• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pharma CEO worries Americans will say “enough is enough” and embrace single payer

ramuh

Unfortunately Americans subsidize most of the World's drugs. They charge everyone else pennies but charge Americans a boatload to make their profits.

Just look at Hep c drugs in India vs. America. It's crazy.

I love reading sruff like this. There is no industry in America that makes profit margins as obsecene as pharmaceuticals. The European giants like Sanofi and Novo Nordisk are just as guilty as well. The day that their life gouging practices are put to an end will be one the greatest in the history of the country.

VariantX

I believe a good number have already decided this, it's our elected officials that need to get their shit together.

How I imagine pharma CEOs look:

witch%20from%20snow%20white.jpg

4Tran

Luckily for him, enough Americans are set in their ways, so it'll have to get a lot worse before the country embraces single payer health care. The second part of the puzzle is that prevention is better for people than treatment is, but because treatment is a lot more profitable, guess what ends up getting all the money?

Unfortunately Americans subsidize most of the World's drugs. They charge everyone else pennies but charge Americans a boatload to make their profits.

Just look at Hep c drugs in India vs. America. It's crazy.
This is largely because the US lets the pharmaceuticals get away with it. Even worse, the US government pays a lot to help them perform drug research, but they're the ones pocketing all of the benefits.

HeatBoost

Reads a bit like a supervillain going "If we keep robbbing banks and building killer robots, someone is gonna crash through a skylight and beat us up"

bionic77

I love reading sruff like this. There is no industry in America that makes profit margins as obsecene as pharmaceuticals. The European giants like Sanofi and Novo Nordisk are just as guilty as well. The day that their life gouging practices are put to an end will be one the greatest in the history of the country.
I don't know if that is true (though they are probably up there with banks, credit companies and software developers).

But what is true is they make insane money off of life and death situations. If I can't afford to buy Windows or don't qualify for a credit card I don't die.

Top Bottom