• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Philippines' Duterte orders troops to disputed South China Sea

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

Heard about it this morning, said he would tour the islands himself.
Life comes at you fast I suppose.

He was warned prior about China encroachment, but now he freaks out? I mean what do you expect?

Well I guess trying to get China to annihilate your entire country is one way to kill all the drug users and dealers. I mean he's been killing plenty of users and innocent people pretty efficiently all by himself, but I guess he's getting impatient.

EYEL1NER

I wonder if his supporters will still be cheering for him as he pushes the Phillipines over a cliff?
Fuck man, he campaigned on being tough on China and the Spratley Island dispute, which was something the people wanted. Then he gets in and starts sucking of China and the response from most people I saw seemed to be something along the lines of "DU30 can't do any wrong, so good on him. We love China now." I pointed out how ridiculous the whole thing was to in-laws who were applauding his pro-China stance on Facebook and didn't get a single response. Not even gonna point out the hypocrisy to them now.

Madness

This is not going to end well for him. He already is on shaky terms with the US, don't think he can afford that with China as well.

He put himself on shaky terms with the US. Otherwise the ruling on the South China Sea was enough for them to pressure China. But then he basically says we shouldn't let anyone but Philippines interfere and then says China will do what it wants. Let's see if the have the guts to carry forward. Any flashpoints will still have the international community firmly behind Philippines and not China in terms of the South China Sea.

FRIENDSHIP ENDED WITH JINPING

now TRUMP is my best friend

Did I do this right?

6OmS49P.png

danm999

Hmm admit you can do nothing against China's military a month ago and then saber rattle a month later.

Interesting strategy Cotton etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom