• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Style

Banned
Keeping expectations low is a good move. It's not out of the question that it's going to be there, but Atlus might be taking the route of doing advertising at their own pace.

The Last Guardian on the other hand...

ipTPqG8roYrN7.gif

Xenoflare

I'm going to keep expectations low for Persona TGS news. But I do hope we get something interesting in general.

Even though the new Vita and Vita TV had no real impact outside of Japan afterwards, it was still nice to see.

If only Sony can be a little bit more supportive on shipping the Vitas to stores. I swear the Best Buy/Eb games near my place have zero stock for a long time now.

I have a very good feeling that Persona 5 will be at Tokyo Game Show 2014, because of the following reasons:

-Character designer Shigenori Soejima stated that ATLUS should be able to show more information on Persona 5 soon, and that he hopes people enjoy the new thing he's done for the game, in July 2014's Game Informer.
-In episode 7 of Persona Stalker Club, ATLUS stated that they have a special event (Persona-related, most likely, due to it being announced on episode 7 of Persona Stalker Club) on their stage on the public days of Tokyo Game Show 2014.
-The official website for Persona 5 was updated with a new Google AdWords conversion ID on August 22, 2014. None of the other sites were updated with this conversion ID. By other sites, I am referring to PQ, P4U2, and P4D, as well as the official Persona Channel website.
-Previous major ATLUS titles, such as Shin Megami Tensei IV, were showcased at Tokyo Game Show.

wmlk

I just want Atlus to do well. They probably know better than I do so I won't be mad at what happens.
As for SE, I have no clue what to expect.

FluxWaveZ

Well, I personally thought that it'd be the SCEJ conference or nothing for Persona 5 before, but the Atlus stage show changes that somewhat, depending on what it is.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Oh wait, I guess they said we'd be hearing more about P4D this fall via the #September issue of Persona Magazine, but that's natural since the game's coming out this fall.

Unless they're hiding P4D stuff somewhere in the magazine as Super Secret Scoops, I wouldn't hold my breath on it. The official web page for it on Dengeki lists the following things as the main headlining content now that it's been out for a few days:

• P4AU beginner's guide
  • Recap of what's happened in P4G anime, along with a timeline comparing its events for original P4 anime
  • PQ hints
  • The usual batch of Persona manga
There are a few miscellaneous things, but I recall Dengeki marketing it during the lead up to its publication as primarily being P4AU-centric, so yeah.

FluxWaveZ

Unless they're hiding P4D stuff somewhere in the magazine as Super Secret Scoops, I wouldn't hold my breath on it. The official web page for it on Dengeki lists the following things as the main headlining content now that it's been out for a few days:

I actually own the magazine, but I'm pretty sure someone pointed out that P4D was mentioned in it for news coming out this fall, in addition to P5 being mentioned in it for the game taking place in the same timeline as P4.

JNA

Banned
I just watched The Golden Animation's 8th episode and this pic pretty much describes the episode in half a nutshell for me.

the other half is Naoto has the best imagination. :D

cj_iwakura

I just watched The Golden Animation's 8th episode and this pic pretty much describes the episode in half a nutshell for me.

the other half is Naoto has the best imagination. :D

That second half was wonderful, especially
the zombie legions.

FluxWaveZ

I'm a little annoyed there was no Persona 6 option there.

I was gonna include "Unannounced Persona game", but, yeah... that ain't happening.

Most are unbelievers, huh. Haven't voted yet myself 'cause I feel like P5 could be shown here... though that feeling's been with me for ~6 years now.

JNA

Banned
I'm a little concerned if we are going to see a delay to Persona 5 if we don't get to see it on TGS.

Besides the teaser I haven't see any gameplay footage, a cutscene or two from the game, what the story is, or what kind of characters are in the game.

And with all of that non-info so far, the game is supposed to come out in winter of this year.

That worries me.

FluxWaveZ

I'm a little concerned if we are going to see a delay to Persona 5 if we don't get to see it on TGS.

And with all of that non-info so far, the game is supposed to come out in winter of this year.

It'll only be a delay if it releases past March 2015, because that's what winter 2014 entails.

FluxWaveZ

So Winter 2014 also means January and Febuary of 2015?

Yep. I think the "nicer" thing to do in terms of PR would be to actually mean 2014 when it's written like that so that people don't get real confused if a game is then announced for Q1 of the subsequent year (and I feel like there'll be a great bit of confusing if/when P5 gets announced for then), but Atlus has done that before with their previous HD platform release:
They kept referring to it as a "winter 2010" release in PR, but it actually came out in February 2011. This caused people to be confused (see: Andriasang article comments).

JNA

Banned
Ah I see. Thanks for that tid bit.

I wish still when they announce a year, they release within that year you know? XD

cj_iwakura

Yep. I think the "nicer" thing to do in terms of PR would be to actually mean 2014 when it's written like that so that people don't get real confused if a game is then announced for Q1 of the subsequent year (and I feel like there'll be a great bit of confusing if/when P5 gets announced for then), but Atlus has done that before with their previous HD platform release:

They kept referring to it as a "winter 2010" release in PR, but it actually came out in February 2011. This caused people to be confused (see: Andriasang article comments).

What I wouldn't give for that site or one like it to come back.

Every gaming news site in the world must be owned by the same firm, they all have the same stupid advertising.

Rhapsody

Banned
What I wouldn't give for that site or one like it to come back.

Every gaming news site in the world must be owned by the same firm, they all have the same stupid advertising.

Yeah, no other news site has really come close. Even now, I decided it wasn't worth bothering looking at the other sites, so I just get my news from gaf.

QuadOpto

Hello everybody! Long-time lurker-now forum-goer finally here! After going off to college, I got a non-free e-mail address and figured I might as well get known. So, I'm a really big SMT/Persona fan who loves talking about plot, character development and speculation! I also draw!...Sometimes!....Not really but I do try!

Anyway favorite characters are Yu the Swagtagonist(Character traits non-withstanding) [REDACTED] and Junpei(OG Bro)! Runner-ups are Yukiko, Yosuke and Mitsuru.

Other than that i'm just reallllly ecstatic that we might/might not get P5 news in a couple of hours I guess? Plus other games that I'd probably like to see that might be at TGS anyway.

Hello everybody! Long-time lurker-now forum-goer finally here! After going off to college, I got a non-free e-mail address and figured I might as well get known. So, I'm a really big SMT/Persona fan who loves talking about plot, character development and speculation! I also draw!...Sometimes!....Not really but I do try!

Anyway favorite characters are Yu the Swagtagonist(Character traits non-withstanding) [REDACTED] and Junpei(OG Bro)! Runner-ups are Yukiko, Yosuke and Mitsuru.

Other than that i'm just reallllly ecstatic that we might/might not get P5 news in a couple of hours I guess? Plus other games that I'd probably like to see that might be at TGS anyway.
Welcome! You can use [Redacted]'s name without mentioning his/her link to Ultimax, haha. :) And glad to see you like him/her and Yosuke.

Welcome!

Nimby

Banned

ya dun goofed

Nah, welcome to the club.

Sophia

You are a slave. Want emancipation?
Welcome

You are stuck here forever. That's it.

You are more than welcome here, we are all friendly folks, except when there's waifu wars :p

I keep seeing people mentioning Sho as the protagonist of P5. No way he's in. Get real people !
In fact I'm so sure he won't, I'm ready to suck all the Maras available if Sho ever makes it in P5.

But seriously, I don't think that's going to happen. Oh, and if P5 does end up being announced, I call dibs on the Magician/bro guy revealed.

PK Gaming

I think you and me are gonna get along juuuuuuust fine.

Sophia

I keep seeing people mentioning Sho as the protagonist of P5. No way he's in. Get real people !
In fact I'm so sure he won't, I'm ready to suck all the dicks available if Sho ever makes it in P5.

But seriously, I don't think that's going to happen. Oh, and if P5 does end up being announced, I call dibs on the Magician/bro guy revealed.

Last time someone made that bet, the end results was awful. Are you sure you want to do that knowing the odds are against you? :p

arue

Welcome! We always welcome more artists in here.

I think you and me are gonna get along juuuuuuust fine.
PK that gif is killing my poor computer x_x
Edit: Nevermind, you edited it already :p

kewlmyc

rz4889o.jpg

Good tastes in fave characters as well.

abrack08

Wait, so what's happening in a few hours, a (probably Persona themed) Atlus event mentioned on PSC, or the SCEJ TGS Conference? Or both?

Top Bottom