• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peter Moore video interview

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
o_O

o_O

This isn't damage control any more - at this point it's some kind of Jujitsu of Denial.

Joe

to be exact, he said "you'd be amazed at how many people dont want to save games". im not sure where a lot came from.

GhaleonEB

Joe said:
to be exact, he said "you'd be amazed at how many people dont want to save games". im not sure where a lot came from.

To be fair, this is one of those interviews where we can't see the questions - just answers. It made have made sense. Like if the question was, "what is the dumbest complaint you have heard about this generation of games". But I think that's a long shot. :)

FightyF

Banned
Billy Rygar said:
I'd be amazed if more than 3 people don't wan't to save their games.

I used to set up HTs in a past life, and many people own a PS2, one or two games, and not even one memory card. It's pretty retarded.

Gek54

Fight for Freeform said:
I used to set up HTs in a past life, and many people own a PS2, one or two games, and not even one memory card. It's pretty retarded.

The key is they only bought one or two games, these are not the people who make the console companies money and are by far not the majority.

Redbeard

Banned
I guess we can be thankful that being able to beat a game in one sitting isn't one of the requirements for 360 games.

FightyF

Banned
Gek54 said:
The key is they only bought one or two games, these are not the people who make the console companies money and are by far not the majority.

They could possibly be the ones who help the PS2 in the extreme amounts they do. They just need a generic games player, just for show. In that sense, if they can help inflate sales numbers, they do help these companies make money since that's what developer and publishers look at.

Gek54

Except the PS2 has a tie in ratio that is massive compared to either xbox or gamecube and that is what is more important to developers than pure hardware sales numbers.

PG2G

Casual sports gamers probably don't care that much about saving games. Its not like they sit there playing Franchise modes. I guess some would play seasons though.

Speevy

Banned
Just make sure the thing plays Ninja Gaiden Black. Remember Xbox sales are like half what they were last year?

The Faceless Master said:
"focus on the future, not on the past" - peter moore on BC

translation: "We'll give you some BC games, then forget all about it. Just like how Sony promised updates to the PS1 driver in the PS2, but never actually did."

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
AtomicShroom said:
translation: "We'll give you some BC games, then forget all about it. Just like how Sony promised updates to the PS1 driver in the PS2, but never actually did."

When did Sony ever promise updates to the PS1 driver and why would they even need to? Only 8 games weren't compatible (and some of these, like MKT still work really well):

Arcade Party Pak
Arcade's Greatest Hits/Atari 2
Fighter Maker
Final Fantasy Anthology
Judge Dredd
Monkey Hero
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Tomba

Baron Aloha said:
When did Sony ever promise updates to the PS1 driver and why would they even need to? Only 8 games weren't compatible (and some of these, like MKT still work really well):

Arcade Party Pak
Fighter Maker
Final Fantasy Anthology
Judge Dredd
Monkey Hero
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Tomba

If I do recall correctly (and I might not), didn't they say they would add more "improvements" in addition to texture filtering and faster loadings? Maybe I'm just imagining things. :p

AtomicShroom said:
If I do recall correctly (and I might not), didn't they say they would add more "improvements" in addition to texture filtering and faster loadings? Maybe I'm just imagining things. :p

I don't think they ever said that.

AtomicShroom said:
i dont give a shit about what sony said or did, i just wanna know that games like orta, crazy taxi 3 and jsrf will work!

Baron Aloha said:

Arcade Party Pak
Fighter Maker
Final Fantasy Anthology
Judge Dredd
Monkey Hero
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Tomba

Grandia says hello with its fatal crash bugs.

Grandia > most of the PSX library combined.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Final Fantasy Anthology was completly playable too, the save screen randomly scrambled, which just required hitting the back button and trying again.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Dragona Akehi said:
Grandia says hello with its fatal crash bugs.

Grandia > most of the PSX library combined.

Did you try turning off fast loading and texture smoothing? Turning either of those on will add games to the list.

Ironclad

People don't want to save their games? :lol He's going to regret that comment later.

Interesting jabs at Sony and Kutaragi. He had some good things to saw about Iwata and Nintendo though.

Baron Aloha said:
Did you turn off fast loading and texture smoothing? Turning either of those on will add games to the list.

That's without texture filtering OR fast loading.

Grandia will not run properly on PS2. Trust me, I'm Grandia's #1 fan and have played (and suffered) through its MULTIPLE FATAL PS2 BUGS many a time.

Ironclad

Dragona Akehi said:
That's without texture filtering OR fast loading.

Grandia will not run properly on PS2. Trust me, I'm Grandia's #1 fan and have played (and suffered) through its MULTIPLE FATAL PS2 BUGS many a time.
Dragona is right. There is no way to work against the fatal crashes when playing Grandia on a PS2. Whether you have texture filtering or fast loading on or off. The game is still very much playable(and should most definitely be played) but not without these crashes.

Ironclad_Ninja said:
Dragona is right. There is no way to work against the fatal crashes when playing Grandia on a PS2. Whether you have texture filtering or fast loading on or off. The game is still very much playable(and should most definitely be played) but not without these crashes.

So make a goddamn extra special spot on your goddamn incompatibility list.

FightyF

Banned
Gek54 said:
Except the PS2 has a tie in ratio that is massive compared to either xbox or gamecube and that is what is more important to developers than pure hardware sales numbers.

That's true, but there are issues such as how many of the tie ins being value priced games and such. The numbers of discount titles increase as more titles become greatest hits, and so it's a cycle that really stems from hardware sales.

Top Bottom