• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: Still have flagship games in development; "new IP critical"

Chobel

Shahid commented on NMS weeks before it even got unveiled.

I personally wouldn't read too much into tweets that can have different interpretations depending on the person. Shuhei's good at this, where he answers 'no' to every question asked about 'new stuff reveal!?'

MS could have helped Hello games after their office was flooded, in exchange for for exclusivity.

Interested to see what this unannounced game could be.

Sounds weird when he put it that way. It sounds as if the project itself is something that has no problem with or without a strong narrative, but Spencer wants it to have it.

Crackdown 3? Rare game? Something from Lift London/etc? Stuff from Black Tusk/343/Lionhead are naturally going to have strong story aspects, without needing for Spencer to push it.

MS could have helped Hello games after their office was flooded, in exchange for for exclusivity.

So could had Sony, Nintendo or Publisher X.

Not saying it can't happen, but then it goes off a speculation tangent of 'who is the next 'Everybody's Gone to the Rapture', where an indie game became exclusive to first-party platform because 'reasons'"

Chobel

Could have but did they is the real question.

Would MS do it? Of course they would. After the VGX trailer, many people (me included) were hyped for this, I'm sure MS would love to get piece of that game.

Would Hello games accept the deal? That's the real question.

Sounds weird when he put it that way. It sounds as if the project itself is something that has no problem with or without a strong narrative, but Spencer wants it to have it.

Crackdown 3? Rare game? Something from Lift London/etc? Stuff from Black Tusk/343/Lionhead are naturally going to have strong story aspects, without needing for Spencer to push it.

So could had Sony, Nintendo or Publisher X.

Not saying it can't happen, but then it goes off a speculation tangent of 'who is the next 'Everybody's Gone to the Rapture', where an indie game became exclusive to first-party platform because 'reasons'"

In the beginning of this generation it looks like MS is the one with more moneyhats to spare. If anyone would get the [exclusivity] deal, it would be MS.

The Flash

Banned
Would MS do it? Of course they would. After the VGX trailer, many people (me included) were hyped for this, I'm sure MS would love to get piece of that game.

Would Hello games accept the deal? That's the real question.

Indeed. If they did then everyone and their brother would throw a fit. "oh look, MS moneyhatted another game". I'm not saying it doesn't happen but ultimately the decision is up to the developers. If Hello Games got offered a deal and they were okay with it, then that's that. Game over man, game over. I do hope that they got everything figured out and that they didn't lose all if their data. That suck beyond belief.

In the beginning of this generation it looks like MS is the one with more moneyhats to spare. If anyone would get the deal, it would be MS.

That's assuming that such a deal is transpiring in the first place.

It's too much speculation and assumptions. If there was at least a hint of such a bid happening, then it's fine... but we've not heard of anything of that sort yet.

Chobel

Indeed. If they did then everyone and their brother would throw a fit. "oh look, MS moneyhatted another game". I'm not saying it doesn't happen but ultimately the decision is up to the developers. If Hello Games got offered a deal and they were okay with it, then that's that. Game over man, game over. I do hope that they got everything figured out and that they didn't lose all if their data. That suck beyond belief.

They said they had backups for their data, which is good news. Still they lost their office and get nothing from insurance company which totally blows.

wJidCyB.png

Eh, I guess I was one of the few people not that enamored by No Man's Sky. It's impressive and all that, especially coming from such a small studio, but I would much prefer something more handcrafted and less procedurally generated. I'm not sure if No Man's Sky will scratch the itch for well designed and varied campaign missions.

MS should invest in a Xbox character exclusive fighting game. Get their internal KI team and a bunch of former Smash developers on it. It would be a good platform to reintroduce old characters like Conker, Joanna Dark, the Battletoads, etc. to new fans. Then if the game is successful, MS might consider taking chances on the other classic Rare IPs like they did with KI. At the very least they should add Master Chief or the Arbiter as characters in the 2nd season of KI.

A Power Stone clone with Ms characters *o*

Or a power stone clone with any cast, really

Top Bottom