTV getting simultaneous worldwide release, maybe we are getting ports to PC and switch for new games soon and PS5 scramble should be coming to the west.

Seems like it's a new day for Atlus.

J0IQSCA.jpg

8b3IrON.png

Hezekiah

Banned
I was just talking about this game aswell! Glad it's doing so well - do we know how it sold by territory?

I think a PC version is coming, but not Switch. I think Sony has some kind of exclusive console rights.

Amiga

Amazing
These are close to Dragon Quest/Final fantasy numbers. proves any solid franchise can grow if it evolves properly.

Tales games could have done this if they invested more on the technical side.

Vawn

Banned
So strange they did a remaster of a game that came out on the same console and it still sold well at a full $60.

Reminds me of the Street Fighter II days.

Sethbacca

I have base Persona 5 which I enjoy but I have no idea what the differences are between the versions and haven't had the urge to really look them up as it just feels like milking P5. Like why can't I just pay for a dlc update to my base game?

Then again this is my first entry in this series so I'm not one of the devotees that has 500 to play the game through a few times. It probably won't make much difference to me.

mejin

5M is possible in a single platform for Persona. Insane.

Hope Strikers localization arrives this year.

And finally confirmation for sales of P4G on PC.

I have base Persona 5 which I enjoy but I have no idea what the differences are between the versions and haven't had the urge to really look them up as it just feels like milking P5. Like why can't I just pay for a dlc update to my base game?

Then again this is my first entry in this series so I'm not one of the devotees that has 500 to play the game through a few times. It probably won't make much difference to me.

cause it is really not a dlc, lots of changes all over the game. It is way bigger than P4G changes.

Sethbacca

cause it is really not a dlc, lots of changes all over the game. It is way bigger than P4G changes.

Yeah, but as this is my first entry in the series I'd have no idea what the even means as a frame of reference. Regardless, I'm nearly 50 hours in at this point so I wouldn't be restarting the game anyway.

WellSheet

Awesome sales numbers.

I wonder if this implores Atlus to keep Persona Sony console exclusive moving forward or if it makes them want to branch out.

I can only imagine P5 or a new Persona on switch matching those numbers.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Well deserved, I LOVED both Persona 4 Golden/Persona 5 Royal........But I'm ready for Atlus give some love to Shin Megami Tensei series, its long overdue.

Last edited:

ZZZZ

Well deserved, I LOVED both Persona 4 Golden/Persona 5 Royal........But I'm ready for Atlus give some love to Shin Megami Tensei series, its long overdue.
How many sales do you expect for SMTV?
I never in my wildest dreams was expecting 5M+ for Persona 5.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
How many sales do you expect for SMTV?
I never in my wildest dreams was expecting 5M+ for Persona 5.
It doesn't need to do Persona numbers but good enough for Atlus to pay more attention to SMT series, so........expecting 1-2M.

Naibel

I discovered Persona in 2008 when P3 came out in Europe. Nobody gave a flying fuck about it apart from hardcore JRPG fans and it was such a pain in the ass to find a copy of it in stores. Not a single "gamer" friend of mine knew what I was talking about. "Dungeon crawling, high school dating simulator ?", get that shit outta my face, you weeb creep !

Now, Persona 5 sold nearly 5 million copies and is considered a video gaming classic. Most of my "gamer" friends have now heard of it or played it, and stopped calling me a weeb creep over it. Like with Nier, I'm impressed to see such a niche franchise turning this big over the years.

Here's hoping for higher sales, and that SMT V will reap a lil' bit of what his spin-off brother sowed.

Last edited:

Bkdk

I’ll probably get p5R on PC, I wanna replay it with some new elements added, but Certainly not without trainer speeding parts of the game up And to tweak some stats or limits.

ZZZZ

It doesn't need to do Persona numbers but good enough for Atlus to pay more attention to SMT series, so........expecting 1-2M.
Damn, 2M would be nice, i think SMT is the kind of game that would do well on PC.
Maybe a port from SMT4 or Apocalypse to test the waters?

I think Sega is looking into porting Atlus games to every platform they can think off right now.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Good. If they release Persona 5 Royal on PC I will happily buy it again.

Still waiting for Persona 5 Scramble .... get on it Atlus.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
P5 has achieved incredible success for a JRPG. Hope the success encourages Atlus to get the whole series available on more platforms. I want to be able to play 3-5 all in one place.

Esca

Loved P5. Happy they got what they deserve. It'd buy p4g again on my ps4. Games have so much style.

Jeeves

I contributed to this number the other day with Royal. It will be my first Persona. Going in blind, I only know about what I've seen in Smash Bros. No clue about the plot or gameplay. Finishing up Xenoblade first, but I'm looking forward to diving in!

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I discovered Persona in 2008 when P3 came out in Europe. Nobody gave a flying fuck about it apart from hardcore JRPG fans and it was such a pain in the ass to find a copy of it in stores. Not a single "gamer" friend of mine knew what I was talking about. "Dungeon crawling, high school dating simulator ?", get that shit outta my face, you weeb creep !

Now, Persona 5 sold nearly 5 million copies and is considered a video gaming classic. Most of my "gamer" friends have now heard of it or played it, and stopped calling me a weeb creep over it. Like with Nier, I'm impressed to see such a niche franchise turning this big over the years.

Here's hoping for higher sales, and that SMT V will reap a lil' bit of what his spin-off brother sowed.

Starts at 8:42:

Mista

Banned
Happy for P4G. Hopefully Atlus learned that PC is important to port the rest

I bought it on Steam because its simply my favourite Persona

ZZZZ

That ps4 controller is amazing.
3:55 for controller - 5:00 for console.

Last edited:
At worst, the Persona series can no longer be considered a niche JRPG series. At best, it is actually reaching close to becoming a mainstream RPG franchise.

Persona 6 is set up to take the world by storm and reach that classic status within the genre. While their success is incredible, Atlus also has an immense amount of pressure on them for this next entry.

And I believe they will deliver, because I have yet to play a Persona game that hasn't been one of the best games I've ever played.

Top Bottom