• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT3| Your thread title sucks, Yukiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

I've played through vanilla P4 3 times, and only a few hours into Golden and I think Erin is far better.

Shocking.

I didn't like Erin as Chie at first, but ended up liking her. I wasn't a big fan of her original voice.

I couldn't go to their last show here, but remember the one before, on the Twist in the Myth tour, being very memorable. An Then There Was Silence live was pretty cool.

They've actually replaced that with Wheel of Time now, so I never saw it live. Pretty lame.

MSMrRound

Erin's Chie kinds of grow on you.

I personally thought she was a much better fit for Chie's personality than Tracey was. Of course, Chie's personality is still captured perfectly by Horie Yui.

FireSol

might be old
282890_665492510151517_113791827_n.jpg

Tiu Neo

They've actually replaced that with Wheel of Time now, so I never saw it live. Pretty lame.

Huh, searching the setlists, looks like I missed two shows from them, 2011 and 2012. From what I saw, they didn't play Wheel of Time here on 2011, but played it and lot of older songs I wanted to see live in 2012, like Lost in the Twilight Hall and The Hobbit. Damn.

And now, not even Angra and Helloween are doing shows in my city, they used to come here almost every year :\

Erin's Chie kinds of grow on you.

I personally thought she was a much better fit for Chie's personality than Tracey was. Of course, Chie's personality is still captured perfectly by Horie Yui.

The impression I had when I replayed the game is that her first scenes are the worst. I don't know, she screams too much.

Dantis

Huh, searching the setlists, looks like I missed two shows from them, 2011 and 2012. From what I saw, they didn't play Wheel of Time here on 2011, but played it and lot of older songs I wanted to see live in 2012, like Lost in the Twilight Hall and The Hobbit. Damn.

And now, not even Angra and Helloween are doing shows in my city, they used to come here almost every year :\

The impression I had when I replayed the game is that her first scenes are the worst. I don't know, she screams too much.

I don't actually remember anything of her past the opening few hours, so maybe that's actually a good thing and she gets better.

What country are you from? Blind Guardian have been to England like twice in the last fifteen years, haha. I don't get to go to gigs very often any more. None of my friends are into the same kind of music as each other (Or me) and the few who do listen to the stuff I'd see are too lazy, or in one case, genuinely scared to leave our town.

LX_Theo

Banned
We don't actually know when the epilogue takes place specifically. P4D seemingly takes place just after it, but we'll have to wait and see how everyone looks for a confirmation.
You sure? I thought it was strongly implied it was at the beginning of their summer vacation of that year.

Tiu Neo

I don't actually remember anything of her past the opening few hours, so maybe that's actually a good thing and she gets better.

What country are you from? Blind Guardian have been to England like twice in the last fifteen years, haha. I don't get to go to gigs very often any more. None of my friends are into the same kind of music as each other (Or me) and the few who do listen to the stuff I'd see are too lazy, or in one case, genuinely scared to leave our town.

Yeah, she gets a bit less annoying, at least. She still screams a bit too much, but at least it is at more appropriate times. Also, I got the impression her voice was a bit higher pitched at the first hours.

I'm from Brazil, so we get quite a few Power Metal shows here. My city, Curitiba, had a lot of shows until ~2010, but now we're getting less and less every year, and it's quite expensive to leave the city just to watch a show. Blind Guardian in special surprised me, coming twice in two years.

Dantis

You sure? I thought it was strongly implied it was at the beginning of their summer vacation of that year.

That's my understanding of it also. It makes the most sense and it's when the calendar fades out.

Other people disagree though, and it's never actually specifically stated.

Like I say, I guess we'll see when we see Naoto and Kanji in Dancing All Night.

Yeah, she gets a bit less annoying, at least. She still screams a bit too much, but at least it is at more appropriate times. Also, I got the impression her voice was a bit higher pitched at the first hours.

I'm from Brazil, so we get quite a few Power Metal shows here. My city, Curitiba, had a lot of shows until ~2010, but now we're getting less and less every year, and it's quite expensive to leave the city just to watch a show. Blind Guardian in special surprised me, coming twice in two years.

Ah. I'm from a town, not a city, so we never get any actual shows here. I had to travel to London one of the times Blind Guardian was over here. It cost a fortune but I don't regret it at all.

I guess that's why you get to see Angra a lot too, haha.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Playing through P4G for the first time. Game is awesome and and the max level love confession events always make me laugh because the girls have 100% of the dialogue since the Protaganist never talks. Its especially funny if the participant explicitly mentions how awkward it is. Of course its awkward when the person you're telling this to is just staring straight ahead not talking.

FluxWaveZ

No, pretty sure that's not the case (well, guess I can't be too sure since the dates at this point are nebulous). It takes place after the P4A series, but I'm fairly sure that it takes place at least the year before the P4G epilogue, when Yu's just returned to his city and Rise's just gone back to showbiz.

Either way, at least the epilogue affects the P4A story indirectly. It'd be interesting if P4D took place after the epilogue and the character designs transferred over, though.

Dantis

No, pretty sure that's not the case (well, guess I can't be too sure since the dates at this point are nebulous). It takes place after the P4A series, but I'm fairly sure that it takes place at least the year before the P4G epilogue, when Yu's just returned to his city and Rise's just gone back to showbiz.

Either way, at least the epilogue affects the P4A story indirectly. It'd be interesting if P4D took place after the epilogue and the character designs transferred over, though.

He means the epilogue, not P4D. I thought they'd already said that P4D takes place seven months after Persona 4?

EDIT: Apparently it's six months, not seven. So like, September time? I think it will be just after the epilogue, then.

Levito

Banned
Damn I can't get enough of that 'Carousel' song from the PQ trailer. Hopefully Atlus releases the soundtrack along with the game come release.

Speaking of music, haven't listened to Blind Guardian since they released that really mediocre A Twist in the Myth album. Power Metal doesn't sit well with me these days aside from Symphony X, it all feels like a competition as to who can write the most cornball lyrics.

Remember when Dragonforce was popular because of Guitar Hero? Little did everyone know that they can't play live at all without sounding like a blown out amp.

It definitely is. Yosuke's line from the epilogue is, "I mean... things got kind of nuts when you last visited in May." Given that Arena had just come out when Golden was released, and Arena (and Ultra Suplex Hold) take place during the May Golden Week immediately following the end of Persona 4, I think it's pretty clear that the P4G epilogue takes place roughly in August of 2012.

I have no idea how Dancing All Night is going to play into this; it could be that they hadn't even planned on P4D when they did the epilogue. But as to when the epilogue takes place, I think it's pretty obvious.

EDIT:

EDIT: Apparently it's six months, not seven. So like, September time? I think it will be just after the epilogue, then.

I think this is most likely true. I gives them the most freedom without further cluttering the six months in between the end of P4 and the P4G epilogue.

FluxWaveZ

He means the epilogue, not P4D. I thought they'd already said that P4D takes place seven months after Persona 4?

Does the epilogue take place in 2012? For some reason, I had thought it took place in 2013, during Golden Week.

It definitely is. Yosuke's line from the epilogue is, "I mean... things got kind of nuts when you last visited in May." Given that Arena had just come out when Golden was released, and Arena (and Ultra Suplex Hold) take place during the May Golden Week immediately following the end of Persona 4, I think it's pretty clear that the P4G epilogue takes place roughly in August of that same year.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Levito

Banned
I have no idea how Dancing All Night is going to play into this; it could be that they hadn't even planned on P4D when they did the epilogue. But as to when the epilogue takes place, I think it's pretty obvious.

hgJMi.jpg

"It was at P4G's release that Persona SKEWED into this tangent, and created an ALTERNATE reality.

One where Persona is not as deep..

Or cereal...

THERE'S EVEN A FIGHTING GAME."

Dantis

It definitely is. Yosuke's line from the epilogue is, "I mean... things got kind of nuts when you last visited in May." Given that Arena had just come out when Golden was released, and Arena (and Ultra Suplex Hold) take place during the May Golden Week immediately following the end of Persona 4, I think it's pretty clear that the P4G epilogue takes place roughly in August of 2012.

EDIT:

I think this is most likely true. I gives them the most freedom without further cluttering the six months in between the end of P4 and the P4G epilogue.

Yes to all of this.

Also, I was just reading, and apparently the website drops people into the midnight channel? I have a feeling that's how they'll explain all the crazy outfits.

Tiu Neo

The Golden epilogue... It's a bit strange how much they changed in those few months since P4A, if it really happened in summer 2012.

Damn I can't get enough of that 'Carousel' song from the PQ trailer. Hopefully Atlus releases the soundtrack along with the game come release.

Yeeeess, can't wait for a full version of that song.

Speaking of music, haven't listened to Blind Guardian since they released that really mediocre A Twist in the Myth album. Power Metal doesn't sit well with me these days aside from Symphony X, it all feels like a competition as to who can write the most cornball lyrics.

Remember when Dragonforce was popular because of Guitar Hero? Little did everyone know that they can't play live at all without sounding like a blown out amp.

At the Edge of Time, at least to me, is a lot better than Twist in the Myth. Curse My Name is one of my favorite songs, from them.

Dragonforce... eh, never was a big fan of them.

That's my understanding of it also. It makes the most sense and it's when the calendar fades out.

Other people disagree though, and it's never actually specifically stated.

Like I say, I guess we'll see when we see Naoto and Kanji in Dancing All Night.

Ah. I'm from a town, not a city, so we never get any actual shows here. I had to travel to London one of the times Blind Guardian was over here. It cost a fortune but I don't regret it at all.

I guess that's why you get to see Angra a lot too, haha.

Yes, I've seen them 5 or 6 times. But they don't come here since ~2010. It's strange, too, because they do a few shows on neighbour towns, but not here.

I wanted to see they with Leone singing. :(

Dantis

Yes, I've seen them 5 or 6 times. But they don't come here since ~2010. It's strange, too, because they do a few shows on neighbour towns, but not here.

I wanted to see they with Leone singing. :(

I saw this, and I thought "...Surely he doesn't mean Fabio Lione?!?", checked and sure enough that is who you mean! I had even realised that Falaschi had left!

I thought it was the "Mayonaka Stage" or "Midnight Stage."

Sure. It'll be the same kind of thing though. I think the difference will be arbitrary.

FluxWaveZ

Sure. It'll be the same kind of thing though. I think the difference will be arbitrary.

Probably, though if P4A2 means to wrap things up, I'm not too sure I'd be into "The Midnight Channel is airing... again!" It'll be good to have a thematic differentiation.

Tiu Neo

If all those games are really canon... oh god. Maybe something like an Expanded Universe would be better.

I saw this, and I thought "...Surely he doesn't mean Fabio Lione?!?", checked and sure enough that is who you mean! I had even realised that Falaschi had left!

Yeah, it was kinda big here, a few years ago. Edu didn't want to sing Matos songs anymore, since it was straining his voice, so he left.

A lot of people considered the band dead after that, Lione joining (temporary at first, but now it looks like it's permanent) was a good surprise.

Yeah, Dragonforce is trash.

Are you a fan of Viking metal at all?

I like folk metal, and some bands can be considered both, so listen to some Viking metal occasionally, but I don't really know a lot about the genre. Got any recommendations?

Dantis

If all those games are really canon... oh god. Maybe something like an Expanded Universe would be better.

I think at this point, it's safe to say that, unless stated otherwise, it's canonical.

I don't even think Persona X Detective has been confirmed non-canon and that's complete shite.

Probably, though if P4A2 means to wrap things up, I'm not too sure I'd be into "The Midnight Channel is airing... again!" It'll be good to have a thematic differentiation.

I guess. I'm expecting an even worse plot than Arena though, haha. I'm not expecting them to break any conventions or develop anything of significance.

Hopefully less long winded, this time around.

Are there any Erin Fitzgerald voiced games that you have played? She's been in pretty much nearly everything recently, Fire Emblem Awakening (loved her performance as Emmeryn), Tales of Xillia, Dragon's Crown, Bravely Default and more.

She can't be that bad, can she?=/

Don't forget to throw in Skullgirls and BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma, and she does good in those too

And yeah I also prefer Erin's voice for Chie

Levito

Banned
SMT is just one of those things like Zelda that has a convoluted timeline. So what is/isn't canon shouldn't get to you. :p

I like folk metal, and some bands can be considered both, so listen to some Viking metal occasionally, but I don't really know a lot about the genre. Got any recommendations?

If you like folk, definitely try Eluveitie.

As for Viking:

Wintersun
Ensiferum
Amon Amarth

Ensiferum was one of the best live bands I've ever seen, they all come out on stage in warpaint and kilts. hahaha

And yeah I also prefer Erin's voice for Chie

Shocking.

FluxWaveZ

Well, I guess as long as there are no major contradictions between the games I'm relatively fine with it. So far, only the Arena series has explicitly been stated as canon, but if they really want to make it as though P4G, P4A and P4D are all connected, I'd like it if they weren't so seemingly segmented. The little mention of P4A in the P4G epilogue was neat, but something more like Marie being in P4A or P4D or some other more notable connections would be cool.

By the way, seems like Friday early mornings EST seems to be the designated time for official PQ updates, since that's when the official website launched with the two new trailers (Dec. 20), when the second preview trailer came out (Dec. 27) and when the two new character trailers came out as well (January 10).

FireSol

Ensiferum was one of the best live bands I've ever seen, they all come out on stage in warpaint and kilts. hahaha

Ensi is freaking awesome, I visit almost all their shows when they come here. Last albums not as heavy as old ones, but still they are good

I don't even think Persona X Detective has been confirmed non-canon and that's complete shite.
Oh God really? I thought it was confirmed to be non-canon, that novel should just disappear forever, it is SO BAD.

About P4D, I'm going to get it because I like musical games and I love Persona music. But I'm not expecting a good story, really. The probability isn't very... high.

Hello fellow brazillian persona fan! I wish I could go to any metal shows, all I get here in Bahia is Pagode everywhere, it's so sad.

Dantis

Oh God really? I thought it was confirmed to be non-canon, that novel should just disappear forever, it is SO BAD.

About P4D, I'm going to get it because I like musical games and I love Persona music. But I'm not expecting a good story, really. The probability isn't very... high.

Everyone on the Internet has kind of collectively agreed that it's non canon, but I've never seen a source. I've never even seen Hashino or anyone mention it.

And I'm legitimately excited for P4D. It's a genre I normally have zero interest in, so it'll be a new gaming experience for me.

LOL @ 'everything'.

Everyone on the Internet has kind of collectively agreed that it's non canon, but I've never seen a source. I've never even seen Hashino or anyone mention it.

And I'm legitimately excited for P4D. It's a genre I normally have zero interest in, so it'll be a new gaming experience for me.

Yeah, after I read your post I searched for some kind of confirmation, but coudn't find anything. I'll just keep ignoring it though, Naoto doesn't deserve that :(

I think P4D is going to be a lot of fun: new character models, new sceneries, Persona remixes, new Persona music? I'm okay with that.

PK, demon negotiation in Soul Hackers is great, but here are some things you may or may not know.

Just go to the hack menu and turn on the alignment hack, there is no creative or cool use of alignments in this game, all it is, is that if you have a law demon, chaos demons will probably not join you or want to be in your party, Atlus themselves knew this was dumb so they let you toggle it.

Every demon has 2 alignments, Law, Neutral or Chaos, and Light, Neutral and Dark. Dark demons cannot be negotiated with unless you have an app for that, and the first dungeons, especially the warehouses area, are chalk full of Dark demons.

Lastly, when you are in the Talk menu, next to their race and name, if it is blank, they 98% of the time, cannot be recruited by any means. If there is a happy face there, it can be recruited, talk away!

Tiu Neo

SMT is just one of those things like Zelda that has a convoluted timeline. So what is/isn't canon shouldn't get to you. :p

If you like folk, definitely try Eluveitie.

As for Viking:

Wintersun
Ensiferum
Amon Amarth

Thanks! I knew Amon Amarth and, if I'm not wrong, a few songs from Eluveitie. Listening to Ensiferum now, it's pretty good! I'll search for a few more songs on grooveshark.

I love when the bands really get into their style. Really adds to the show, it's awesome! And it looks like Ensiferum DID come to South America once, so there's hope I can see their show one day, hahaha.

Well, I guess as long as there are no major contradictions between the games I'm relatively fine with it. So far, only the Arena series has explicitly been stated as canon, but if they really want to make it as though P4G, P4A and P4D are all connected, I'd like it if they weren't so seemingly segmented. The little mention of P4A in the P4G epilogue was neat, but something more like Marie being in P4A or P4D or some other more notable connections would be cool.

By the way, seems like Friday early mornings EST seems to be the designated time for official PQ updates, since that's when the official website launched with the two new trailers (Dec. 20), when the second preview trailer came out (Dec. 27) and when the two new character trailers came out as well (January 10).

Yeah, I just said it would be better if it were all something like an expanded universe because most of the new stuff from the spin offs are a bit too wacky to my tastes.

Hello fellow brazillian persona fan! I wish I could go to any metal shows, all I get here in Bahia is Pagode everywhere, it's so sad.

Salvador? Or one of the smaller towns? There's still hope, Angra and Sepultura do a lot of shows on smaller towns :p

Setsu00

Actually, Hashino refers to the novel as "公式", which is (to my knowledge at least) the only equivalent Japanese has for the English expression "canon".

Nachos

That's what I'm seeing too, and make me kinda believed there would be one more in this game.. but we don't know for sure yet with the scene cuts.

I really don't think it'll be in. From the looks of things, it'll be a weird combo of boosts from Etrian 1&2 and bursts from Etrian 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom