• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pick up lines / convo starters for Tinder

Cutty Flam

Banned
Give me some. I’ll use them (possibly some will make the cut) if they’re hilarious enough, and post back with results later in the evening hahah

It’s such a problematic site imo. I’m just going to have fun and take it as lightly as I can; have more fun

Can be pick up line, something completely random, an earnest reply that might spark genuine conversation, anything amusing. I’m sure someone will come up with something good. Online dating is largely a joke to me so I’m all for joke responses

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Everybody wants to be witty, so write your profile in a way that creates openings for funny replies.
You'll notice that many of the messages you receive will have the same joke, but that'll allow you to make your decision based on important factors like appearance and age.

Last edited:
My go to.

p9swtW8.jpg

Rat Rage

Here is a good starter.

Hi, I'm "insert name here". I promise I don't have Covid19 or any kind of STD's. I also promise that I had no sex with other Tinder members who might've had Covid19 or STD's as well. However, I can't be 100% sure, so I hope you don't mind. Therefore, please don't blame me if having Sex with me gets you Covid and kills your elderly parents. XXXOOOXXX.

Neil Young

I never used Tinder, but Plenty of Fish and Ok cupid. I'm far from studly and don't have much money but did VERY well on those sites (met current gf on one). It was my first time using dating sites and was SHOCKED at the amount of decent looking women I hooked up with. Again, I am a 6 AT BEST.

I don't know if tinder has profiles but I just would be witty and put some things that I hated that most people like. I put that I hated peanut butter and it should be wiped off the planet etc. Would always get comments from girls with "how do you not like peanut butter?" Boom, in.

Don't be brash, show us ya gash

Don't be a twat, show us ya rat!

Don't be harsh, flash us ya marsh

pls respond

Hello?

R u still there?

Is your internet broken

I'll only message 15 more times before I take the hint

bitch

slut

you probably smell of fucking fish anyway you aids ridden cunt

sorry, I was drinking and my cat died last week.

hello?

Fuck you then you fat slag, i'd rather fuck your mate

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
So, women complain about not getting good opening lines. But on Bumble, where women have to open, literally every single opening line I have gotten is, "hey" and then some variant of "how are you"

Be the change you want to see in the world, ladies.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
So Corinna was super impressed by that right? I’m getting back on these apps soon, I need results!
Forget Tinder. POF was alright. And I hear OKCupid is even better. Corinna is too busy shoving donuts down her snout to reply

Be good looking and say hey or make some random observation about their profile pics.

lbCNOHu.jpg

dxeSZd3.jpg

We can’t all get bitches like you, Iggy.

eot

Banned
I feel like I got a glimpse of the real tinder for a moment yesterday: girl matches me, writes first, wants to meet immediately - wasn't catfish!!

Amory

back when i was doing online dating, i came to realize most girls don't care about your opening line if they like how you look

so I just started saying "Hey, what's up?" to anyone I found attractive. If they responded, then I'd ask them something about their profile or whatever.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
“Could you please try to describe your vaginal odor in detail? Don’t leave anything out. Thank you.”

thefool

“Could you please try to describe your vaginal odor in detail? Don’t leave anything out. Thank you.”

Several girls have showed me their tinder (and ig) convos, and guys really do send stuff like this, some actually in an unironic way.

Y'all never forget that your competition there is very weak, both in looks and conversation. It doesn't mean there aren't gorgeous dudes in there (there are), but majority of guys in there sucks ass.

Top Bottom