• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PGR2 Control/Handling Questions!?!?!?!

rc213

Borrowed PGR 2 and played it a bit. Is the steering supposed to be so crappy? Is it me? I couldnt make any turns to save my life. Maybe i was expecting something different since i have been having a blast with Midtown Madness 3. What racing games are more suited to my taste? RSC2? NFS2? Suggestions STAT!

thorns

Banned
There's nothing wrong with PGR2's controls.

If you can't turn it means you're going too fast.
Brake BEFORE a turn and follow the racing line (visible as skid marks on tarmac) and apply throttle gradually as you are exiting the corner. If you're doing it right you will get a "good line" kudos around 20-50, if you get any less it means you are not taking the corner as fast as you could or not following the racing line very well..

shibbs

Nah, the controls are fine. I had the same thing when i started to play the game, i used to slam into every wall. But you just have to get used to it, braking on time helps and so does sliding (with your handbrake).

thorns

Banned
shibbs said:
Nah, the controls are fine. I had the same thing when i started to play the game, i used to slam into every wall. But you just have to get used to it, braking on time helps and so does sliding (with your handbrake).

There are maybe 2-3 corners in the game where sliding might be faster. The only place where you need to use the handbrake is for cone challenges, the rest of the game you can beat on platinium without touching the handbrake.

Top Bottom