• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Trailer 2

Darksol

Made a gif.

jo9aTEP.gif

kiyoaki

Finally! Great music, combat looks as smooth and stylish as you would expect from this eries. I lost it when the cat referred to herself as 吾輩.

Now to watch this another hundred times.

Marche90

original_18178202.jpg

At least I managed to catch it. imo it wasn't worth the wait, seeing how many scenes they reused, but I'm still hyped for the release of the game

cj_iwakura

Quick and dirty translation of the voiced narration:

Voice: What's wrong? Are you just going to watch?
Voice: Was that a mistake?
Voice: Heh, that's right. That's as it should be. I am you, you are I.
Voice: For the sake of the justice you believed in, make the blasphemers repent!
Voice: Now, begin!

At the end of the trailer:

Voice: We will meet again... at the moment your destiny has been determined. Hahahaha!
Thanks. What about the party?

Anyone else notice the new voice for Igor? Why was it so much deeper? I know about how Igor's JP VA died, but this is a completely different voice choice. It feels out of place for the guy. Besides that all the other voices were as I expected them to be..

Preeeeeeeetty sure that's Arsene talking, not Igor.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I don't understand, Atlus should be wanting to show off everything to the best of their ability, why so much secrecy and locking behind buying other shit and taking down trailers when your game supposedly comes out THIS YEAR and you need to sell it??

Do you WANT to make money!?

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else notice the new voice for Igor? Why was it so much deeper? I know about how Igor's JP VA died, but this is a completely different voice choice. It feels out of place for the guy. Besides that all the other voices were as I expected them to be.

Totally worth the wait, but not worth the trolling we had to put up with.

The narration guy doesn't have to be Igor's voice. Besides that I've heard each party member utter a line but nothing that's definitely new igor. Or did I totally miss it?

Elios83

Great trailer (although most of the stuff is taken from the first trailer).

Still at this point the most important thing is the release date.
We already know the game is gonna be great :p

kiyoaki

What's that mean?

Wagahai is an old-fashioned and somewhat pompous word for "I". Here it's an allusion to Natsume Sôseki's literary classic Wagahai wa neko dearu (I Am a Cat).

I Am a Cat (Japanese: 吾輩は猫である Hepburn: Wagahai wa Neko de Aru?) is a satirical novel written in 1905–1906 by Natsume Sōseki, about Japanese society during the Meiji Period (1868–1912); particularly, the uneasy mix of Western culture and Japanese traditions, and the aping of Western customs.

Sōseki's original title, Wagahai wa neko de aru, uses very high-register phrasing more appropriate to a nobleman, conveying a grandiloquence and self-importance intended to sound ironic, since the speaker, an anthropomorphised domestic cat, is a house cat, not feral.

Dissapointing that they reused so much scenes from first one.
I mean this super hyped special trailer on Blu-ray added to other game so I expected lot more.

Also I hope there's more female characters than 1.

raven777

Anyone else notice the new voice for Igor? Why was it so much deeper? I know about how Igor's JP VA died, but this is a completely different voice choice. It feels out of place for the guy. Besides that all the other voices were as I expected them to be.

Where was Igor's voice?

Quick and dirty translation of the voiced narration:

Voice: What's wrong? Are you just going to watch?
Voice: Was that a mistake?
Voice: Heh, that's right. That's as it should be. I am you, you are I.
Voice: For the sake of the justice you believed in, make the blasphemers repent!
Voice: Now, begin!

At the end of the trailer:

Voice: We will meet again... at the moment your destiny has been determined. Hahahaha!

Thanks a bunch!

I really wonder if the trailer is supposed to be misleading on the story stuff. Anyway, looked great, and I hope people start doing analysis on it asap =X

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Someone punch me and put me to sleep until release day, thanks!
That looks incredible I want to play it right now I am not good at waiting

Fjordson

Man the music is so good.

I'm confident this is gonna be super dope. Now just have to hope the English dub is as good as Persona 4's.

It's most likely the Persona/"Shadow main character".

Is that LeLouch from Code Geass btw? The voice actor I mean.

- edit -
It seems that it is him, niiiiiiiice.

I don't understand, Atlus should be wanting to show off everything to the best of their ability, why so much secrecy and locking behind buying other shit and taking down trailers when your game supposedly comes out THIS YEAR and you need to sell it??

Do you WANT to make money!?

Well, if I need to guess is because they need to sell P4D in Japan after the rumors of a troublesome development (announced as a Dingo game but they screwed the love live vita games, a super popular idol franchise. In the next P4D trailer the names in the credits were changed).

Zukuu

Banned
Seems A LOT more stylish and light-hearted than P3 or even P4.

Could be fun, but so far I like P3's vibe the most.

Top Bottom