• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

Excuses!
Why can't P3 the movie come out faster in English? ;_;

Because finding distributors is hard.

I hope they only make it into 3 movies. It feels like they would stretch it out too thin otherwise. Of course my memory of the game is slightly foggy (which I have no excuse for considering I've played it thrice for completion) so I'm prepared to eat my words.

Dantis

Are y'all in the "Make Dantis like anime" part of the cycle?

Some people like to try the impossible, I guess.

First time hearing of Yoshitoshi ABe, but I recognize some of his work.
He's okay in my books

If that's even him, I'm seeing conflicting sources.

Hasn't drawn any persona from what I can find, speaking of..I haven't seen any guest persona art from artist I like. :(
I want to see Ume Aoki draw the characters.

Wait, there have been guest artists who've drawn Persona art besides Sogabe?

cj_iwakura

First time hearing of Yoshitoshi ABe, but I recognize some of his work.
He's okay in my books

If that's even him, I'm seeing conflicting sources.

That is his work, it's from a doujin cover he did. I have an entire folder of his stuff.

1yrTIqE.jpg

Because finding distributors is hard.

I hope they only make it into 3 movies. It feels like they would stretch it out too thin otherwise. Of course my memory of the game is slightly foggy (which I have no excuse for considering I've played it thrice for completion) so I'm prepared to eat my words.

Yeah I feel 3 movies would be the ideal number to cover the Journey. Although I am curious if they plan on covering the Answer at some point, and how they would go about it, another movie, some direct to video thing, whatever.

cjkeats

Some people like to try the impossible, I guess.
Wait, there have been guest artists who've drawn Persona art besides Sogabe?
Well with most anime properties and games you get guest art its all the time, drawing covers for drama CDs, endcards for episodes, phone cards, other random shit, or even just other popular artists drawing it for fans or for fun.
Persona hasn't had much of that at all, that I've seen anyways.

That is his work, it's from a doujin cover he did. I have an entire folder of his stuff.
It's the cover for Oreimo Drama CD Vol 9.
His Evangelion stuff is really nice too.

Dantis

Well with most anime properties and games you get guest art its all the time, drawing covers for drama CDs, endcards for episodes, phone cards, other random shit, or even just other popular artists drawing it for fans or for fun.
Persona hasn't had much of that at all, that I've seen anyways.

Yeah, I didn't think so.

The phone cards and Drama CDs and whatnot all have Soejima illustrations.

cjkeats

Yeah, I didn't think so.

The phone cards and Drama CDs and whatnot all have Soejima illustrations.

I've seen a bunch of merch lately with the all kinds of the anime art instead of the handful of Soejima drawings.
I just want to see Ume Aoki and Akio Watanabe draw Rise. Is that too much to ask!?

S_Dev

Neo Member
So I just started a new game+ on P3 FES, and just realized something.
I named my first character Buzz Aldrin. The implications of this are just hitting me.

Dantis

I've seen a bunch of merch lately with the all kinds of the anime art instead of the handful of Soejima drawings.
I just want to see Ume Aoki and Akio Watanabe draw Rise. Is that too much to ask!?

Potentially! I suppose that would depend on the art. I would prefer that the official art (Or at least the illustrations related to the games) stayed just Soejima. Unfortunately, this seems unlikely. I wouldn't mind art that doesn't deviate too far from Soejima's stuff, like Sogabe, if it came to it though.

If you can enjoy something awful like Persona 4 Animation, then it is possible you may like something actually good.

The difference is that that's something I already have an investment in.

If Poets of The Fall wrote a dubstep song, I'd view it differently than whatever the most popular dubstep song is at that time.

cjkeats

Potentially! I suppose that would depend on the art. I would prefer that the official art (Or at least the illustrations related to the games) stayed just Soejima. Unfortunately, this seems unlikely. I wouldn't mind art that doesn't deviate too far from Soejima's stuff, like Sogabe, if it came to it though.

Alternatively, I'd love to see Soejima draw stuff for other series. An end card here or there would be pretty rad.
Soejima drawn Kirino pls.

cj_iwakura

Soejima designed all of the Trinity Soul characters.

I like Trinity Soul.

That genuinely surprises me, but it does have low key aesthetics. Maybe you would dig Lain.

Any Soejima art is fine by me. It's almost unusual how rarely it happens.

Who is Kirino?

Her game outsold Eternal Punishment. My Little Sister Can't Possibly Be This Yandere Cute.

cjkeats

Soejima designed all of the Trinity Soul characters.

I like Trinity Soul.

Any Soejima art is fine by me. It's almost unusual how rarely it happens.

Who is Kirino?
I liked the Soejima TS piece in his works book.

She's the other girl in most of my avatars with the blonde hair and the fang.
The one I just posted here drawn by the artists other cj was talking about. My favorite character.

Also like he said, her game murdered EP, which is actually what led me to that franchise in the first place, so thanks persona!

Sophia

Megumi has a really great design. Her and Jun look the most Soejima-ish to me, I think.

The whole cast just looks a lot better in promotional art versus the actual animation. Especially the three titular brothers.

Now imagine if it had awesome fight scenes against other Persona users, with cameos from P1/P3 cast members joining in here and there. Instead of curry, weird philosophical conversations, jellyfish Personae, odd gynoids, and furries.

Necrovex

Oh come on, it wasn't that bad. There are way worse adaptions out there.

That's true. That was too harsh of a post; my mind was stuck on high quality shows like Lain and Bebop. I own the blu-ray sets for Persona 4. The show is at least funny and nails the writing portion. The animation is some hot garbage though!

If Poets of The Fall wrote a dubstep song, I'd view it differently than whatever the most popular dubstep song is at that time.

I just threw up everywhere. Thanks for that.

Dantis

Okay, question:

I haven't started the banner art yet, I plan to tonight. How bothered would people be if it didn't include the non-Soejima protagonists (Pierced boy, Tatsuya and Maya)? I ask for two reasons: Reason 1 is that this thread is currently moving veeeery fast and cutting out three characters would increase the chances of me being able to draw it in time, and reason 2 being that I'd have to draw them in Soejima's style (Or my best impression of it) and they might look weird.

Thoughts?

I just threw up everywhere. Thanks for that.

Cradled In Love? MORE LIKE CRADLED IN WUB WUB.

Okay, question:

I haven't started the banner art yet, I plan to tonight. How bothered would people be if it didn't include the non-Soejima protagonists (Pierced boy, Tatsuya and Maya)? I ask for two reasons: Reason 1 is that this thread is currently moving veeeery fast and cutting out three characters would increase the chances of me being able to draw it in time, and reason 2 being that I'd have to draw them in Soejima's style (Or my best impression of it) and they might look weird.

Thoughts?

Do it. Tatsuya and Maya are amazing protagonists.

cj_iwakura

Okay, question:

Thoughts?

You should include them. They're series protagonists just like everyone else, don't be exclusionary. Time is not of the essence.

Draw everyone in Soejima style, and then later on, draw everyone in Kaneko style. It would be silly to see the P3/4 era people in Kaneko.

Sophia

Cut pierced boy out because he's completely not a Soejima design. Leave Tatsuya/Maya in because Soejima had some influence there, even if the original design was Kaneko.

Draw everyone in Soejima style, and then later on, draw everyone in Kaneko style. It would be silly to see the P3/4 era people in Kaneko.

Or this.

Sophia

Who did the portrait art for P1 and 2?

Kaneko did the character art for Persona 1 entirely. Persona 2 and Soul Hackers he did the original designs, but the in game portrait art was drawn by Soejima.

The remakes of Persona 2 and Soul Hackers replaced the Kaneko drawn art with Soejima drawn art with assistance from Masayuki Doi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom