• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics That Make You Laugh |OT| Memes Galore

Trouble

Banned
18xJJX2.gif

Jagermeister. Not even once.

Woorloog

Banned
I seriously started thinking about what kind of velocity the cannonball would need, and how long it would take for the cannonball to go around Earth. Interesting problem.

komplanen

I seriously started thinking about what kind of velocity the cannonball would need, and how long it would take for the cannonball to go around Earth. Interesting problem.

What if you time it based on the video (roughly 1 second) and then calculate how fast a 10mm diameter steel ball bearing would have to travel to go around the Earth?

Woorloog

Banned
What if you time it based on the video (roughly 1 second) and then calculate how fast a 10mm diameter steel ball bearing would have to travel to go around the Earth?

Ignoring atmosphere and assuming there are no obstacles, and assuming Earth's gravity were high enough to prevent the ball from escaping, and assuming the ball would be skimming on Earth's surface... Equatorial circumference is 40,000 km roughly. So, 40,000 km/s. Which is about 13% of speed of light.

10mm steel ball weights about 4 grams based on some googling. If i calculated correctly, it would have kinetic energy over 3 terajoules... a bit less than a kiloton of TNT.

Theecliff

Banned
i iiterally fell up the stairs of a club

my friends had to pick me up as i'd fallen over in the middle of a dance floor

i request someone post something that makes me feel less shitey

o gosh the alcohol has hit me

Theecliff

Banned
i like to think of myself as more of a middleweight if that's even a thing

and i feel like an elevator in a club is just a disaster waiting to happen

FUME5

i like to think of myself as more of a middleweight if that's even a thing

and i feel like an elevator in a club is just a disaster waiting to happen

Practice makes perfect.

When the West Australian bogan wants to show how classy they are, they have their wedding reception at a Bunnings sausage sizzle.

Code:
[IMG]https://scontent.fper1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21077747_814826992057204_787091274155584515_n.jpg?oh=311805713f853ca9c50bd23e1a931309&oe=5A136A0A[/IMG]

Top Bottom