• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT2| Item Names in English!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Did some gathering today and I have to say that it feels really tacked on. Not looking forward to have my inventory full of another set of weird items, useless in small quantities.

It's also a bit weird, that fishing has just actions, but mining doesn't. Not that I really care - you can do it only 10 times in a row, unless you level up (which recovers gathering stamina) and it takes so little time that it's hard to get bored with it.

Also, there's nothing like mining tomatoes.

I've noticed that I apparently haven't played through the part of the story from the last patch (shopping etc.). Did it today and I think it was the most cringeworthy part of the PSO2 story to date. On the other hand, the first cutscene from today's patch finally introduced something interesting, so I'm hoping that it gets better.

As for the Cafe area, I kind of like it, although I wonder what will be set up later on the second floor.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
"That plot-twist" in the PSO2 anime, I called it before it aired... somewhat.

I'll admit I am glad the anime went with the "real world kids playing game" angle instead of just retelling the game's story, it's just taking off so slowly, though.
To be honest, before it aired, I was expecting more of a "oh yeah, so this is Earth, but humans have totally conquered space".

I don't mind tropes done well, but PSO2 anime so far seems to be full of tropes just to check all the boxes. There's a lot of potential in stories about online games, so it's a bummer that this one is such a letdown so far, despite having a unique chance to create a narrative spanning through the game and anime, like .hack. I'll go as far as to say that PSO2 could've turned out much better, since the game part, thanks to being an MMO, is more organic and can be updated on the fly based on user's reactions etc.
Sadly, SEGA decided to spend the first half of the series on school life with small tidbits of the game.

Nifta's damage is based off of T-atk. Having it on an S-atk mag can still work fine, it just won't be as strong. Still does enough damage to be useful to have in Bursts and in many other situations. Suction power is not affected by any stats. It and Ketos are the two best Photon blasts.

The PP regen mag actions are pretty popular. If you replace all your mag's actions with those it's pretty handy. You can even do things like keep your mag at 0 hunger and feed it something once you need alot of PP fast.

I'll give those a shot and see how they do. If not, like you said, there's always Ketos. Thanks for the ideas, didn't even consider the PP Regen actions.

Also, I kinda agree about the gathering and crafting feeling tacted on a bit. But I'm really bothered by how hurting my inventory and storage is feeling right now. I was maxed at 100 slots.. but they're starting to tempt me with all this other junk they keep adding with more stones, now more mats.. I can barely keep from getting full. Poor inventory pls.

Hello, new to PSO2 and wanted some people to play with so I thought I would come here, my character name is Zedramcast, dunno how to find out my ID though I still dont really know what i'm doing lol. I believe my player is the same as my character name id have to check. Yeah my player name is Zedramcast and my ID is 13349962

Hello, new to PSO2 and wanted some people to play with so I thought I would come here, my character name is Zedramcast, dunno how to find out my ID though I still dont really know what i'm doing lol. I believe my player is the same as my character name id have to check. Yeah my player name is Zedramcast and my ID is 13349962

Might also help to let people know what ship you're on, as most of us are scattered about different ships nowadays.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Huh, an energency 5 hour maintenance is underway now, will end at 5 pm JST. Hopefully it's fix the weird d/c problems.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Probably "old news", but if you've been using iSecure-OTP for your one time passwords, switch to Google authenticator. For some reason it gives better monthly bonuses.

Since a few days have passed since Gathering has been introduced, how's everyone feeling about it?
I personally haven't read anything about it and every time I log, I visit one of the free areas, mine/fish as much as my stamina allows me and check if I can make any cool rings/food or upgrade my current jewelry.
In case I activate a fever while gathering, I usually start mining like crazy, because fishing means having to wait for the just circle and I failed to get even one useful thing through it so far. Mining seems to be much better.

Probably "old news", but if you've been using iSecure-OTP for your one time passwords, switch to Google authenticator. For some reason it gives better monthly bonuses.

Since a few days have passed since Gathering has been introduced, how's everyone feeling about it?
I personally haven't read anything about it and every time I log, I visit one of the free areas, mine/fish as much as my stamina allows me and check if I can make any cool rings/food or upgrade my current jewelry.
In case I activate a fever while gathering, I usually start mining like crazy, because fishing means having to wait for the just circle and I failed to get even one useful thing through it so far. Mining seems to be much better.

I should probably start up PSO2...i haven't seen anything from the latest updates

Syril

It's been a long time since I've played this and I'm wondering what state the fan translation is in right now. Does it cover the story?

It's been a long time since I've played this and I'm wondering what state the fan translation is in right now. Does it cover the story?
The impression I get is the people doing story translations are separate from those working on UI and item translations. I also think they're not quite as far along as the latter; you could probably get through Episode 1 without issue at least, but right now the game requires you to advance through at least a portion of Episode 4 before you can backtrack, and none of that is translated right now.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
That's sega, take a good idea then fuck it up because they think people spending AC.
I'm buying the Premium Pack every time I play, because I like the game and want to support the makers. Also got all upgrades to the item pack and 2 extra mags, because these things are permanent and make the game much easier.

Oh don't tell me I'm the only one gathering from time to time here. :(

I got my PP Convert, Tech Charge Parry, and Knuckle Chase rings and called it a day. The gathering system overall feels incredibly tacked on even if the rings themselves are cool.
Fuck the amount of inventory space it takes though. When are they just gonna separate all collectibles into their own storage box?

ShinMaruku

I've apparently spent 21900 AC so far this year .-.

I'm buying the Premium Pack every time I play, because I like the game and want to support the makers. Also got all upgrades to the item pack and 2 extra mags, because these things are permanent and make the game much easier.

If you find value in it, you find value in it. All I am saying is they will stumble because they get money and it's what the are. If you take the game as is it's fine, but just know it will never be more because the team behind this are tied to this old engine and just their bad ideas. I had a great time with the game, just see very little to put money in from the 1 time I spent the money because I just have a limited amount of faith in this team, due to the unreasonable work load put on them form the past 10 years.

Got sick over the weekend, which was the time I had set aside to make use of boost week. So I only got through part of my agenda:

• Affix Ofstia talis (Noble Technic, Granzo Soul, Technic 4, Spirita 4, Flict Magia)
  • Grind Orbit dual blades
  • Grind Saiki units
  • Affix Saiki units (Quartz Soul, Power 4, Spirita 4, Love Fever)
  • Grind Yamigarasu
  • Affix Yamigarasu
  • Grind Maihime Kaougi
  • Grind Galwind
  • Affix Maihime Kaougi
  • Affix Galwind
Spent more than I planned because I did what I did in a rush too...

EDIT: Just realized in the rush to affix that I never pulled down all the campaign rewards that expired yesterday. Craaaaaaap

Has there been word on the date that the FFXIV collab will hit PSO2? I've been trying to find dates but coming up short, has the date actually been revealed yet?

Iirc they just announced it, no date or anything.

Ah, ok. I haven't kept up with dates, all i know is that footage of the Odin fight was just a week or so ago

I really hope they bring over weapon camos and costumes, i'd throw more money to the game for FFXIV AC scratch cards

ezodagrom

Ah, ok. I haven't kept up with dates, all i know is that footage of the Odin fight was just a week or so ago

I really hope they bring over weapon camos and costumes, i'd throw more money to the game for FFXIV AC scratch cards
At the very least costumes have been teased. Also expect it to happen sometime this summer, possibly during the PSO2 anniversary event.
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/final-fantasy-xiv-and-pso2-collaboration-announced/
In addition, other items will be planned as well including costumes from the popular Miqo’te race. The collaboration is expected to begin this summer, please check back with us in the future for further details.

Other than this, weapons (probably camos?) icons were found through datamining.

5WltW9E.jpg

Q3k2qMk.jpg

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231910

At the very least costumes have been teased. Also expect it to happen sometime this summer, possibly during the PSO2 anniversary event.
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/final-fantasy-xiv-and-pso2-collaboration-announced/

Other than this, weapons (probably camos?) icons were found through datamining.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231910

Those are actually weapons. Weapon camo backgrounds all have that blue-green color. Only date thats been given for FFXIV stuff has been summer.

ezodagrom

Those are actually weapons. Weapon camo backgrounds all have that blue-green color. Only date thats been given for FFXIV stuff has been summer.
Usually camos have both weapon icon and camo icon in the data, so there's the chance they may have not added the camo version of the icons yet.

Usually camos have both weapon icon and camo icon in the data, so there's the chance they may have not added the camo version of the icons yet.

I hope so. I might have to extend that Deathbringer/ a greatsword with the Deathbringer camo and try to make it all-class to work on my Bouncer

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Where did you go? I'm trying to buy out two stores (lol) but both people I sent couldn't find a single participating store.
The problem might be that they seem to have sent it quite late. I went to 4 or 5 stores in Ikebukuro heard that they don't have it yet/aren't doing ichiban kuji (the name of the raffle). I suggest calling the nearest biggest store near your friends tomorrow, since going to all those places is a waste of time.

The problem might be that they seem to have sent it quite late. I went to 4 or 5 stores in Ikebukuro heard that they don't have it yet/aren't doing ichiban kuji (the name of the raffle). I suggest calling the nearest biggest store near your friends tomorrow, since going to all those places is a waste of time.

Will do. Alternatively, would you be willing to buy out your store if I sent money? lol

Out of curiosity, anyone picking up the OT3 (PS4 version release day)?

I've been thinking about it, but haven't started making anything yet. Having no experience making OTs and having all to look up all the technical info on PS4 registraiton are the things stopping me.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I've been thinking about it, but haven't started making anything yet. Having no experience making OTs and having all to look up all the technical info on PS4 registraiton are the things stopping me.
If you want use any of the stuff from this one, feel free to do so (although it's probably outdated anyway).
The first PSO2 OT was my first OT ever and to be honest it wasn't that hard. The second one was much worse, because I tried adding "changes from the previous OT" and it bloated it way beyond the first post, at which point I had to start trimming.

I was planning on doing a picture for each class/weapon type/whatever being a link leading to the appropriate Cirnopedia/bumped page, with maybe a few biggest highlights for each episode, since that seemed to be the fastest way to do it.

I'm sure bumped will have a guide to the PS4 version, although I assume it will come down to downloading the game from the PS Store, logging in once and linking your account, just like on the Vita.

I also recommend not making my mistake of making an actively updating any Team group lists, because that can get out of hand very fast.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2s-playstation-4-launch-update/

PS4 launch update. What interests me the most is the New Age weapon grinding system. Most likely will be easier to understand once we try it our for ourselves but from what i understand you have to level them up now with grind XP to get grind levels
Sounds like a cool updated with a lot of stuff to do (if someone isn't bored by the game itself).

There's also a list of balance changes linked at the end of the article, also an interesting read.

I'm preparing the new OT. If you want your ID number listed in the friend referral section make a post with your number and user name.
Also if anyone has some OT name suggestions list them. Preferably it should incorporate PS4 in it somewhere for maximum advertising. But if you have a good one that doesn't have PS4 in it, feel free to say it too.
Best I've got so far is "|OT| PS4 Ways to Play"

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm preparing the new OT. If you want your ID number listed in the friend referral section make a post with your number and user name.
Also if anyone has some OT name suggestions list them. Preferably it should incorporate PS4 in it somewhere for maximum advertising. But if you have a good one that doesn't have PS4 in it, feel free to say it too.
Best I've got so far is "|OT| PS4 Ways to Play"
If the ID stays the same after moving ships:
My ID is 10077436 (Ship 1).

I like the OT subtitle, but I think it should be |OT3|, since it will be used as the main thread to talk about the game (and last time when OTs were split between a regular and Vita one, mods got angry).

Edit:
Checked, the ID stays the same after transferring to another ship.

If the ID stays the same after moving ships:
My ID is 10077436 (Ship 1).

I like the OT subtitle, but I think it should be |OT3|, since it will be used as the main thread to talk about the game (and last time when OTs were split between a regular and Vita one, mods got angry).

I'm not entirely certain the IDs stay the same; you might want to check on that. I'm not sure if anyone else is playing on Ship01 though.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm not entirely certain the IDs stay the same; you might want to check on that. I'm not sure if anyone else is playing on Ship01 though.
There's a few people, mostly Japan based Gaffers. Will check that ID later, good call.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm currently leveling my Braver which is in the 6x and wanted to ask something - is doing recommended quests and hoping for a Bonus Quest key the best way to spend time right now xp-wise? I noticed that the silver key bonus quest (have yet to get the golden key) gives me around ~50% xp for the next level, maybe a bit less.

Aside from that, I try to join parties for the level up quest and extreme quests, but this gives less experience than I remember from leveling my other classes, even with the +75% xp and +100% triboost.

Top Bottom